You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.16 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Big ships?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Big ships?
Nishroch Order
Mortal
posted 14 December 2001 00:55 AM EDT (US)         
I like the idea that there is finally an RTS game that have units that look proportional. I mean like units that are small compared to buidings and ships that look. But judging from what I had seen from a screenshot the ships are really big, not that I don't like it, but I'm just wondering how I'm going to control ships that fill up halve a screen? Is there some kind of Resolution/Zoom adjuster that can be controled ingame like in EE?

Wisest art thou who knowst thou does not knowst
AuthorReplies:
RottweilerReX
Mortal
posted 14 December 2001 01:02 AM EDT (US)     1 / 16       
From what i heard you can zoom in and out.
Nishroch Order
Mortal
posted 14 December 2001 01:11 AM EDT (US)     2 / 16       
Now wouldn't zooming in and out constantly to track down units be abit troublesome?

Last_Knight
Mortal
posted 14 December 2001 01:21 AM EDT (US)     3 / 16       
sorry to disappoint you, but if you take a look at the new screenshots, you'd see they re-scaled the ships, and they aren't proportional to the units like in the early screenshots, their scale is more similar to the AoK ships. So the problem is solved.

And yes there is gonna be a zoom in/out feature.

The Last Knight
Grasshoppers are cheap, nutritious, tasety,Kosher and easy to dissect
Nishroch Order
Mortal
posted 14 December 2001 01:25 AM EDT (US)     4 / 16       
AHHHHHhhhh!!!
(Bangs head on wall)
Why WHYYY....?
(head cracks....spamming on the floor......)

Real
Mortal
posted 14 December 2001 05:05 AM EDT (US)     5 / 16       
Yeah, first I also was very dissapointed, but it's really better so!

I hope there'll be these huge ships for the scenario editor, so that at last the proportions in the scenarios are real!

And don't wory : the ships could even be more little, so be happy that they aren't!

Where's paradise?...............AoM is....In war there're only loosers!
Paradise is in your heart - ..gonna come! Love is the soul's blood!
open your heart and you'll be in paradise!..There's no uncertainty, there's only hope!
What's the difference between a raven?...What's yellow and hangs in a tree?
Nothing...its legs are both equal, all about the right one!...=> A blue couch!
Real may say he leaves...but be sure, he'll come back!
Seqenenre Tao
posted 14 December 2001 11:25 PM EDT (US)     6 / 16       
It was the same thing back in the alpha version of AOK.....

The ships were huge and the waters looked marvelous. When the game gets released the graphics didn't look as good.

~~~~~~~

They should resize the ships again, and make it 20% bigger than the new size.

~}Kataastaas, Kagalang-galang ng Katipunan ng mga Anak ng Bayan{~
(The High, Honorable Society of the Sons of the People)
Mabuhay ang Maharlika!

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/wellletsseehere.jpg
Nishroch Order
Mortal
posted 15 December 2001 00:41 AM EDT (US)     7 / 16       
*Cough*
YeS....*wheeze*....MaKe iT BIGGER!!....
*Faints*

Real
Mortal
posted 15 December 2001 07:20 AM EDT (US)     8 / 16       
I don't care that much about the size of the ships 'cause they gave good reasons why they'd made them more little, but I hope the water will stay like it is now!

Where's paradise?...............AoM is....In war there're only loosers!
Paradise is in your heart - ..gonna come! Love is the soul's blood!
open your heart and you'll be in paradise!..There's no uncertainty, there's only hope!
What's the difference between a raven?...What's yellow and hangs in a tree?
Nothing...its legs are both equal, all about the right one!...=> A blue couch!
Real may say he leaves...but be sure, he'll come back!
Dark Age warrior
Mortal
posted 15 December 2001 10:22 AM EDT (US)     9 / 16       
Man, I liked the ships when they were big!
Imperialarc
Mortal
posted 15 December 2001 10:45 AM EDT (US)     10 / 16       
ES puts good judgement to their decisions
And the water I think is staying. The water then looked liked it move in early AoK but I believe it was static in motion.
bismark27511
Mortal
posted 15 December 2001 02:40 PM EDT (US)     11 / 16       
hey at least its not like the first aoe. the chariots were twice as big as the houses lol....

wisest is thou who knoweth thou does not knoweth
-from Sophie's World right

If u arent one of those scenario playin, black forest loving, drop-tricking, red ping, econ booming, WALLING, 0 gamer, WONDER BUILDING, incompleters, come to rated and we can have an AOE game like it is supposed to be played...
Nishroch Order
Mortal
posted 16 December 2001 00:07 AM EDT (US)     12 / 16       
*gasp*:0
guess I'll need to change my sig...
Mayby not

1ArCHeR1
Mortal
posted 16 December 2001 01:30 AM EDT (US)     13 / 16       
Now I hate ES. I guess I never really noticed the ship size thingy. What's the big deal with ships? Who cares how big they are? The more realistic, the better.

About the zooming thing: It's a whole lot easier to use the scroll bar on your mouse, or ctrl up/down, than to change the res. I like zoom features. They let you micro a battle, and then in a few seconds, look at it as a whole to assess the situation. You can zoom in to check the visual upgrade thing ES has, and zoom out again with ease.

"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun, than you can with just a kind word." -The Coolest New Yorker (Robert DeNiro)
<A><R>
Last_Knight
Mortal
posted 16 December 2001 02:18 AM EDT (US)     14 / 16       
Big ships will suck. The oceans in AoM won't be as large as they are in real life, where it takes a huge aircraft-carrier days to cross the mediterranean.
So where the seas are smaller, big ships will look ridiculous. Just think about it: you and your enemy's bases are separated with water. Suddenly, a gigantic ship gets out of your enemy's dock, and blocks the entire river between the bases. Strange, huh?

On the other hand, just a tiny size adjustment like Seqenenre Tao offered wouldn't hurt...

The Last Knight
Grasshoppers are cheap, nutritious, tasety,Kosher and easy to dissect
Unholy MonK
Mortal
posted 16 December 2001 02:43 AM EDT (US)     15 / 16       

Quote:

Now I hate ES. I guess I never really noticed the ship size thingy. What's the big deal with ships? Who cares how big they are? The more realistic, the better.

Archer I don't think you are right, I don't think I speak for my self when I say players would prefer better gameplay rather then realism. And ES gets their games playtested first so obviously the playtesters found it easier to play with smaller ships.

sex is not the answer, sex is the question, yes is the answer
bismark27511
Mortal
posted 16 December 2001 08:18 AM EDT (US)     16 / 16       
heres a really good point

quote (last knight)/

Big ships will suck. The oceans in AoM won't be as large as they are in real life, where it takes a huge aircraft-carrier days to cross the mediterranean.
So where the seas are smaller, big ships will look ridiculous. Just think about it: you and your enemy's bases are separated with water. Suddenly, a gigantic ship gets out of your enemy's dock, and blocks the entire river between the bases. Strange, huh?

endquote/

never thought of that be4

If u arent one of those scenario playin, black forest loving, drop-tricking, red ping, econ booming, WALLING, 0 gamer, WONDER BUILDING, incompleters, come to rated and we can have an AOE game like it is supposed to be played...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames