You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Friends List Problem
Bottom
Topic Subject:Friends List Problem
Superusername
Mortal
posted 12 June 2007 11:36 PM EDT (US)         
Whenever I add someone to my friends list on AomTT it shows up on my friends list until I exit when I come back on all the friends I added on my friends list are gone, so if I ever want to talk to anybody I have to add them and then talk to them everytime I log in, meaning I have to add my whole friends list everyday does anyone know how to fixit?
The levels on the campaign are also like that whenever I exit it goes back to the prologe thing this didnt happen on the regular AoM so why is it happening on this 1?
AuthorReplies:
Paperfriend
Mortal
posted 13 June 2007 01:38 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Both are sorted in the profile files at My Documents\My Games\Age of Mythology\Users. So are you sure those files work properly?

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 13 June 2007 01:56 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Interesting info that this information is stored there. The solution to the above problem is with 99% probability one of the following:

• The files are set to "write-protected".
  • You do not have the necessary permissions to write to those files or the related directories.

However, fixing this will require a basic understanding of file attributes and how to handle them as well as a basic knowledge concerning Windows access rights and how to modify them. It will especially require the ability to use the Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, few users are capable of this.

But now that I got this info, I also have a question: Is it possible to extend your friends (or pest) list beyond the allowed maximum by manually editing these files?

Darkness is a state of mind
    Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
    Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
  • Paperfriend
    Mortal
    posted 13 June 2007 10:28 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
    I made a downloadable friendslist for the designers list (see sticky thread by Titan602. It has like 50 names, and you can even add names that don't exist or yourself

I don't know the limit, so I can't tell you if you can go past that or not.

No matter what you say
    Superusername
    Mortal
    posted 13 June 2007 12:28 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
    I couldn't find the sticky could you write down the link or something?
    Paperfriend
    Mortal
    posted 13 June 2007 12:32 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
    That was for DaP

No matter what you say
    Superusername
    Mortal
    posted 27 July 2007 06:22 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
    So there's no way to fixit??

[This message has been edited by Superusername (edited 07-27-2007 @ 06:23 PM).]

igotskillz
    Mortal
    posted 27 July 2007 08:24 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
    i think the limit is like 100-150, because after that if you add people they will show up as offline even if they r online, or the oldest friend will be deleted in the new one's spot.

sometimes your friends list gets deleted if you have too many over the max limit (if the "showing up offline" thing happens a lot)

"If I was in somebodies sig I would kill a kitty....... A lol kitty....." -Keron Cyst
    Hades Mythodea By igotskillz
    DOWNLOAD MY AWESOME TAUNTZ!
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames