You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.25 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Ahh OMGz its le ragnorok
Bottom
Topic Subject:Ahh OMGz its le ragnorok
thereckerdbraikr
Banned
posted 02 September 2006 01:38 AM EDT (US)         
so i was heroic as zeus fighting a heroic odin, i was pushing him back with petrobolos (sp?) and it looked like victory was mine as i was razing all his forward buildngs and was gettin to his base, then he suddenly hits mythic, and like 0.5 seconds later the horns blow and i lose my 4v2 tc in the next 5 seconds

i mean
what the hell...
i was about to win!!!
ahhhhhh, i meani coulndt fight it off

there was just too mcuh strnght in numbers, even with bronze brestplates, i massed hyps, but they just got beaten up by his TA/RC backup

wow.....just
wow

i cant think of another gp that can change the game the way that one did

AuthorReplies:
Mr_Kitty
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 02:33 AM EDT (US)     1 / 25       
What was the point of this?
deadly_5moke
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 03:56 AM EDT (US)     2 / 25       
that ragnarok pwns everything if u have more than thirty villies
Hadesdrew
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 04:09 AM EDT (US)     3 / 25       
......I had about 90(how ever many you can have) villes dwarf and villes and used rag and lost it depense on how doing on map armory ups and what unit opponet is making.you lost to 30 rag heros, sad.

God I was the worst back then but live and learn
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 04:36 AM EDT (US)     4 / 25       

Quoted from thereckerdbraikr:

i mean
what the hell...
i was about to win!!!

No, you were not. You were thinking that you were about to win, because he was probably using all his available pop space for villagers in preparation for ragnarok, making his army weak and giving you the feeling that you could beat him. I haven't seen the game, but it may all have been part of his plan, meaning that perhaps you never ever had an edge.

Quoted from Hadesdrew:

......I had about 90(how ever many you can have) villes dwarf and villes and used rag and lost it depense on how doing on map armory ups

Important are especially the armor upgrades for the ragnarocker, because heroes gain 15% from these while regular units only gain 10%. So both sides having iron is better for the ragnarocker than both sides having nothing. It also helps against your defensive building fire because buildings also only get 10% per weapon upgrade.

But as Greek, you can beat back a ragnarok when you have really gained an edge and prepare for it in time. If the advantage is yours and you fear that he might turn the tide using ragnarok, then get the guard tower upgrade! 70% more firepower for your towers, along with more hp, are an enormous increase. Then spam towers at important locations and aq hypaspists, and you should be able to repulse any ragnarok. Needless to say that you should have masons and architects and not being outteched in the armory. This also means that you should not go to mythic without armory ups, hoping that Hephaestus will remedy this for you. In most cases, you will not get there alive if you allow yourself to be outteched like that. Get at least copper without Hephaestus, even if that is more expensive.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
Sam_Ham
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 05:33 AM EDT (US)     5 / 25       
OMGz its le DeathAndPain

Sometimes you need to scare the lambs,
tell tales of evil bad wolves.
Because if there is nothing to fear,
they might think for themselves.
thereckerdbraikr
Banned
posted 02 September 2006 02:27 PM EDT (US)     6 / 25       
lol thnx, i dunno if he was planning ahead or not, but whatever. Ill just be sure to get like 10 villies next time to spam buildngs and towers

ok later guys

AlexanderIsGreat
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 05:45 PM EDT (US)     7 / 25       
How should a Attie counter Rag.... Palace Spam or Tower spam?
D0nt_I3link
Banned
posted 02 September 2006 05:51 PM EDT (US)     8 / 25       
Fanatic and Arucus spam Along with mirror towers = Pwnage
SSJVegetaTrunks
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 06:37 PM EDT (US)     9 / 25       
Woah, DeathAndPain is back! What have you been doing D&P?
Kang_the_Mad
Mortal
posted 03 September 2006 00:49 AM EDT (US)     10 / 25       
Is it so strange for someone to not post on an internet site? Its quite possible he has a life ya know
TTK_GeneralNoob
Mortal
posted 03 September 2006 02:58 AM EDT (US)     11 / 25       
Perhaps he finds it safe to return to the forums, because i_r_n00b got banned. .
ricownage
Mortal
posted 03 September 2006 10:57 AM EDT (US)     12 / 25       
how did i_r_noob get banned?
John2194
Mortal
posted 03 September 2006 11:29 AM EDT (US)     13 / 25       
Heres one way to try and stall it so you can build more Military stuff and upgrades...--- If you know the other guy can get Ragnorak then don't use your ceasefire until he uses Ragnorak, then you can try buildings up an army and upgrade your armory like DaP said...And if he's smart then he might not use Ragnorak so early if he knows you have ceasefire, unless of course he was desperate and you were killing him badly.
Pdroo
Banned
posted 03 September 2006 02:53 PM EDT (US)     14 / 25       
I tought he was death... ll
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 04 September 2006 07:25 AM EDT (US)     15 / 25       

Quoted from SSJVegetaTrunks:

Woah, DeathAndPain is back! What have you been doing D&P?

Holidays - and some very joyless private things to settle. But I have been actively playing AoM all the time (although with lesser success than usual).

Quoted from TTK_GeneralNoob:

Perhaps he finds it safe to return to the forums, because i_r_n00b got banned.

Yeah, that's why I played with i r n00b a lot of the time.

Quoted from ricownage:

how did i_r_noob get banned?

Continuous spamming.

Quoted from John2194:

Heres one way to try and stall it so you can build more Military stuff and upgrades...--- If you know the other guy can get Ragnorak then don't use your ceasefire until he uses Ragnorak

You want to conserve one of the most useful classical age god powers until mythic age just in case the game happens to last until then? Not advisable. I would always use ceasefire when I have a good use for it. Such as claiming a free settlement with the enemy army standing right besides. Of course, if the Norse goes Bragi/Baldr, then it does make sense to conserve Ceasefire for use against his Laming Weapons. But this is a different thing because with Ceasefire, you can totally disable his heroic age god power, not just stall it a little, and the game is much more likely to hit heroic than mythic age.

Quoted from John2194:

then you can try buildings up an army and upgrade your armory

But you are aware that besides TCs, you cannot build any buildings that can shoot during the duration of ceasefire? Ceasefire does not counter ragnarok, because rag is not limited in time. You cause him another minute of not gathering food (on land maps) and wood, that's all. (He still has gold income from trading.) And he can march his ragnarockers through your defensive installations unscathed so that they stand in position around your TCs when the ceasefire ends and destroy those in no time.

And the single armory up or whatever you can research in your armory during ceasefire will not really make a difference that is great enough to waste such a valuable god power like that. Normally, you will have had a good opportunity to use ceasefire before mythic age in every game, and you should do it.

Quoted from John2194:

And if he's smart then he might not use Ragnorak so early if he knows you have ceasefire, unless of course he was desperate and you were killing him badly.

I would just use it anyway, wait through that additional minute while microing my rag heroes to optimal positions and kill you afterwards.

a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 04 September 2006 07:51 AM EDT (US)     16 / 25       
Sometimes in games you just don't have a need to use Ceasefire. But Lightning Storm is the much better choice.
John2194
Mortal
posted 04 September 2006 08:29 AM EDT (US)     17 / 25       
Yeah that's true...And you can only have lightning storm if you're zeus btw...And its *flaming weapons* not laming weapons lol
harr
Mortal
posted 04 September 2006 09:55 AM EDT (US)     18 / 25       
It's "laming weapons" because it's lame.
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 04 September 2006 09:59 AM EDT (US)     19 / 25       

Quoted from a_game_a_win:

Sometimes in games you just don't have a need to use Ceasefire.

That would mean that all through the game, the enemy never ever surprises you with a heavy raid or surprise assault. Against such a passive opponent, winning should be np even if you never ever use cease for anything.

a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 04 September 2006 11:08 AM EDT (US)     20 / 25       
So you expect,every single game, CF would be used? It's not impossible to beat someone without CF
havoc 55
Mortal
posted 04 September 2006 12:41 PM EDT (US)     21 / 25       
Sure it is very possible, but odds are it was an easy win, in a game which you controled since the start.

DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 05 September 2006 09:16 AM EDT (US)     22 / 25       
And while nobody forces you to do it, not using it sure is a mistake. Sometimes you will be able to compensate for that mistake, sometimes you will not. But do not tell me that there was no opportunity for a good ceasefire use all the way into mythic age.

a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 06 September 2006 07:08 PM EDT (US)     23 / 25       
no, there sometimes isnt-unless if I force it (I take 5-6 villigers to his back TC and start building on it, use cease to ensure its built) And I have done this against people around my skill level. just they got outplayed
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 07 September 2006 02:56 AM EDT (US)     24 / 25       
Again, if until mythic age you never ever get attacked in a way that you dislike (like raiders showing up at your vills or enemy main forces attacking a vital spot of yours where you do not have equivalent forces to defend with), then your enemy is weak in the first place, and you should be able to defeat him without needing any ceasefire at all.

a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 07 September 2006 07:43 PM EDT (US)     25 / 25       
stubborn
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames