You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.19 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » What's the deal with AoM 2?
Bottom
Topic Subject:What's the deal with AoM 2?
narmerguy
Mortal
posted 15 July 2007 01:59 AM EDT (US)         
Quite frankly I'm getting sick of the ambiguity. Is there going to be another one or isn't there? I've heard numerous unverified comments saying eso stated they wouldn't make another one. I just want to see it. People make stuff up a lot.

I want a statement from ESO on what's the deal.
AuthorReplies:
yoma
Banned
posted 15 July 2007 02:54 AM EDT (US)     1 / 19       
i dont think they will make an aom2
Cheddar Chap
Mortal
(id: The Cheese Man)
posted 15 July 2007 03:01 AM EDT (US)     2 / 19       
They will, what makes you think they won't? It was successful, they are just working on other things at the moment.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
I too always thought "blog" would sound less silly as the years went by.
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman
Out Reach
Mortal
(id: newreach268)
posted 15 July 2007 03:06 AM EDT (US)     3 / 19       
And there never going to give you one. As its never going to happen. Ignore the people with hope, who just want a new version because they think its that easy.

But its not. There are so many reasons why there isn't going to be an AOM2. including - Lack of time scale change leading to repetition, ES's favorite project and Microsoft having better things for ES to do.

time scale change - due to the "mythology" bit AOM2 would have to be set in the same time period. This leads to AOM2 being almost a re-make with the same civs. there will also be repertition with god powers, as they will include things like lightning storm again.
ES has also stated AOM was its favorite project, as it was given free reigns to make what it wanted. Would it dare make a remake if there is a chance it does not stand up to the first?
Finally Microsoft now sets the ES game production, clearly shown by "Halo Wars". I doubt the people at microsoft want to release a product with little differentiation. it only leads to poor sales.

And if it did happen, it would be so far in the future* , i doubt the majority of people on this forum will still be around.

Stop dwelling in the future and get on with playing AOM

*(6 years is the earliest, but even then it has equal chance to be any one of many other projects, so will easily be latter than that.)

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature

[This message has been edited by Out Reach (edited 07-15-2007 @ 03:14 AM).]

Shanks13
Rogue Agent
posted 15 July 2007 03:08 AM EDT (US)     4 / 19       
Reach is the one that set out that nice timeline earlier, right? Basically, add several years to your life, at least six, and probably ten for good measure. Figure out what you will be doing. At that time I will be either 21 or 25, possibly 22 or 26. The earlier figures would put me in college, and the latter could still have me in college (medicine), or starting out on the long road of work, etc. Neither will put me in a very good place to be waiting for ES to make AoM2.

Beany
Mortal
(id: Bean 1)
posted 15 July 2007 10:26 AM EDT (US)     5 / 19       
Quite frankly I'm getting sick of the ambiguity.
Ambiguity? ES has never hinted about AoM2 in certain terms. But I'd like it.
Cheddar Chap
Mortal
posted 15 July 2007 10:52 AM EDT (US)     6 / 19       
I'll be in my thirties, in ten years

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
Mozzarella Man Cheddar Chap, Brie Bloke, Gorgonzola Guy, Feta Fellow, Wensleydale Warrior, Edam Emperor, Parmesan Priest,
Munster Mate, Asiago Associate, Provolone Player, Havarti Hunk, Romano Rabbi, Swiss Soldier, Limburger Lass, Gouda Gentleman

[This message has been edited by Mozzarella Man (edited 07-15-2007 @ 10:52 AM).]

narmerguy
Mortal
posted 15 July 2007 05:41 PM EDT (US)     7 / 19       
Man if this thing takes forever to redo, half the people that would be driving the sales would be on to other things. I know in 6 years I'll have no time for aom 2-3 Is as far as I can go, ah well.

I still want them to say something. Just make it clear.
Lazor
Mortal
posted 16 July 2007 05:19 AM EDT (US)     8 / 19       
Personally i believe that he will see an AoM 2 in the next 5 years. There are many civ that can be added like the Indian, the Chinese etc
Out Reach
Mortal
posted 16 July 2007 06:32 AM EDT (US)     9 / 19       
ES guesstermated timetable based on all previous games.

This Year - AOE3:New Extension pack
Next Year - Final Patching of AOE3, and HALO wars.
3rd Year - HALO wars patching
4th Year - HALO wars Extension
5th Year - Halo wars Extension patching.
6th Year - New Project/2nd HALO wars Extension, a possibility after AOE3...

Now the New project. This can just as and in my opinion more lickly to be AOE4 or a new project Microsoft sets them. Stop spreading your pointless messages of hope if you don't have anything to back it up.

Out Reach
Cheddar Chap
Mortal
posted 16 July 2007 06:51 AM EDT (US)     10 / 19       
While you stop spreading your pointless messages of pessimism just to be negative.

█▄ █▄█ ▄█▀ ▀█▀
Out Reach
Mortal
posted 16 July 2007 09:34 AM EDT (US)     11 / 19       
I'm not being pessimistic i'm being realistic.
Every week almost, someone starts a AOM2 thread. Now I would be the first one to cheer if AOM2 was planned but realisticly its not going to, and this endless stream of false hope threads is a real problem, as it just reminds me how good it would be.
AOM is a great game. If you want a better community Recomend it to friends and play it,Show the business men the idea still sells. ES won't make AOM2 because of rumours.

Out Reach
Lazor
Mortal
posted 16 July 2007 11:59 AM EDT (US)     12 / 19       
Ok Out Reach don't get angry! I'm new to the forum and i didn't knew there were new threads!

Thanks for the timeline BTW. Yes i agree with you, probably the new project will be AoE 4
Out Reach
Mortal
posted 16 July 2007 12:43 PM EDT (US)     13 / 19       
I do apologise, I didn't mean to get angry with you, just the subject I'm glad my timline was of some help.

Out Reach
Shanks13
Rogue Agent
posted 16 July 2007 12:47 PM EDT (US)     14 / 19       
Might as well add at least another four years for AoE4, considering that it is talked about by ES and acknowledged enough for us to figure that there is going to be one.

wf_playerwinner
Mortal
posted 16 July 2007 01:04 PM EDT (US)     15 / 19       
there wont be an expansion for halo wars because its for xbox 360 not computer a release for vista would be possible about 9 months to 14 months after its released for 360 i dont think there will be a halo wars 2 but there will most likely be a aoe4 also there is still lots of civs that they can use for mythology lots of unique units and myth units lots of god powers they can still make
yoma
Banned
posted 17 July 2007 04:57 AM EDT (US)     16 / 19       
360 games get upgrades via xboxlive for microsoft points, or for free. but there could be halo wars 2.
lokiodin
Mortal
posted 17 July 2007 08:53 PM EDT (US)     17 / 19       
I got the AoE3 collecters edition, and in a coffe table book, at the end, there were pictures of the AoE's in the series 1: a roman soldier 2: an archer 3: a British redcoat 4: a WW2 general 5: a guy in a laser futuristic like suit.

This suggests that there will probably be an AoE4 and 5 long before there will be an AoM2. I so wish there would be an AoM2. There probably won't be, at last not in a long time. Mabye 15 years at the very least.

[This message has been edited by lokiodin (edited 07-17-2007 @ 09:05 PM).]

VB_WhiplashJC
Mortal
posted 17 July 2007 09:40 PM EDT (US)     18 / 19       
they said at the time that that probably wasnt what would happen, it was only art/teaser.

www.vbclan.net - Aussie/Kiwi AoT and AoE3 clan
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 17 July 2007 09:50 PM EDT (US)     19 / 19       
Noo, ES is famous for their more antiquity era games. Thats why I love them (aside from the love I have for history of Hellenistic empires). I just think a game can be so much more creative and fun if you use the standard basics for a game. (Archer>Infantry, Infantry>Calvary, Calvary>Archer/Siege)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames