You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.24 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Old Fire Giant Graphics were much better.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Old Fire Giant Graphics were much better.
deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 12 December 2001 11:19 PM EDT (US)         
I think they were. I'm sorry ES, but Alexander said it correctly when he said they look like plastic.

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
AuthorReplies:
Thunder
VIP BonusXP
posted 13 December 2001 01:49 AM EDT (US)     1 / 24       
Heh, I prefer the old art too, but to be fair the current art looks much more impressive in motion. They used to look more fiery, and now they look more like giants. I'll get used to it.
Hamster Of Death
Mortal
posted 13 December 2001 02:41 AM EDT (US)     2 / 24       
I think they should actually be giants - as in huge.

That'd be much cooler.

zabee
Mortal
posted 13 December 2001 03:27 AM EDT (US)     3 / 24       
I don't think there that bad i mean i think when in a animation the will kinda be looking like there made of lava or somthing which would be cool.
jefflam
Mortal
posted 13 December 2001 05:43 AM EDT (US)     4 / 24       
I think I should trust ES...

or they will rub off my name from the beta list

Joking leads to anger.
Anger leads to hate.
Hate leads to suffering.
I'm Joking.
l3litZer0

bismark27511
Mortal
posted 13 December 2001 07:52 AM EDT (US)     5 / 24       
no offense es, but the old ones were better... i think it would be cool to have the major fiery ones attacking at night.... the new ones might look more like giants... they just arent as spectacular tho...

If u arent one of those scenario playin, black forest loving, drop-tricking, red ping, econ booming, WALLING, 0 gamer, WONDER BUILDING, incompleters, come to rated and we can have an AOE game like it is supposed to be played...
Psychic Ostrich
Mortal
posted 13 December 2001 10:38 AM EDT (US)     6 / 24       
I think it would be cool if there skin would flow around their body, like lava. Also it would be cool if their flame got fiercer while they are fighting.

SNIPPETS OF A CAFE CHAT:
Hey hi, damn, where is my... ...fridge, y'now, its been playing... ...with his nailclippers! I didnt know what to... ...weed, cos' i'm not a gardner, unlike Old... ...cushion, now it was... ...a bit soggy, with all his diarrhoea... ...experience with the theoretical side of... ...cats, oh they are doing... ...dancing with his best friend! now I would like to... ...grasp by the hilt you see? Anyway better be... ...going to lose his socks, silly... ...frog. Cya'...
Real
Mortal
posted 13 December 2001 11:33 AM EDT (US)     7 / 24       
I don't really dislike their new graphic, but an idea:

They'd make it so that maybe 10 seconds they are like now, with less fire and then again for 10 seconds with more fire, that'd also look cool, what 'bout this?

Where's paradise?...............AoM is....In war there're only loosers!
Paradise is in your heart - ..gonna come! Love is the soul's blood!
open your heart and you'll be in paradise!..There's no uncertainty, there's only hope!
What's the difference between a raven?...What's yellow and hangs in a tree?
Nothing...its legs are both equal, all about the right one!...=> A blue couch!
Real may say he leaves...but be sure, he'll come back!
martin
Mortal
posted 13 December 2001 12:40 PM EDT (US)     8 / 24       
Yeah, they used to be better. ES probably has a good reason though.

BTW, Real, are u a fan of the football(soccer) team over there(Bremen)?just wanna know if Pizarro transferred to Bayern or not.

Former Leader and co-Founder of the FPH Clan

Now I just troll boards. ^_^
ES_Archangel
Immortal
posted 13 December 2001 01:23 PM EDT (US)     9 / 24       
Screenshots don't really do justice to some of the units in AOM. They really shine when you see them in full movement/motion in the game (or AVI) !

Mike "Archangel" McCart
Community Relations Manager
Ensemble Studios (Microsoft)
http://www.ensemblestudios.com
Developers of the Age of Empires Series of Games
Coming 2002: Age of Mythology

Real
Mortal
posted 13 December 2001 01:31 PM EDT (US)     10 / 24       

Quoted from martin:

BTW, Real, are u a fan of the football(soccer) team over there(Bremen)?just wanna know if Pizarro transferred to Bayern or not.

LOL, I'm really surprised to hear a question about a german football player from a guy from Peru which lives in the USA!

No, I'm not a fan from Werder (that's the club's name) and I also dunno if he transfered to Bayern.

But I'd really like to know why you're interested in that!

open your heart and you'll be in paradise!..There's no uncertainty, there's only hope!

[This message has been edited by Real (edited 12-13-2001 @ 01:34 PM).]

Alexandergreat3
Mortal
posted 13 December 2001 01:55 PM EDT (US)     11 / 24       

Quoted from Real:

I don't really dislike their new graphic, but an idea:
They'd make it so that maybe 10 seconds they are like now, with less fire and then again for 10 seconds with more fire

That's a great idea . By the way, anyone here has played or seen the coin-op arcade game called Killer Instincts? One of the characters that they have is called Cinder, and he is literally a walking, molten lava! His skin glows like the surface of the sun, with little, curvy waves of flames shooting off it! Really awesome looking!! It looked just like these: and

Another totally cool character that they have is an icy alien called Glacius, who can morph back and forth between liquid and solid ice (like in the film Terminator 2). Really spectacular looking when he does that! (maybe the ice giant in AoM should get a special attack similar to this?. I would definitely vote for it )

martin
Mortal
posted 13 December 2001 02:52 PM EDT (US)     12 / 24       
Real:
Just wondering cause he's, by far, the best peruvian player right now and one of my best friends when kids(we used to play soccer all the time in the same park)

I just kinda lost track of him after he went to Germany and I came to the US, that's all. I heard the rumors he was transferring to bayern...

ES_Archangel: Is the 'new' Fire giant going to be included in the next movie? that way we can see what u are talking about.

Former Leader and co-Founder of the FPH Clan

Now I just troll boards. ^_^
Real
Mortal
posted 13 December 2001 03:28 PM EDT (US)     13 / 24       
martin: I even didn't know that he's peruvian!
But if it helps you I could try to get some info 'bout this!

Psychic Ostrich
Mortal
posted 13 December 2001 03:49 PM EDT (US)     14 / 24       
I think they may have changed the art so that it was easier to put player colours on it, the old art didnt have any bands on its arms so you couldent tell what it was. Maybe the old art looked rubbish with player colours.

SNIPPETS OF A CAFE CHAT:
Hey hi, damn, where is my... ...fridge, y'now, its been playing... ...with his nailclippers! I didnt know what to... ...weed, cos' i'm not a gardner, unlike Old... ...cushion, now it was... ...a bit soggy, with all his diarrhoea... ...experience with the theoretical side of... ...cats, oh they are doing... ...dancing with his best friend! now I would like to... ...grasp by the hilt you see? Anyway better be... ...going to lose his socks, silly... ...frog. Cya'...
ES_Archangel
Immortal
posted 13 December 2001 04:50 PM EDT (US)     15 / 24       
Martin: "Is the 'new' Fire giant going to be included in the next movie? that way we can see what u are talking"

Yes Mr Fire Giant does make an appearance in the new AVI.

Cloudchaser_Eagle
Mortal
posted 13 December 2001 05:09 PM EDT (US)     16 / 24       
Yay! Well, anyway, Archangel is right... In motion, I'm sure the new fire giants look kool. Although to be honest, when it came to still art, I liked the old ones better, too.

29th Greatest AoMH Forumer ever, former (and proud) FPH Templar
Winner of CC_Straight_Og's "Most Humorous Reply" award (though I still have no idea why ).
Winner of AgeofMe's "The Site Jerk" title (and I do have an idea why )
"Character is destiny." -Heraclitus
Official Mascot of the Age of Mythology Heaven forums!
jefflam
Mortal
posted 14 December 2001 09:14 AM EDT (US)     17 / 24       
I wonder how big it is...can't wait

Perharps they finally release a movie to "live up" this forums

Joking leads to anger.
Anger leads to hate.
Hate leads to suffering.
I'm Joking.
l3litZer0

Real
Mortal
posted 14 December 2001 10:03 AM EDT (US)     18 / 24       
martin: I found a fansite from him and there they said that he's at Bayern!

ES_Archangel
Immortal
posted 14 December 2001 01:51 PM EDT (US)     19 / 24       
darn guys, I lied to you. The New Fire Gaint isn't in the New AVI. It missed the cut, but only hours ...

But lets see if I can "steal" a shot of it and post it up during the xmas week.

Stone_Giant
Mortal
posted 14 December 2001 03:26 PM EDT (US)     20 / 24       
Start of Blasphemy:

Quote:

darn guys, I lied to you. The New Fire Gaint isn't in the New AVI. It missed the cut, but only hours ...

End of Blasphemy
lol

Stone_Giant

teutonicknight
Mortal
posted 14 December 2001 08:18 PM EDT (US)     21 / 24       

Quote:

Yes! Steal a shot of it!

Copyright 2000-2002 teutonicknight LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Psychic Ostrich
Mortal
posted 15 December 2001 07:48 AM EDT (US)     22 / 24       
No, stealing is dishonest, BORROW IT, show it to us then we will steal it off you, therfore YOU cannot be blamed.

An incredibly cunning plan, as cunning as a cunning plan thought up by an extreamly cunning fox who had just won the competition for being the most cunningly cunning Fox in the most cunning plan making acadamy

SNIPPETS OF A CAFE CHAT:
ES_Archangel
Immortal
posted 15 December 2001 02:30 PM EDT (US)     23 / 24       
Sorry Guys, The New Fire Giant Art DID NOT make it in the AVI...

to TRY to make up for it, visit the ES AOM Site http://www.ensemblestudios.com/aom on Monday the 17th for a image of the new guy.

bismark27511
Mortal
posted 15 December 2001 02:35 PM EDT (US)     24 / 24       
sounds good to me, thx archangel

If u arent one of those scenario playin, black forest loving, drop-tricking, red ping, econ booming, WALLING, 0 gamer, WONDER BUILDING, incompleters, come to rated and we can have an AOE game like it is supposed to be played...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames