You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.18 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Which culture and why?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Which culture and why?
RottweilerReX
Mortal
posted 13 December 2001 00:03 AM EDT (US)         
I would like to know which culture you would like to play and which God to workship.And if possible give reasons for your answer.
AuthorReplies:
Gryphon_Rider
Mortal
posted 13 December 2001 00:18 AM EDT (US)     1 / 18       
The Zeus worshipping Greeks.

The Greeks are always my personal favorite and Zeus's lightning is simply cool

Thunder
VIP BonusXP
posted 13 December 2001 04:56 AM EDT (US)     2 / 18       
Norse --> Thor

Favour gathering method is right up my alley, and they generally sound like they'll fit my playing style.

Real
Mortal
posted 13 December 2001 11:47 AM EDT (US)     3 / 18       
I don't know, but I guess when first time puting AoM into my computer I'll play the egyptians, (and I'll faint, imagine this moment!) 'cause of their buildings and their chariots.

Where's paradise?...............AoM is....In war there're only loosers!
Paradise is in your heart - ..gonna come! Love is the soul's blood!
open your heart and you'll be in paradise!..There's no uncertainty, there's only hope!
What's the difference between a raven?...What's yellow and hangs in a tree?
Nothing...its legs are both equal, all about the right one!...=> A blue couch!
Real may say he leaves...but be sure, he'll come back!
Cloudchaser_Eagle
Mortal
posted 13 December 2001 05:16 PM EDT (US)     4 / 18       
Norse and Thor in DM (DMs constitute about 90% of the AoC games I play on the zone), since I'm a very aggressive DM player. Greek and Poseidon is also a possibility, cause Poseidon introduced the horse to man, so they'll probably get some kind of cavalry bonus, and Franks are one of my fave AoC civs.

I got no idea for RM, tho... At least I have a few months to think it over.

29th Greatest AoMH Forumer ever, former (and proud) FPH Templar
Winner of CC_Straight_Og's "Most Humorous Reply" award (though I still have no idea why ).
Winner of AgeofMe's "The Site Jerk" title (and I do have an idea why )
"Character is destiny." -Heraclitus
Official Mascot of the Age of Mythology Heaven forums!
Hamster Of Death
Mortal
posted 13 December 2001 05:55 PM EDT (US)     5 / 18       
I can't put a finger on it, but for some reason the Norse seem coolest to me.
Kiramun_Katibun
Banned
posted 13 December 2001 06:34 PM EDT (US)     6 / 18       
Egypt Cuz they look so darn sexy

[This message has been edited by Kiramun_Katibun (edited 12-13-2001 @ 06:35 PM).]

SoR_Anarchy
Mortal
posted 14 December 2001 05:15 PM EDT (US)     7 / 18       
Odin ( the ravens are cool ) - Norse.

God Bless America.

I am the state.

Imperialarc
Mortal
posted 14 December 2001 07:34 PM EDT (US)     8 / 18       
Norse and Odin.
Egyptian were my favorite but Norse looks just fantastic!
Jotun
Mortal
posted 14 December 2001 09:25 PM EDT (US)     9 / 18       
Whoever gets the meteors. METORS AND MONKEYS!!!!!!!
Ace Cataphract
HG Alumnus
(id: Ace_Cataphract)
posted 14 December 2001 09:38 PM EDT (US)     10 / 18       
Greeks and Posidon cause it'll be cool to see ships wiped sucked into the water in sea maps. And Loki on land maps cause of the meteor showers.

I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed. ~George Carlin
jduderocks
Mortal
posted 15 December 2001 03:26 PM EDT (US)     11 / 18       
The egyptians and whatever gives em the best spynxes and chariots or maybe greeks and whatever gets em the HYDRA
bismark27511
Mortal
posted 15 December 2001 03:31 PM EDT (US)     12 / 18       
hey- they said the pharoah did something awesome, and the egyption units are just awesome, os i would be the egyptions, (the meteor showers look appealing tho)

If u arent one of those scenario playin, black forest loving, drop-tricking, red ping, econ booming, WALLING, 0 gamer, WONDER BUILDING, incompleters, come to rated and we can have an AOE game like it is supposed to be played...
Cloudchaser_Eagle
Mortal
posted 15 December 2001 05:44 PM EDT (US)     13 / 18       
jduderocks- it's possible that those criteria might not narrow it down enough for you. AoM is currently slated to have a full cast of minor deities such as (aka ES, plz include these ) Athena, Apollo, Artemis, Thoth, Isis, Sebek, Balder, Freyr and Freyja, and each one of these deities are supposed to have their own MU and god power, I believe.

Winner of CC_Straight_Og's "Most Humorous Reply" award (though I still have no idea why ).
bismark27511
Mortal
posted 15 December 2001 05:50 PM EDT (US)     14 / 18       
wait a sec- i thought choosing deities only gave you different god powers, and i thought the tech tree was the same. does the tech tree change too?

If u arent one of those scenario playin, black forest loving, drop-tricking, red ping, econ booming, WALLING, 0 gamer, WONDER BUILDING, incompleters, come to rated and we can have an AOE game like it is supposed to be played...
Cloudchaser_Eagle
Mortal
posted 15 December 2001 06:06 PM EDT (US)     15 / 18       
bismarck- i wasn't talkin' about the tech tree. As is, u can select some minor deities under your major deities, and I believe each one gives u a unique MU and god power. No idea on tech trees, tho.

bismark27511
Mortal
posted 15 December 2001 06:20 PM EDT (US)     16 / 18       
ya thats what i thought... but i quote u...

u can select some minor deities under your major deities, and I believe each one gives u a unique MU and god power...

end quote

this implies that when playing, u only get one mu, is that right?

bismark27511
Mortal
posted 15 December 2001 06:24 PM EDT (US)     17 / 18       
or wait does it mean u must build a certain temple to a certain ceity to get that certain mu and power. so u must build several temples to get more mus? i think i got it

InsaneCow
Mortal
posted 15 December 2001 06:59 PM EDT (US)     18 / 18       
bismark, here is how I think it works (from the ideas of IC, not sold at a retailer near you):

I pick Greeks as my culture. I now choose between Poseidon, Zeus and Hades as my main gods. If I choose Zeus, then I build a large temple to him. Now I can use the lightning god power and I am granted the ability to build hydras. I can build as many of these hydras as I want, as long as I have enough resources to build them. Next, I build a minor temple to Athena. Now not only do I have the lightning god power, but I also have the meteor god power at my disposal too. And now I can build as many Minotaurs as I want, as long as I have enough resources.

Re-cap:

I pick Zeus - Can use lightning, can build hydras

I pick Athena as one of my sub-gods - I can use meteor shower and build Minotaurs.

Get it? (Mostly known/old facts, tiny bits of speculation included)

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
Michael Jackson is innocent!
G-Dubs is the greatest president evah!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames