You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » how does the rating system work?
Bottom
Topic Subject:how does the rating system work?
PittBull260
Mortal
posted 04 August 2006 11:55 PM EDT (US)         
i was wondering because one time i won and i went up like 20-25 pnts then i won another one and i went up 10 pnts, how does it work?
AuthorReplies:
CrimsonBlade319
Mortal
posted 05 August 2006 00:02 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
I believe it has to do with how much higher your score is than your opponents, but I may be wrong.
Wadinator
Mortal
posted 05 August 2006 00:08 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
Basically, the rating goes like this as far as I can tell:

1) If you WIN vs someone with a higher rate than yourself, your score increases sharply.
2) If you WIN vs someone with a lower rate than yourself, your score increases a little.
3) If you LOSE vs someone with a higher rate than yourself, your score decreases a little.
4) If you LOSE vs someone with a lower rate than yourself, your score decreases sharply.

I remember reading somewhere recently that the system also compares the scores to see if you "deserve" the win or loss. I am not sure that this is accurate though.

My Scenario: Battle Pit
There once were four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody. There was an important job to do and Everybody was asked to do it. Everybody was sure Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought that Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody would not do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.
harr
Mortal
posted 05 August 2006 03:10 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
It's an Elo rating system.
Silent_Assassin7
Mortal
posted 05 August 2006 03:29 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
thats kinda nifty
Macho Oily Man
Mortal
(id: jellybug)
posted 05 August 2006 05:01 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       

Quote:

how does the rating system work?

If you win, it increases. If you lose, it decreases.

Do you believe in destiny? That even the powers of time can be altered for a single purpose? That the luckiest man who walks upon this earth is the one who finds... true love?
Liebonton
Mortal
posted 05 August 2006 06:00 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
I got a question related to the rating system. After a lot of games dose your rating not increse or decrease by as much or will it stay increase and decreaseing by the same amount?
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames