You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Trouble versing Atty
Bottom
Topic Subject:Trouble versing Atty
gest0neman
Mortal
posted 05 August 2006 02:06 AM EDT (US)         
Ok I play Zeus.... I don't how atty takes the FW before I even reach classical! There's probably no way 2 stop this they just keep on rebuilding.... and i can't stop it. This is what a normally do:

7 food
6 wood
6 gold

Age with Hermes.

Use Cease to take nearest TC near enemy (if enemy attacks)

Build Archers --> later cav

Atty then attacks my main I can't stop it! Imo atty pwns greek...

AuthorReplies:
RSP_JOSH_12
Mortal
posted 05 August 2006 02:31 AM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
what are you attacking or defending with?
havoc 55
Mortal
posted 05 August 2006 02:34 AM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
Well a big problem in your strat is you do not use your God's strength.

Zeus is infantry
Hades is archers
Poseidon is cavalry

You play Zeus and use archers and cavalry.

Also most Atty will start by pumping out Turma and you are starting with archers, which leaves you to get ownd. The unit they must use to counter your hoplites good, the cherioballista, is expensive and bad unless in large groups. I would recomend starting with hops, then added some hipps as he will start to had the cherios.

Im not too sure though, i like playing greek but suck as them. Maybe a 1-1-1 would work better.

RSP_JOSH_12
Mortal
posted 05 August 2006 02:37 AM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
havoc55 has a point you should use hoplites and most atties use turmas cuase of there cheapness, so pump out hoplites and then wipe them out, then pump out a junk load of toxites cause they will think you only using hoplits and the cherobilstas are weak compared to toxites. so hopefuly that will help you .
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 05 August 2006 04:38 AM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
i r n00b gave the response here.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
minatour_warrior
Banned
posted 05 August 2006 05:30 AM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
rofl DaP thats twice you have fooled these people looking for help? the majority of us cant complain though as your advice is normally spot on and very helpful
i r n00b
Banned
posted 05 August 2006 06:13 AM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
With a bit of luck and a decent map you can outboom him.. Get the TC nearest to you and AQ vills from it to wood, from your first TC some to gold then herdables, make sure you have at least 500 gold when your first gold mine runs out (stop creating army). Now just boom with 2 TCs, all to wood/farms/farms/farms/temples, now when you're in Heroic AQ Hydra and attack with Bronze to secure 2nd mine while sending a vill to a corner to make a market. Use ceasefire to get way more buildings up if necessary.
gest0neman
Mortal
posted 05 August 2006 02:05 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
I can't stand atty! I don't use infantry because usually I BOOM in the second age getting loads of villies on food or wood. I DON'T get infantry because every1 acutully exepects I'm gonna get hoplites when I'm versing norse or eggy so they mass axes - easily countered with toxotes. With norse I purely make archers in norse classical archers can stop nearly everything even RC massed 30 tox beat a 1700 out with only that
SSJVegetaTrunks
Mortal
posted 05 August 2006 04:19 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
Here's an idea for you then:

Don't do the same thing against different civs. You can make infantry against atlanteans and still make archers against other gods.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames