You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.16 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Loki Hersiers.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Loki Hersiers.
lokiodin
Mortal
posted 17 July 2007 03:39 PM EDT (US)         
Loki's hersiers spawn free myth units. I have heard two ways that this works:
Both ways: A hersier is assaigned a myth unit from the age you are in when it is made or lower, i.e. you can't make a hersier in Classical and get Battle Boars.
1. The hersier has to deafet a number of enemies equal to the amount of favor the unit costs. When he does, the myth unit assigned to him appears. And he has to do all damage to the enemies, not just make the killing blow.
2. There is a favor stockpile for hersiers. The favor adds up as all hersiers attack. When it reaches a certain amount (it didn't say how much), the next hersier that attacks anything spawns his myth unit. This does not take any favor from your stockpile.

So which is it? I am totaly confused.
AuthorReplies:
LightmareNikita
Banned
posted 17 July 2007 03:43 PM EDT (US)     1 / 16       
No matter which one it it, Hippolyta leading 20 Toxetes guarded by Theseus and his 10 Hippokins ill own Loki's army, considering Loki's RC won't get to the archers 11
Holy Diver
Mortal
posted 17 July 2007 03:45 PM EDT (US)     2 / 16       
I think it's the favour stockpile. That's what i've heard before.

"Well blow my Gjallarhornid! It's Skeggi Battlehands!"
DragonQ
SC2H Seraph
posted 17 July 2007 03:50 PM EDT (US)     3 / 16       
Number 2 is correct. When a Hersir attacks, he generates twice as much favour as Odin/Thor. Half of it is seen in the normal favour counter. The other half is in a hidden counter (it might be less than half actually, I'm only making an assumption), and when that reaches the level of favour the MU in your current age requires you get that MU free. Not sure if you can get Classical free MUs in Mythic etc., and if so how it works. But that's the main idea.
Squeoo
Mortal
posted 17 July 2007 03:52 PM EDT (US)     4 / 16       
lightmare seriously stop.

its annoying, you wonder why no one gives help in your threads anymore, well you are always asking for help and when someone says something unhelpful and irrelevant, pardon my language, but you get pissed.

and now what do you do, you tell him that it doesn't matter because possy will whoop his loki..

how is that helpful? honestly.

half your posts are you wanting to argue that possy is the best and not helpful to the thread starters, so stop getting mad when people don't help you...

and, just to put a damper in your plan, good luck getting your slow training calvary in by the time loki rushes you.
Ironclaw77
Mortal
posted 17 July 2007 03:58 PM EDT (US)     5 / 16       
As i said in your last post lokiodin; please visit this site, as it clearly explains it.

But seeing as you are apparently unable to click it, I will explain:

Direct quote from Aom Loki
Apart from the usual favor pool norse players use to buy myth Units, Loki receives another pool. A special pool that is filled (theoretically) only when Hersirs fight.

Each time a hersir pops out from your temple, it is assigned with a random Myth unit (MU). The assigned MU may not be from an age above the one in wich the hersir was made.

After fighting for a while, the hidden special pool is filled up and the first hersir to hack at something after this spawns next to him the MU he had assigned.

There is a restriction; no hersir can summon MUs during archaic age.

Hersirs can be assigned with MUs from other norse gods, as long as they're not from a superior age. I.E. A heroic hersir can be assigned with a frost gigant. This, because of Skadi (a heroic god only available to Thor and Odin wich grants players the Frost gigant).

O CANADA bears and ragnarok Loki heroes can summon Mus too. Bad thing that u can only get them by cheating...

I R O N C L A W 7 7
Everything that shines ain't always
gonna be gold.
Holy Diver
Mortal
posted 17 July 2007 04:42 PM EDT (US)     6 / 16       
i once got an Einherjar in Mythic age.

"Well blow my Gjallarhornid! It's Skeggi Battlehands!"
Squeoo
Mortal
posted 17 July 2007 04:46 PM EDT (US)     7 / 16       
i get valkyries in heroic all the time, it adds myth units to the pool, its n "included but not limited to" kind of deal.
lokiodin
Mortal
posted 17 July 2007 06:43 PM EDT (US)     8 / 16       
posted 07-17-07 03:58 PM EDT (US) 5 / 7
------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------
As i said in your last post lokiodin; please visit this site, as it clearly explains it.

But seeing as you are apparently unable to click it, I will explain:

I have visited this site, and it is exactly were I got this. So stop telling me to go there as I already have. It's on my favorites list too.

Edit:
I have to edit because I can not go back to back. These are the two places I found the two theories: http://aom.heavengames.com/gameinfo/cultures/norse/hersir.htm
http://aomloki.googlepages.com/lokigeneraloverview

It has to be one or the other, it can't be both.

[This message has been edited by lokiodin (edited 07-17-2007 @ 06:53 PM).]

SSJVegetaTrunks
Mortal
posted 17 July 2007 06:51 PM EDT (US)     9 / 16       
i once got an Einherjar in Mythic age.
That's because it spawned from a Hersir that was made in Classical.
Squeoo
Mortal
posted 17 July 2007 07:03 PM EDT (US)     10 / 16       
so you are saying they can only spawn MU from the age they are created in???

now that is strange..
lokiodin
Mortal
posted 17 July 2007 07:20 PM EDT (US)     11 / 16       
That is correct.
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 17 July 2007 09:59 PM EDT (US)     12 / 16       
Now that the topic has been answered, I'm going to tell a short story.

I krushed a Loki and after the game, the Loki complained about how much cheaper I get MU. wtf, he gets his for free....
lokiodin
Mortal
posted 18 July 2007 08:03 AM EDT (US)     13 / 16       
I got one theory from this very own website, and one theroy from AoM Loki. So who is right?
Shanks13
Rogue Agent
posted 18 July 2007 10:26 AM EDT (US)     14 / 16       
AoM Loki is right.

Pdroo
Banned
posted 18 July 2007 01:13 PM EDT (US)     15 / 16       
No LokiOdin, Hersirs are assigned with a random MU from the time in wich they are created and earlier ages..

I.E.

A Classic hersir will be randomly assigned with anyone of:

Troll - Enherjar - Valkyrie

A Heroic hersir will be randomly assigned with anyone of:

Troll - Enherjar - Valkyrie - MG - Frost G - BB

[This message has been edited by Pdroo (edited 07-18-2007 @ 01:14 PM).]

lokiodin
Mortal
posted 18 July 2007 01:21 PM EDT (US)     16 / 16       
I know that, I said it in my original post.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames