You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Set: FH or FM
Bottom
Topic Subject:Set: FH or FM
Titans_n00b
Mortal
posted 07 September 2006 07:51 AM EDT (US)         
I started playing Set out of curiosity, and I find him to my liking. I know Shifting sands + seige + ancestors is a good combo, but what should I go for Mythic, Horus or Thoth? And depending on the god, should I add in tornado/meteor in with it?

Also wondering if I should FH only or pull a FM.
Is a hunt starve with Set a good idea? Get some priests, convert most of the animals around enemy's base..
And what about a slinger flood? Set's slingers are on steroids, so should I consider that?

n00bing ftw.
AuthorReplies:
Arrilion
Mortal
posted 07 September 2006 08:02 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
I aggre with you titan set is a good good but i still think isis or zeus to be the best but you cant beat the fact that the god powers with set are better than isis and zeus oh and i would go for Thoth over horus all the time

Mostly Playing Halo killing Grunts But now tired of them running away so killing heros, mith units and gods insted now.
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 07 September 2006 08:45 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7       

Quoted from Titans_n00b:

I know Shifting sands + seige + ancestors is a good combo

It is but one variant. Shifting Sands has lots of good uses. You can teleport enemy villagers into your base to kill them. You can teleport unpleasant enemy units away if you are surprised somewhere. On Alfheim, you can teleport enemy troops onto hilltops with no way down so the enemy has to delete them while you overrun his undefended base. On Oasis, you can vision the enemy home base and then teleport all his sheep to your own base so that he runs out of food and loses.

And ancestors can be added to any important battle that you desire to win.

Quoted from Arrilion:

And depending on the god, should I add in tornado/meteor in with it?

If you happen to have it ready, and the hostile opposition is strong enough to justify it, why not? But you should not delay the use of your classical and heroic god powers until mythic age just because you want to add tornado or meteor. That is not worth it. You risk losing the game before you even reach mythic age and taking all your GPs into the grave with you.

Quoted from Titans_n00b:

Also wondering if I should FH only or pull a FM.

Set is the least suitable god for a FM (although I guess that any Eggy can pull it off under the right circumstances). But what you should really consider is a FC (fast classical). Set is the Eggy god that can fight best in classical age. You should not postpone your heroic forever, but there is no need to skip classical altogether like Ra and especially Isis usually do.

Quoted from Titans_n00b:

Is a hunt starve with Set a good idea? Get some priests, convert most of the animals around enemy's base..

Yes, but more important than the starving is the free army that you get this way. Set animals are stronger than you should think. Use them early, as they will lose in importance as the game progresses. Combine them with priests in early attacks.

Quoted from Titans_n00b:

And what about a slinger flood? Set's slingers are on steroids, so should I consider that?

Set slingers are good, but mono-type armies are usually bad. Do not hesitate to make lots of slingers if you want to fight in classical age, but equip them with a suitable meat shield (spears or axes, depending on opponent). If you go FH, then forget the slinger spam as chariots are better and also benefit from Set. In case of FH, make only what slingers you need to counter his archers.

Quoted from Arrilion:

but you cant beat the fact that the god powers with set are better than isis

I consider that a rumor. Isis' anc+ecl > all what Set has.

Quoted from Arrilion:

oh and i would go for Thoth over horus all the time

...unless you are up against an opponent that heavily uses cavalry, such as Poseidon or perhaps a jarl Odin. Eggy has a hard time countering cavalry, but Horus solves this problem and equips you with an awesome set of infantry units. Oh, and do not say that you can use camels to counter cavalry. Unless you are Ra, your camels stink and will not do the job properly.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
John2194
Mortal
posted 07 September 2006 07:17 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
Wow jeez where do you get all this...I would think you were a super-computer designed to answer AOM questions...And anyways Ive someone use shifting sands to get near a TC near my base...They had like 15 vils and a pharoah plus some animals and preist so while Pharoah empwers preist make obelisk around me then animals go around distracting my vils...Then he gets Town Cneter up and starts pumping vils and making barracks(and there was unfortunately for me, lots of resources aroudn for him to gather...So then he contiually attacks me while he advances and gets ancestors to finish it all off..
Wadinator
Mortal
posted 07 September 2006 07:25 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       

Quote:

I would think you were a super-computer designed to answer AOM questions

That would be Paperfriend, unfortunately...

My Scenario: Battle Pit
There once were four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody. There was an important job to do and Everybody was asked to do it. Everybody was sure Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought that Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody would not do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.
Titans_n00b
Mortal
posted 08 September 2006 07:24 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
DaP strikes!

n00bing ftw.
ilikepopcorn
Mortal
posted 08 September 2006 09:46 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
with the slingers i would only use them if my opponent is sending alot of archers at me. as for fighting in classical it doesnt really seem like a good idea unless your playing against atty and sometimes norse, but other than that they get beat bad vs greek and eggy. also whoever said that set god powers> isis god powers must have been drunk when they told you that, isis has the same god powers as set but better because they can be used as a combo.
Titans_n00b
Mortal
posted 08 September 2006 10:38 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
^^^
One isn't worse than the other, they're just different to play.
In late game you can decide to upgrade you cheap rax units (which don't take much pop room, by the way) or specialize in the better, more costly Migdol units. Both GPs are good, except we all know meteor is WAAAAAAAY better.
All in all, I think Set could put up a good match vs. Isis, even with A+E lame, if not beating her completely. Set is the most versitale of all eggies, IMO.

Does anyone have any good BOs for a Set FH or quick advance?

n00bing ftw.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames