You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » paperfriend
Bottom
Topic Subject:paperfriend
Squeoo
Mortal
posted 17 July 2007 11:32 AM EDT (US)         
i was told you have a very respectable gaia, would you mind perhaps either sending me a few recs, or just give me a little help in-game, or write a small summary here of best ways to get eggy?

i always go 2/3 kats, 1/3 turma, with behemoths for hitting the sides, but in the long run, always get flooded by mercs and lose to eles and siege as mercs whoop me..
AuthorReplies:
Ironclaw77
Mortal
posted 17 July 2007 12:18 PM EDT (US)     1 / 11       
I may not be Paperfriend but I have downloaded these 2 recorded games in which he is victorious.

http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=6525

and

http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=6397

Good luck Squeoo, maybe we can finally start winning

I R O N C L A W 7 7
Everything that shines ain't always
gonna be gold.
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 17 July 2007 12:19 PM EDT (US)     2 / 11       
go 2 crax turma 1 rax murmillo. Get all econ ups in first age. Although you will have to alter your strategy depending on map and opponent.
Squeoo
Mortal
posted 17 July 2007 01:57 PM EDT (US)     3 / 11       
agaw: that is my strategy, if you throw in a second archaic TC.

and ironclaw: stop saying sorry every 3 seconds midgame saying your housed or forgot HD!! lol, it would be easier if you didn't do that...

*edit*

or spamming krakens when i already won the water with 18 biremes and 3 servants. =]

[This message has been edited by Squeoo (edited 07-17-2007 @ 01:57 PM).]

Ironclaw77
Mortal
posted 17 July 2007 02:56 PM EDT (US)     4 / 11       
lol

good tips...

I R O N C L A W 7 7
gonna be gold.
Squeoo
Mortal
posted 17 July 2007 03:00 PM EDT (US)     5 / 11       
haha its np though, after i finish cleaning up around here i'll log on and we'll play some more 2s if thats cool with you.
Ironclaw77
Mortal
posted 17 July 2007 04:00 PM EDT (US)     6 / 11       
see ya then

I R O N C L A W 7 7
gonna be gold.
Paperfriend
Mortal
posted 18 July 2007 07:34 AM EDT (US)     7 / 11       
I am not sure what to give as advice here, because Gaia is just very likely to get crused:

Some good recs:
http://agesanctuary.com/index.php?portal=AOE3&fview=1&showtopic=65555&#entry695569 (loss for Gaia, but a nice 2TC FH, still the best strat against the Isis FH).

http://agesanctuary.com/index.php?portal=AOE3&fview=1&showtopic=41462&#entry434949 (Nice classical fighting, win for Gaia )

On water, do either a 3 dock bireme rush, and hope to push him of before Heroic, or do a water FH, I myself mostly do the second but the first can do pretty well if you manage to also gather enough fish to still advance to heroic quite early.

Just one last game, a nice game to see unit combo's and all that stuff, I probaly downloaded it, but forgot what's in it.
http://agesanctuary.com/index.php?portal=AOE3&fview=1&showtopic=64169&#entry682019

There is also the 2TC semi-FH done by Isis, but I can't find any recs, just stick with the same way of dealing with the normal FH, and try to control the middle.

Like I said, this match up is hard to win, so this is the best advice I can give.

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 18 July 2007 07:36 AM EDT (US)     8 / 11       
Atty should always win sea on medit, no exceptions (maybe not vs. eggy)
VB_WhiplashJC
Mortal
posted 18 July 2007 08:02 AM EDT (US)     9 / 11       
youve never played as attie vs decent loki on medit, have you?

www.vbclan.net - Aussie/Kiwi AoT and AoE3 clan
Squeoo
Mortal
posted 18 July 2007 10:01 AM EDT (US)     10 / 11       
lol, water is no problem for me, i've adapted near perfectly to hotcha's water strats...

to a certain extent, even gotten better i think.

i go 3-4 dock, 2-3 bireme AQ, 1 Servant AQ, let my fish keep fishing until i get about 20 (combined units) ultimate flood at all the same time normally the enemy thinks i've done a poor job keeping up with water so they have almost no units, i carnivora one dock, go fight the other docks (everytime a ship comes out the dock you just need to have the carnivora attack it, instantly sinks it).
DragonQ
SC2H Seraph
posted 18 July 2007 04:37 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11       
I made a new account earlier purely for trying out and perfecting the Gaia Fast Titan - I won 5 out of 6 (or 6 out of 7, can't remember) of my matches, but almost all of them were against 15xx (not many people play rated these days).

The one match I lost I was literally a few seconds from getting the Titan out - it was at about 14500/15000HP with 9 villagers but I got Imploded and most of them died. This was against Kronos. Out of the others, the hardest ones were Midgard and Mediterranean because of the lack of food - for one of them I even had to trade Gold at the market to get an extra 200 or so Food for the Titan Age Advancement.

The trick is to get Hunting Dogs straight away (on most maps) and Pickaxe and Handaxe on the way to Classical. You shouldn't have to make more than one villager in Classical and two in Heroic. You should also hit the Titan button as soon as you get to Mythic (or as soon as you have the resources) because once you're in Mythic they're gonna know what your plan is anyway. Use Gaia's forest to either block up one entrance to your base, or if that isn't possible, to protect your back two towers. Also use spider lair as soon as you get it, which means you'll have another use just before the Titan Gate is placed. Placing these is cruicial since it could kill 8 of their normal troops. Also use your free Heroic Age bird to go to their town and cast Tartarian Gate as soon as you get it to distract their economy or military (depends on enemy).
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames