You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Newbie Needs Help Improving (Record Game Supplied)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Newbie Needs Help Improving (Record Game Supplied)
Wipeout_Giver
Mortal
posted 18 July 2007 10:17 AM EDT (US)         
I find myself back playing AoM now that the holidays are here again, but I'm still pretty much where I left off (still struggling around 1600).

Anyway I had a rated match today to try get above 1600 for the umpteenth time. The guy was clearly better than me, although I did win in the end (I wonder lamed).

It was on Anatolia I was Hades and my opponent was Oranos. I have a record here of the matchup, if someone could take the time out to watch it & give me some advice I'd really appreciate it

LINK

I found it really difficult to counter his troops, & my economy wasn't exactly efficient (I stockpiled food). I think the cyclopses were my saving grace I'm not sure I would have survived without them.

So please anything that might help! Just really need advice. Thx

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(" )_(" )
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
AuthorReplies:
yoma
Banned
posted 18 July 2007 04:20 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
im not a hades player, and an even worse one on water, but i can still give general advice.

EDIT: the reason i called it vannilla was that he specfically called it "AoM" and i only read the first couple paragraphs and the last one.

i saw the oranos thing when i dl ed it, then i checked the file type and saw it was rcx. :P lol

[This message has been edited by Yoma (edited 07-19-2007 @ 10:21 AM).]

LightmareNikita
Banned
posted 18 July 2007 04:29 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
Good advice Yoma...lol

Anyway, Wonders are Fair
yoma
Banned
posted 18 July 2007 04:34 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
yes, very good advice, he is already a 1650+ if he followed my advice.

lightmare, why not tell him to play possy because he is OP??

anyway, hades wonder is no fair tbh. hades has a sick turtle. and hades turtle+wonder is no fair. use it
Tankster3
Mortal
posted 18 July 2007 04:42 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
lol you better get your wonder up by 10:00 minutes then cause thats the longest I'll be before attacking you

ok, i watch in two min. its vannila???

lol Oranos in nilla nice one yoma. 11
yoma
Banned
posted 18 July 2007 05:01 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
ADVICE:
1. as soon as the game starts, press hvvvvv this queues up villies immediately.

2. try to make a dock earlier.

3. at some time in the game u had like 5000 wood. do something with it, send some of ur woodies to gold or some to food, or spam ships and take all the water.

4. get gaptheses. they are amazing units.
save like 10 pop as u go heroic. then make a fortress and spam out a few ranged siege. they are OP

5. get armory ups!!!!!!11
or wait to go hepahteus, then get the tech that makes armory ups cheaper. then get all of them.
Kang_the_Mad
Mortal
posted 18 July 2007 06:56 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
You mean gastraphates?
Wipeout_Giver
Mortal
posted 19 July 2007 05:37 AM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
Thanks for the tips guys. I normally just hv & then autoqueue villies, does the same thing. Im not good on water maps lol. I have a profound dislike for all maps water related. I probably should have made more fishing ships right? I need to know if there's a standard build order for a water map. I got a dock up at 3 minutes but I didnt have enough resources to start autoqueueing fishing ships

Yes I do like the gastros Nice for harassing ppl with their cool range & building destroying capability! But do you think that I would have been better off putting off going Mythic so as to fight the Heroic fight & get some petros?

Yeah I wanted to get the cheap armory lol. But I ended up using my favour on a titan gate + wonder. Normally I do get that upgrade but not this game.

Whats the best thing to do against any attie as Hades? My greek classical just seemed to get countered by his :S

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(" )_(" )
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
yoma
Banned
posted 19 July 2007 10:18 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
at the beginging i hvvvvv because sometimes AQing the tc to make villagers at 70% of the vill done, it doesn't listen to u, and stops making vills. I dont want idle tc, and i want to micro my starting units ASAP, so i Hvvvvv, at load screen, micro vills, (usually 2 are built when i can finally am done microing, and can set the tc to AQ.

edit* spelling error

[This message has been edited by Yoma (edited 07-19-2007 @ 10:22 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames