You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Odin's Hersir and auto queue questions
Bottom
Topic Subject:Odin's Hersir and auto queue questions
rpcman
Mortal
posted 06 September 2006 07:01 PM EDT (US)         
Is Odin's Hersir cost effective vs. anything other than MUs? It seems like you don't need more than a Hersir or two around (and even then only in case an MU should appear) when you are Odin unless you are facing MUs. Am I wrong?

Another subject...
How many of you use auto queue? If you use it, do you use it for the TC only or for military units as well?

AuthorReplies:
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 06 September 2006 07:13 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       

Quoted from rpcman:

How many of you use auto queue? If you use it, do you use it for the TC only or for military units as well?

I sometimes don't use it when I play. It gives you waaaay more control of your eco.
Pdroo
Banned
posted 06 September 2006 07:37 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
I dont think u should have more than 2 or 3 hersirs unless ur loki..(or ur opponent uses loots of MUs)
Hadesdrew
Mortal
posted 06 September 2006 08:14 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
I use auto on everything economy bad tho I only 1600+ hersir are the worst hero in gamenoly if you loki( make jarl instade)

God I was the worst back then but live and learn
John2194
Mortal
posted 06 September 2006 08:21 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
Yeah Jarl are good with myths are they good with archers too=) Hersirs have low armor and attack unless upgraded etc. I sometimes Auto-Queue Villagers and sometimes/rarely I queue up some military if I have lots of resources. Besides I usually auto-queue the msot in scenarios(obviously with the unlimited resources and battle and all that).
HighbulpIII
Mortal
posted 06 September 2006 08:47 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
I always autoque villies and if I'm spamming or building a large force I alwqays autoque military. I never have a problem with loss of eco control as you caan never really have too many villagers :P . Anyway it just takes discipline to remember to turn it off when you need to, but once you can do that it saves loads of time.

On a side note, one of those perks of playing AoM is that moment of satisfaction you get from a autoqued army you didnt realize you had. For example:

"@#$%&*! I just lost the stupid battle because he killed all my chariot archers before they could take out the all-hoplite army. Wait?! I have an army of chariot archers that have been autoqueing during the battle? Wahoo!"
*Makes mincemeat of hoplite army*

*Highbulp the Third*-*Highbulp the Third*
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 06 September 2006 09:29 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8       

Quoted from HighbulpIII:

loss of eco control as you caan never really have too many villagers :P

Thats not what I mean. In Vanilla, heroic times are much sooner than TT because people have more eco in classical than army. This is due to Military not being constantly produced

DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 07 September 2006 02:34 AM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
Other version: In vanilla, people age up faster because it is their only chance to get hold of new TCs. In TT, expanding is a valid alternative to advancing to heroic age quickly.

And I would not call it "waaay more control of your eco" if you stockpile resources because you fail to prevent your longhouses from becoming idle.

Quoted from John2194:

Yeah Jarl are good with myths are they good with archers too=)

No, they are not good against archers. Having decent pierce armor is not enough to make a unit good against archers.

Quoted from John2194:

I sometimes... Besides I usually ...

Telling what you do is completely useless if you fail to give a reason why you do it.

Quoted from HighBulpIII:

On a side note, one of those perks of playing AoM is that moment of satisfaction you get from a autoqued army you didnt realize you had.

To the contrary, to me these are the moments of greatest frustration, because if you had not forgotten those units, you would not have lost so many other units (due to inferior army), and the enemy would not have taken so much ground from you. So when this happens to me (I admit it does sometimes), I usually curse and send them into action asap, but I am nowhere near being glad about having them because their existence means that I messed up badly in the first place.

Quoted from rpcman:

Is Odin's Hersir cost effective vs. anything other than MUs?

Yes. They are superior to Poseidon's crappy hetairoi.

Really, even with Forseti (whom Odin does not even get) hersirs are not pop/cost-effective against any non-myth units. That's why you better replace them with jarls once you get the chance. And for Odin, jarls are an especially good alternative.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
fox7574
Mortal
posted 07 September 2006 02:51 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
worst hero in the game????? u ever thought that u can spam these more than heros that are better then them??? their hp for classic????? they pwn, but still only need a couple unless loki tbh or myth spammer, and then heroic jarls for the myth

NotN00b23
fox7574
Seven_Curd
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames