You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, That AoM Guy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.56 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » I got bored and made a civ - the Mayans
Bottom
Topic Subject:I got bored and made a civ - the Mayans
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Glunn11
Mortal
posted 27 August 2006 07:26 PM EDT (US)         
OK Here is Version 2.5 of the Mayan civ. Leave any comments you have about this one from now on.

VILLAGERS: Workers. Workers, in terms of gathering speed, are slow. The special thing about Mayan Workers is that they make more of their own kind automatically once an Inn has been built. Workers have a 20% chance of reproduction every minute. The upgrade "Comfort", available at the Inn, increases this to 25%. In the Heroic Age, you can research "Fertility", which further increases this to 30%. Because of this, you are only allowed to build 60 Workers, but you can have up to 80.

DROPSITES: Workers drop their resources off at Storage Buildings.

FAVOR GATHERING: Favor is allotted via the Grand Priestess unit. The Grand Priestess is similar to the Egyptian Pharaoh in the fact that once it is killed it revives again. She can be used to either worship at the temple to collect favor, or be used as a powerful unit in combat. The Grand Priestess cannot gather favor until Power of the Priestess has been researched. Each time she dies (until the fifth death), her favor gathering rate slows, as well. NOTE: The Grand Priestess is NOT a hero unless Ah Puch is worshipped.

HEROES: Mayans can train as many Tribal Heroes as they desire once a Temple has been built.

HOUSES: Shacks. Shacks cost only 10 wood, but only hold 5 pop.

CLASSICAL MILITARY: The Mayans have four units that they may build in the Classical Age. Flint-Swordsmen, Bowmen, Lancemen, and a special unit called a Warrior. The Warrior is an adaptable unit, so you can change it into a Raider, a Bowman, or a Spearthrower for free. It starts life out as a Raider. However, Warriors do cost twice as much resources than the other three. All Classical Military can be trained at the Fighter Hut.

FLINT-SWORDSMAN: Mainline Infantry. Good against cavalry.
BOWMAN: Mainline Archer. Good against infantry.
LANCEMAN: Counter-Archer. Archer only good against other archers.

HEROIC MILITARY: The Mayans are only given one Crusher to be trained at the Machine Hut. This is originally made as close-up siege (Close Crusher), but can be changed into distance siege in the Mythic Age (Distance Crusher).

MYTHIC MILITARY: The Mayans are the only civ that is given another Militaristic building in the Mythic Age, called a Darting Range. This trains Dartsmen, which are powerful, yet slightly cheap mainline archers, which are great raiders.

TOWERS/WALLS: Towers can be upgraded up to Guard Tower. Walls can be upgraded through Stone and Marble. The Marble upgrade also increases the hack and crush defense of Temples and (Heroic Military Buildings).

SHIPS: Mayans can build ships like all civs.

THE GODS:

AH PUCH - God of Death
FOCUS: Heroes/Grand Priestess
Godpower- "Life Giver". Cast on a group of an enemy's units to secretly turn a few of them into Life Giver units. Only you and your allies' can see they have Life Giver icons above them. If attacked by these units, your units are actually healed instead of damaged.

*Myth unit regular resource cost cheaper
*Grand Priestess gains favor faster.
*Grand Priestess is given Hero status and can heal units.
*Upon Heroic Age, another Hero called a Heroic Archer is available. Heroic Archers, however, are quite expensive.
TECH: "Owl's Eyes": Flint-swordsmen are given more LOS and slightly more (+0.1) speed.

GODPATH:
Camazotz - Ixbalanque
Gucumatz - Hunahpu
Hobnil - Zac Cimi

CHAAC - God of Rain and Thunder
FOCUS: Economy
Godpower- "Thunder Magic". Cast anywhere to cause a large thunderstorm that enhances the abilities of your land-based myth units for 30 seconds.

*Workers can hold more resources
*Caravans faster and stronger
*Markets cheaper
TECH: "Leap of the Frog": All units are given a 10% chance to jump from hostile situations.

GODPATH:
Ixbalanque - Huracan
Gucumatz - Ixtab
Zac Cimi - Can Tzicnal

IXCHEL - Goddess of Earth and Moon
FOCUS: Defense
Godpower- Godpower- "Illness in the Woods". Cast on a group of trees to make them lose 75% of their wood.

*Bowmen and Lancemen have more defense
*Walls and Towers have more HP
*All buildings and walls given more hack defense
TECH: "Moonlight": The Moonlight of Ixchel gives Lancemen better sight, so they have better range.

GODPATH:
Camazotz - Huracan
Hunahpu - Ixtab
Can Tzicnal - Hobnil

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~CLASSICAL~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CAMAZOTZ (Bat god):
Focus- Vampires
GP: "Bat's Flight"- Creates a swarm of bats that will randomly fly around the large circle for 15 seconds and disease units. Diseased units die within 15 seconds of being bitten.
MU: "Vampire"- An undead man that bites its enemies.
Techs-
Transformation: Upgrades Vampires to Counts, with the special attack of turning into a bat and attacking from above temporarily.
Victim Blood: Makes Vampires temporarily gain hack damage according to blood drawn.

IXBALANQUE (The "sidekick" Mayan hero twin):
Focus- Tribal Heroes
GP: "Rescue"- Cast on a group of Heroes to give them revival abilities (like Automatons) for 1 minute.
MU: "Athlete"- A speedy mortal unit enhanced with the abilities of the Underworld.
Techs-
Prayer: Increases the speed and LOS of Tribal Heroes.
Virtue: Increases the hack armor and attack of Tribal Heroes.
Shacks of the Pious: Hurt units can be healed -- when Tribal Heroes are garrisoned in a Shack -- by standing by a Shack with one, after researching this.

HURACAN (Storm and Fire God):
Focus- Defenses
GP: "Mist and Fog"- Makes a large area appear as Fog of War to your enemies.
MU: Storm Spirit- A slow-moving unit that can douse units with holy water and instantly kill them as a special (very slow recharge).
Techs-
Burn of Huracan: Gives walls a "burn" ability that hurts units that try to attack it.
Storm of Huracan: Makes Storm Spirits recharge faster.
Winds of Huracan: Makes enemy villagers slightly slower (-0.2) in speed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~HEROIC~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
GUCUMATZ (Snake God):
Focus- Farming
GP: "High Education"- Cast on a group of Workers to turn them into Gucumatz Workers, making them stronger and allowing them to hold way more resources.
MU: Feathered Serpent- A slithering sea reptile that spews poisonous acid as its special, which deteriorates enemy unit HP.
Techs-
Vulture: The decaying bodies of enemy human units benefit crops as they are decaying.
Maize: Workers gather food from farms faster.

HUNAHPU (The "Main" Hero Twin):
Focus- Soldier Defense
GP: "Morning Star"- Cast anywhere on the map to make the Morning Star come from the skies, enhancing the abilities of allied archers for one minute.
MU: Mosquito- A flying bug that deals pierce damage when it stabs its enemies.
Techs-
Xibalba Revenge: Upgrades Mosquitos to Mannequin Revealers, with faster speed and more pierce defense.
Prayers of Ease: Soothes your soldiers and Tribal Heroes, giving them more hack defense.

IXTAB (Goddess of Suicide):
Focus- Siege
GP: "Self-Sacrifice"- Cast on any of your units to sacrifice them to the gods. The gods will reward you by allowing all units of that type to train 75% faster for thirty seconds.
MU: Mourner- A slow-moving ghast with a darkness special that gives nearby units temporary increased defense.
Techs-
Despair: Makes Crushers train faster.
Wood of Graveness: Gives Crushers, Shacks, and Storage Buildings more HP and makes them cheaper (makes Shacks and Storage Buildings free).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~MYTHIC~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
HOBNIL (God of the color Red)
Focus- Myth Units
GP: "Ruby"- Cast on a gold mine to give it empowered rubies, which make it only cater to your goldminers. Enemy goldminers will be instantly killed if they attempt to mine on this gold mine.
MU: Demon of Red- The fastest but weakest demon, with the special of excessive attack.
Techs-
Kan: Time now works in your favor of myth units, giving them more HP and hack defense.
True Redness: Upgrades Demons of Red to Hobnil Slaves, with more attack.

ZAC CIMI (God of the color Black)
Focus- Workers
GP: "Obsidian"- Cast anywhere to rouse the Obsidian Soldiers (myth units --- notice potential GP combo for Chaac TM+O would not be as OP as Isis A+E, due to its lategame arrival).
MU: Demon of Black- The most average demon, with the special of temporary excessive hack defense.
Techs-
Ix: Time now works in your favor of Workers, giving enemy raiding units a negative bonus against them.
Total Darkness: Upgrades Demons of Black to Zac Cimi Slaves, with more attack.

CAN TZICNAL (God of the color White)
Focus- Naval Combat
GP: "His Corner"- Cast on an enemy Town Center to totally barricade it from life, besieging it for 1 minute.
MU: Demon of White- The slowest but strongest demon, with the special of temporary excessive pierce defense.
MU: White Whale- An aquatic creature nearly invincible to hack attacks, and has 30 attack with some crush damage, but is very expensive and is very weak to pierce damage.
Techs-
Muluc: Time now works in your favor of dockmen, allowing ships to train faster.
Radiance: Upgrades Demons of White to Can Tzicnal Slaves, with more attack.

These ideas are Copyright 2006. Please refrain from copying or distributing ideas without my consent.

The Greek Freek
Breaking Benjamin Fanatic
The Best AOM Player in the world... not...

[This message has been edited by Glunn11 (edited 06-03-2007 @ 12:40 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Pdroo
Banned
posted 27 August 2006 07:48 PM EDT (US)     1 / 56       
Another guy that has a very busy life...

Yo, mayans cannot have horses because there were no horses in mexico before the arrival of spaniards... try to investigate a lil' more about mayan gods...

a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 27 August 2006 08:02 PM EDT (US)     2 / 56       
ignorant forumer award given to pdroo.

Was interesting to read. But some of those archaic gps are way to strong imo. The illness in the woods one espescially.

SSJVegetaTrunks
Mortal
posted 27 August 2006 08:54 PM EDT (US)     3 / 56       
Yeah, you should make a technology called "stolen horses" that allows you to make cavalry, but you aren't allowed to make cavalry until you research it.

Also, you will have to change some of those god powers, they are too powerful IMO.

PittBull260
Mortal
posted 27 August 2006 09:08 PM EDT (US)     4 / 56       
u should get out of your house more..
SSJVegetaTrunks
Mortal
posted 27 August 2006 09:12 PM EDT (US)     5 / 56       
He has time to make the civ, you have time to post on this site. You don't know what else he does, and even if you did, you have no right to judge. It's not like it took him 24 hours to do, and he could have just worked on it for like 5 minutes for a week.
HighbulpIII
Mortal
posted 27 August 2006 09:19 PM EDT (US)     6 / 56       
Yes will people (especially Pdroo) please stop criticizing others for putting a lot of time into projects? I think it is commendable.

*Highbulp the Third*-*Highbulp the Third*
MinoTheGREAT
Banned
posted 27 August 2006 09:38 PM EDT (US)     7 / 56       
yeah nice job......how long did it even take you to right that?
fox7574
Mortal
posted 27 August 2006 10:07 PM EDT (US)     8 / 56       
some very nice ideas, i enjoyed readin, same opinion with too strong god powers :P i like the on that causes Fog of War to your enemies.
anywayz gj and ignore the flamers, there jus sad ppl with no lives coz they need to get "out the house more" if they think flamin ppl like u is cool

NotN00b23
fox7574
Seven_Curd
Magnum Pi
Mortal
posted 27 August 2006 10:09 PM EDT (US)     9 / 56       
This is interesting. Some of that stuff sounded a little OP though, like "Illness in the Woods". Maybe you could make it so that the trees contain like 10 wood a peice, or make it so that the trees can be "gathered from" but do not provide wood. What civ does it replace btw?
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 27 August 2006 10:11 PM EDT (US)     10 / 56       
I think he wants to add it on
HighbulpIII
Mortal
posted 27 August 2006 10:45 PM EDT (US)     11 / 56       
Considering the possibilities, it seems like more people would write up their own civs. Can anyone link me to one?

Pdroo
Banned
posted 27 August 2006 11:10 PM EDT (US)     12 / 56       
Hey Im sorry if I sounded offensive. Yeah Im posting in the forum I am a busy person too
I didnt get the ignorant forumer awars though... (because mayans had no horses..really...)
Glunn11
Mortal
posted 27 August 2006 11:10 PM EDT (US)     13 / 56       
Well, first of all, it's Sunday. I made this in two days (Saturday night and Sunday afternoon) in the course of about 2 hours (I took breaks of course). There's nothing to do on Sundays. I'm still in school.

Anyways, thanks for all your input! I will ignore the flaming like I always do =p.

As for the flames about Horsemen, notice they are trained in Conquistador Huts. This refers to the fact that the Spanish have arrived by the Mythic Age.

Thanks again for your suggestions! Keep them flowing...

Firstly, I need to know what you guys consider OP.

The Greek Freek

[This message has been edited by Glunn11 (edited 08-27-2006 @ 11:39 PM).]

papaya
ಠ_ಠ
(id: X_MOSS)
posted 27 August 2006 11:28 PM EDT (US)     14 / 56       
You should check out this thread, good stuff there.

You have some good godpowers, but as mentioned above, the illwoods one is a little extreme.

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but youíre not in the slightest
its happening now and itís always been like this.

[This message has been edited by Papaya (edited 08-27-2006 @ 11:29 PM).]

SSJVegetaTrunks
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 00:53 AM EDT (US)     15 / 56       
Why are they talking about AoM2 on the AoE3 forum? If anything it should be here.
HighbulpIII
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 01:04 AM EDT (US)     16 / 56       
I dont really understand it. (the link)

Skythe
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 07:39 AM EDT (US)     17 / 56       
These are some really good ideas.

Only strife is with the Main archaic god powers (except life giver) being probably too good/ambiguous and the mythic god powers sucking badly (particularly the hunt one - that would make a good archaic).

S k y t h e
Glunn11
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 09:24 AM EDT (US)     18 / 56       
^ Point taken. Illness in the Woods can easily be replaced by something else, and I'll switch around the others...

CHAAC - God of Rain and Thunder
FOCUS: Economy
Godpower- "BOOM". Cast on any portion of land to cause a huge thunder boom that cracks the earth, causing an uncrossable gap.
Godpower- "Thunder Magic". Cast anywhere to cause a large thunderstorm that enhances the abilities of your land-based myth units for 30 seconds.

IXCHEL - Goddess of Earth and Moon
FOCUS: Defense
Godpower- "Illness in the Woods". Cast on a group of trees to turn them sickly. This will be unknown to your enemies. Any wood gathered from these trees is considered "negative" wood x5 (i.e. 15 wood gathered from one of these trees will make you lose 75 wood).
Godpower- "Illness in the Woods". Cast on a group of trees to make them lose 20% of their wood (let me know if this is still too powerful).

HOBNIL
Focus- Myth Units
GP: "Red Sun"- Turns the sun a temporary extreme red color, causing the blood of your land myth units to give them more attack for thirty seconds.
GP: "Ruby"- Cast on a gold mine to give it empowered rubies, which make it only cater to your goldminers. Enemy goldminers will be instantly killed if they attempt to mine on this gold mine.

ZAC CIMI
Focus- Workers
GP: "Black Sun"- Turns the sun a temporary extreme black color, causing the blood of huntables, herdables, and fish to prosper, giving out more food per second, for thirty seconds.
GP: "Obsidian"- Cast anywhere to rouse the Obsidian Soldiers (myth units --- notice potential GP combo for Chaac TM+O would not be as OP as Isis A+E, due to its lategame arrival).

CAN TZICNAL
Focus- Naval Combat
GP: "White Sun"- Turns the sun a temporary extreme white color, causing the blood of naval myth units, and the wood of ships, to have more attack for thirty seconds.
GP: "His Corner"- Cast on an enemy town center to immediately surround it with Can Tzicnal's power, besieging it for 30 seconds.

Thoughts?

The Greek Freek

[This message has been edited by Glunn11 (edited 08-28-2006 @ 05:49 PM).]

Chicken_Time
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 10:04 AM EDT (US)     19 / 56       
Well this seems an extremelly powerfull civ man congratulations. But i'd like to add some points on it ( just my opinio). Your civilization have great MU's. But the way you get protection could be a bit different. Mayans were a civ. wich used to practice humam sacrifics, so, it would be a way more realistic if you sacrifice villies at the temple in order to get protection. That wouln'd hurt your eco too much as your vills can reproduce. Besudes, it would turn Mayans a lillte less op. You could then create a tech that would increase the protection generated for each vill sacrified (doesnt that sound a bit violent???). And about the suicide god GP. It seems a bit op and you would need to have a very good eco to spawn a raider every sec. Like eggys mercenaries, when you see your gold dropped to 0! Instead, her gp could be like greately increasing the protection generated, or mayb sacrifice could demand time, then her gp would make it faster during a period of time. Just my opinion, but yet you made a great civ.!!

-----------------------------------------------------------
Each egg you use
A chick you loose

SAVE THE CHICKS!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------

Magnum Pi
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 10:28 AM EDT (US)     20 / 56       

Quote:

Well, first of all, it's Sunday. I made this in two days (Saturday night and Sunday afternoon) in the course of about 2 hours (I took breaks of course). There's nothing to do on Sundays. I'm still in school.

Did you make this whole civ already in two days? Because I find that a little hard to believe. It takes me roughly 4 hours (+/- 2 hours) to perfect adding one new unit. (Its anim, proto, techtree, etc. I don't see how you could be finished adding all these new units, buildings, god powers, etc. in two days (unless you're really good and I just don't know that yet .)

Quote:

I think he wants to add it on

I'm pretty sure that's not possible, I think it's hard-coded in the executable to have 12 major gods, and 4 civs. If not that would be great, but there would also be a lot of UI editing to to so that the mayan civ becomes selectable to play. That would be hard to do I think.

i r n00b
Banned
posted 28 August 2006 10:39 AM EDT (US)     21 / 56       

Quote:

AH PUCH - God of Death
FOCUS: Myth Units
Godpower- " Life Giver ".

Hamz.

Box_ov_Fox
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 03:40 PM EDT (US)     22 / 56       
Cool stuff Glunn. I always thought that it'd be interesting to add another civ, although I had imagined Aztecs instead of Mayans, simply because you'd be able to use Tenochtitlan as a main city.

Regardless, I like the idea. A few balance issues but they could be easily repaired (and you've done some good repairing yourself).

Faith
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 04:32 PM EDT (US)     23 / 56       
you invented an AOC civ?
godfatha43
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 04:39 PM EDT (US)     24 / 56       
if any of u flamers can make a better civ then him, go head and show me, cuz i highly doubt it gj man... the only thing is the names could get hard to remember for people learningi the civ
Glunn11
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 05:35 PM EDT (US)     25 / 56       
I did no scripting in regards to the question about the time it took me to make this. I just made the ideas that you see in Notepad. I don't script for AoM (*yet*). So yeah I just needed to calculate if something would be OP or UP, and if it were, fine-tune it.
Thanks for all your input!
Also, I need some cool names for Mayan ships (I need an adaptable ship as well)! You'll be credited for this information if I accept your ideas.

CHANGES:
To Ixchel..
GP: "Illness in the Woods". Cast on a group of trees to make them lose 20% 75% of their wood (let me know if this is still too powerful).

I think 20% was too weak. It's not enough to make the enemy WANT to find a new wood source. It's a "big-woop" kinda thing.

To Ixtab..
GP: "Self-Sacrifice"- Cast on any of your units to sacrifice them to the gods. The gods will reward you by allowing all units of that type to train instantly in 75% shorter time.
^(credit to Chicken_Time)

The Greek Freek

[This message has been edited by Glunn11 (edited 08-28-2006 @ 11:42 PM).]

Pdroo
Banned
posted 28 August 2006 07:02 PM EDT (US)     26 / 56       
Look, by the time spaniards arrived to mexico mayans had already dissapeared.. Yes, they never saw horses....

And what is the 'protection' that that guy is talking about?? I dont get it... is it favor?? because it would be great to sacrifice villies to get like 15 favor (20 with upgrade or w/e)

Im not flaming (for people who cry on harsh comments...)
but I think u could put more investigaton into the civ. I dunno read or something about the mayans..

And it is great if u could do it in 2 hours (with breaks..)

Glunn11
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 07:15 PM EDT (US)     27 / 56       
The only incorrect thing here is the horse thing... I'd be more than happy to fix that if someone can give me another infantry name that sounds "Mayan"...

The Greek Freek
Fluttershy
Mortal
(id: Freaky2)
posted 28 August 2006 07:57 PM EDT (US)     28 / 56       
Borrow a name from AoK Expansion they had Mayans and Aztecs one of the infantry units was the Eagle Warrior it had speed like a horse.

(_̅_̅(̲̲̲̲̲̅̅̅̅̅̅(̅_̅_̲̅marij̲u̲̅an̲̅a̲̅̅_̅_̅_̅()
(is not as helluva drug as pepe)
Pdroo
Banned
posted 28 August 2006 09:07 PM EDT (US)     29 / 56       
google 'mayan warriors' or 'mayan wars' or somethin'... dont just invent them (imo)
Glunn11
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 09:54 PM EDT (US)     30 / 56       
Quote from http://www.crystalinks.com/mayansociety.html:

Quote:

The Mayans were expert and determined warriors, using the bow and arrow, the dart with throwing-stick, the wooden sword edged with flints, the lance, sling, copper axe, shield of reeds, and protective armour of heavy quilted cotton.

They understood military tactics and signalling with drum and whistle, and knew how to build barricades and dig trenches. Noble prisoners were usually sacrificed to the gods, while those of ordinary rank became slaves.

Their object in war was rather to make prisoners than to kill.

So...
Raider Flint-swordsman
Bowman
Spearthrower Lanceman

Sadly, there is no record of Mayan siege weapons, so I have no choice there...

Conquistador's Hut/Horseman
Darting Range -- Dartsman (fast, archer raiding unit similar to Turma)

The Greek Freek
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames