You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » What might happen?!?!?
Bottom
Topic Subject:What might happen?!?!?
bismark27511
Mortal
posted 15 December 2001 06:42 PM EDT (US)         
i think this is a good discussion and i dont kno what threads have discussed this be4, but think about everything that could happen with air units... i will list some of my idea and plz tell me your thoughts on this... and hey es, give me some clues

1. first thing, how will the units attack? take pegasus (raven wont be a fighting factor) (wait is pegasus a fighter). does he just soar around the battle field, attacking troops at random? or does he lower himself when attacking, to give enemy force a chance?
2. how high can he fly, and can u determine this? can u just sit him up high away from battle where he cant get hit? can he fly over trees? can he fly over walls? or does he just hover, susceptible to all attacks? can i fly over buildings, can u change how high he goes? can u get him to land?
3. think about all the new strats and everything that would happen if pegasus can not just hover, but can fly high... walls will be useless to aeriel assault... and trees, the bf walling wont work at all... rushing would be completely different, and so would defense...
4. when in the air, what can hit him? archers perhaps? this would make defense way different... towers, and fortresses are a necesity. spaeking of which, are archer sthe only way to kill flying units? this would bring out archers in dm more...
5. u kno those rooks who sent their final scout calvary all over the map when u razed their base? multiply that times ten and thats what u got if u have flying scouts! scouts that can go over trees, head into the corne of a wooded corner, where no other unit can access! they can outrun your men, and they can go over water, forcing u to build navy... this is a rookie dream unit
6. just thinking aloud, if es doesnt want these complexities they will have to make the "flying" units hover. in that case, flying is just hype, and the units are just normal... in that case, i think a good game variation would be lost. flying is something stone giant, that will make aom go somewhere...

If u arent one of those scenario playin, black forest loving, drop-tricking, red ping, econ booming, WALLING, 0 gamer, WONDER BUILDING, incompleters, come to rated and we can have an AOE game like it is supposed to be played...
AuthorReplies:
bismark27511
Mortal
posted 15 December 2001 06:48 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
whoops, forgot something i think would be sweet...

7. remember in the first aoe, the hawks you could click on but couldnt kill, even tho they had 1 hp. well what if there were hawks that could kill your raven scout.... then that ingenious scout running would not be so much an option... i can see it now, the lone raven fleeing from the fleet of viscious hawks... run run away...

If u arent one of those scenario playin, black forest loving, drop-tricking, red ping, econ booming, WALLING, 0 gamer, WONDER BUILDING, incompleters, come to rated and we can have an AOE game like it is supposed to be played...
Ace Cataphract
HG Alumnus
(id: Ace_Cataphract)
posted 15 December 2001 09:57 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
Mabye make flying units able only to attack other flying units and impossible to be attacked by or attack land units and be somewhat of a cheap MU so that the rookies that try that(myself before my conversion from idiot)could just be found and slaughtered in a bloodly mess like the cowardly fools they are.*Starts shivering* MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH...*Cough* *cough* *cough* *Hack* *Spit* I'm fine don't worry.

I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed. ~George Carlin
bismark27511
Mortal
posted 15 December 2001 10:11 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
argh they gotta prevent that tho. i h8 it when newbs do that, and it takes forever to find that little crevice they are in! ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SoR_Anarchy
Mortal
posted 15 December 2001 11:42 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
I think will not be able to attack. However, it could be attack by an archer or other ranged unit. Purely used for scouting.

God Bless America.

I am the state.

Imperial Wizard
Mortal
posted 15 December 2001 11:56 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
If your only remaining unit(s) aren't human, IMO you ought to be defeated... having your sheep in AoK survive doesn't grant you survival, so why should a horse, though a very exceptional one?

Not all old men in ragged coats are bad old men; some are bone-and-bottle men, and have little dogs of their own, some are gardeners, and a few, a very few, are wizards prowling around on a holiday looking for something to do.
bismark27511
Mortal
posted 16 December 2001 08:06 AM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
well if your scout lives in aok, and its conquest, then the opponent survives...

Osiris the great
Mortal
posted 16 December 2001 09:24 AM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
I think it's the flying units are scouts or something.Cause make them units who attack is a bit difficult.

I am the chosen one.

Real
Mortal
posted 16 December 2001 09:56 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
I think they won't be able to attack.

Maybe it's not necessary to kill the flying units to win...

Where's paradise?...............AoM is....In war there're only loosers!
Paradise is in your heart - ..gonna come! Love is the soul's blood!
open your heart and you'll be in paradise!..There's no uncertainty, there's only hope!
What's the difference between a raven?...What's yellow and hangs in a tree?
Nothing...its legs are both equal, all about the right one!...=> A blue couch!
Real may say he leaves...but be sure, he'll come back!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames