You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Poseidon Rushes/Strategies BO's
Bottom
Topic Subject:Poseidon Rushes/Strategies BO's
LightmareNikita
Banned
posted 16 July 2007 05:58 PM EDT (US)         
I need a solid Bo for Poseidon, a triple Stable Autoqueqe setup.

Technically, get to Classical as soon as possible, but still be able to build 3 stables and autoqueqe Hippokins from each.

I usually get Theseus Before i advance to grab a relic, and raid the food vills that i find with my scout/Theseus/Centaur.

A Zeus Uses Bolt on my Centaur....just saying

Anyway, sometimes i find myself stocking up so much on gold for those 72 gold hippokins, that i forget that even thou 12 food a pop is little, it's still needed.

So, a build order for Poseidon Raiding

A Build Order for the Militia Rush

And any other known Poseidon Strategies
AuthorReplies:
Ironclaw77
Mortal
posted 16 July 2007 09:04 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
Hello LightmareNikita, I believe we spoke in game..

Here's a good militia rush strategy I found in the archives:
This works on land maps best, although if done right you could do this and use it to take down thier dock instead.

As Poseidon, you stat off with 3 villagers. Start off by sending all 3 to food, get hunting dogs, blahblahblah. Make 6 or 7. By the time the 2nd villager comes out of your town center, you should have already scouted to see where the enemy is. Send 2 villagers forward.

Timing is key here. You have to run your scout through TC fire and lay down a granary at the same time. That way, the fire is deterred while you get about 100 hp on it, and then it will start firing. It should be able to be built. When it is built, immediately build more.

During this send villagers to stragger trees, and don't get housed. Build forward houses if needed too.

With free militia, raid the enemy, and keep out of arrow fire when possible. Keep making buildings, keep making militia. Raidraidraid. Get to classical around 6:00 if you're good. Then, bring in the centaurs to raid more. Or bring in some cyclopses to finish him off.

If he gets to Classical before you, you're screwed, so practice this before you use it.
As for other strategies/build orders I also found this in the archives:
http://www.box.net/public/1py6tvtobs
download the file, it's really quite helpful.

Hope to see you online again soon.
~Ironclaw77

I R O N C L A W 7 7
Everything that shines ain't always
gonna be gold.
LightmareNikita
Banned
posted 16 July 2007 09:09 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
Awesome Man, Thank you so much, you are a very good person IronClaw, and i don't recall if we've have played 1v1, if not, then i challenge you!
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 16 July 2007 10:48 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
you need 11 on gold with pickaxe for continuous production of Hippikons.

Do a standard greek build, but instead of putting extra on food, put them on gold. And get medium calvary in your third stable as soon as you build it
Ironclaw77
Mortal
posted 16 July 2007 10:58 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Thank you Lightmare, I accpet your challenge
And get medium calvary in your third stable as soon as you build it
Also a bit of notice, don't do this if you fear you are being rushed because you may wind up with no resources/units but medium cavalry.

I R O N C L A W 7 7
Everything that shines ain't always
gonna be gold.
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 16 July 2007 10:59 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
if your getting rushed I would build archery range with 2 stables.
LightmareNikita
Banned
posted 17 July 2007 11:44 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Guys, i have to be honest with u, but i have used 2 build vs. norse

The Hoplite Toxete Build, IT WILL STOP ANY NORSE HUMAN UNIT, it will hold that unit in place with nit's 34% hack armor, and will kill RC and Jarls.

While that's happening, u'll have toxetes KILLING Hersir/TA/Ulsarks, while the hoplites kill Jarls/RC/Huskarls...it has never failed me, but out of guilt, i use the cav+Toxete build and it fails sometimes...
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames