You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, That AoM Guy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Hilarious if not effective strat
Bottom
Topic Subject:Hilarious if not effective strat
HighbulpIII
Mortal
posted 04 September 2006 12:04 PM EDT (US)         
So all the talk about zeus in the zeus fast mythic topic got me thinkng. Someone mentioned underworld passage and ceasfire in the same sentence and it gave me an idea. Start before casting any gp by walling off your town. So you fly a pegasus over to an opponent's town. Cast Underworld psge and then ceasfire in the middle of his town. You and your ally both begin puring your army and villies into his town via the underworld passage. Villies put up TONS of barracks/military buildings and wall them off. When ceasefire ends you slaughter him because your army is right there+military building constantly replenish army. If villies left alone in battle, move away from battle towards the outskirts of enemy town and put up towers+fortresses.

Ta Daaa!
Comments please.

*Highbulp the Third*-*Highbulp the Third*
AuthorReplies:
havoc 55
Mortal
posted 04 September 2006 12:45 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
I think it is a bad idea. Since you use CF right after underworld, his army will be right there, along with his towers and TC. So as long as you dont have him greatly out-poped, you wont be slaughtering anyone.

I think you would be better off just sending some siege through without CF. Try putting it in the back corner so you can throw up a few palaces or towers and continuously send siege through.

Tomboulbouk
Mortal
posted 04 September 2006 02:28 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
not enough resource , so u'll get doomed.
John2194
Mortal
posted 04 September 2006 06:13 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
But it is Hilarious...With the enemy suddenly seeing a big army and villies appear from out of nowhere but its not effective not enugh resources...
MR2 Pilot
Mortal
posted 04 September 2006 08:16 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
I'm not suggesting this as a Zeus strat, but I found out just how OP Zeus can be.

I was Oranos in a clan game, 8 player FFA. While most doubled and took out the really strong players, I boomed up, got a Titan and Wonder. I protected the Wonder with the Titan and as many Hero Fanatics / Destroyers as I could make, along with wall sections, Mirror Towers, etc.

One of the other players boomed up as well, as Zeus. Instead of a Titan, he made a huge hoard of Colossi and Myrm, and attacked my Wonder.

With everything I had defending, I could not stop the hoard of Colossi. In a few minutes my Wonder and Titan were dust. Is Zeus OP late game - you bet!

FAILURE is not an option, it comes bundled with the software.
The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work ?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work ?"
The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost ?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that ?"
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 04 September 2006 08:29 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
Serves you attys right :P
Silent_Assassin7
Mortal
posted 04 September 2006 08:50 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
Using that Underworld/Ceasefire Combo will make your rating go down faster than a dress on prom night.
IAmRazyCay
Mortal
posted 04 September 2006 11:06 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
Prom dresses come off... they dont go down.

But i get your point

Maybe you could do this if your playing a noob or something, probably not good for a super competitive game

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames