You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » A "No attack" Stance Trigger
Bottom
Topic Subject:A "No attack" Stance Trigger
teutonicknight
Mortal
posted 15 December 2001 05:40 PM EDT (US)         
While creating my new SCN, I thought it would be very useful for ES to put in a "No-attack" trigger for AOM. For an example:

I want to create a section of my campaign where my hero comes up to an enemy castle, talks, then the castle decides to attack the hero. Well, the only way to do this in AOK is to change diplomacy; Which can cause problems. So an easier way would be to set the enemies castle to "no attack", then switch back when you want the castle to attack

This would be useful for units too. For an example:

Two armys are facing each other and you want the groups to stay still until the officer says "Charge!". Well, you could use the diplomacy trick I explained earlier, or you could use a "No-attack" stance trigger.

So... what do you guys think: A good idea?

Copyright 2000-2002 teutonicknight LLC. All Rights Reserved.
AuthorReplies:
bismark27511
Mortal
posted 15 December 2001 05:48 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
very good idea. im with ya

If u arent one of those scenario playin, black forest loving, drop-tricking, red ping, econ booming, WALLING, 0 gamer, WONDER BUILDING, incompleters, come to rated and we can have an AOE game like it is supposed to be played...
Ace Cataphract
HG Alumnus
(id: Ace_Cataphract)
posted 15 December 2001 09:34 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
O, exelent philosopher I totally agree dude.

I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed. ~George Carlin
Thunder
VIP BonusXP
posted 16 December 2001 05:04 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
There is a work around though that is widely used, and that's just changing the owner ship of the units/buildings in question. You can give them from a player which is neutral or allied, to a player which is an enemy. It works quite well.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames