You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » wahoo!
Bottom
Topic Subject:wahoo!
Squeoo
Mortal
posted 18 July 2007 03:30 PM EDT (US)         
i just played a game against a 1720 oranos, and i was loki (maybe the 3rd game i've ever played as loki... my rr is somewhere around 1680 but with loki, i would think it'd be lower) on anatolia.

he taunts me all game, calling me noob, his score about 150 points higher than mine whole game (til end).

he hits classical shortly before me, i have 2-3 docks each side pumping (staying in the building) longboats, and hersirs on AQ in my initial area, he comes in with a massively overwhelming army, with my somehow better micro i get his cheiros and hero murm done just as i start summoning trolls which kill tear through his turmae like tissue paper..

he keeps coming in still overwhelming my army, tears down all military buildings but one, as i have TC on AQ hersirs (to stay in TC) and last longhouse on Hersir (to stay in), as my towers up to the last part, seeing my gold miners (already on 2nd mine) he has a couple murms come try to get it as i have the dwarf their trying to catch run and the others kill the murms (with tower fire help) so he comes in with turma, and i ungarrison 6 ulfs from the TC right beside them (ulfs get that fat bonus!! yay) they shred them to pieces and he has 3 cheiros (hes sending in flanks of army over and over) shoot at the ulfs and i instantly garrison them, change TC waypoint, ungarrison and start ripping them up, then ungarrison my 4 hersirs and i suddenyl have a decent looking army again, i then split it up murms getting turma and cheiros while 2 hersirs build another longhouse and the other hersirs hit his murms.

he then says, "dam your good" and resigned.

yay!!!

that was sheer luck, but it was sooo fun.

i know bragging is bad, but i had to.

so just so this post becomes something productive, and not just ego boost...

when should i go for safeguard and/or arctic winds when i go through heimdall.
AuthorReplies:
lokiodin
Mortal
posted 18 July 2007 03:51 PM EDT (US)     1 / 11       
Nice job! I hate it when people brag, and say that it is bad being a noob, because it really isn't. Everyone was a noob once. You don't automaticly start playing and become the best player ever! Thanks for chrushing the bragging giant!
Squeoo
Mortal
posted 18 July 2007 04:05 PM EDT (US)     2 / 11       
well the thing is, i'm not that good...

i stay around 1680 which is considered right between noob and intermediate...

and normally i don't win but maybe 30% of the games when i'm up there..

so i just felt so proud that i beat a 1720.

name taken out. lol

[This message has been edited by Squeoo (edited 07-18-2007 @ 04:16 PM).]

yoma
Banned
posted 18 July 2007 04:13 PM EDT (US)     3 / 11       
no names...... lol ,cool squeoo.
i recently had a battle with a 1700 isis on (using isis) on highland. i secured more fishing and won with a wonder. but, if it makes u feel any better, he started this "gaying war" first by building a tt, and then a wonder. killed his tt gate with thoth elies, and his wonder with my tt. then i spamed walls and mercs ftw.

OMG, FTW used correctly in a sentence.

edit: anyone want me to post that game? its kinda funny, at the end he called me a newbie, and then he dropped. i thought for sure droptrick and was pissed, but i lended up getting the points

[This message has been edited by Yoma (edited 07-18-2007 @ 04:16 PM).]

Squeoo
Mortal
posted 18 July 2007 04:17 PM EDT (US)     4 / 11       
but your probably better than me yoma. :P
Tankster3
Mortal
posted 18 July 2007 04:55 PM EDT (US)     5 / 11       
lol I don't count it as bragging if the other guys being a jerk/pain/999 spammer etc. although his higher rating is a plus.

anyway I went up against a "1729 rr" loki as zeus got 2 centaurs raiding his villies at maybe 6 minutes (he hasn't aged yet btw) and the game goes OoS. hmm... I wonder what his real rank is lol. he also asked me if I wanted to quit to save time. so freakin hillarious!

any way to end it I didn't think you were bragging squeoo. if you were like "oh yea! i whooped his! I'm so good blahblahblah etc." that's bragging (don't get any ideas...)
pcgamer7070
Mortal
posted 18 July 2007 05:21 PM EDT (US)     6 / 11       
nice job. its always fun to beat people who call you a noob and they dont know that you are really a higher rate.
lokiodin
Mortal
posted 18 July 2007 06:05 PM EDT (US)     7 / 11       
Squeoo, who is your best god? I know that you are working on Set, but who do you rule with?
Squeoo
Mortal
posted 18 July 2007 07:48 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11       
lol hmm this is maybe how my spreadsheet would look considering i go random maybe every other game...

Greek Avg: 1650

Zeus: 1690 (greek are OP, all you need to know is hops>all)
Hades: 1590 (i have too much trouble not wanting to go pure archers... lol yes, i'm one of THOSE people...)
Possy: 1680 (but yet with possy i don't go full cav... haha)

Eggy Avg: 1590

Ra: 1550... thats right i can't even beat the lower ranks.
Isis: 1580... thats right i can't do isis laming.. ><
Set: 1660

Norse Avg: ?

Thor: 1690
Odin: 1640
Loki: ?

Atty Avg: ~1680

Kronos: 1630-1650
Oranos: 1710
Gaia: 1680

oranos is too easy to play to call him my best though.

for oranos vs. Greek: Raid go heroic bring in destroyers with archers protecting.

for oranos vs. eggy: focus on economy, up to heroic with him, heroize some kats (with that crazy extra speed), wait for him to make first attack, run up through the back with behemoths (and turma run up the front to take care of annoying priests).

for oranos vs. norse: 3 turma 1 murm full manored up in classical with 2nd TC, take gold control.

for oranos vs. atty: if its kronos, you have some trouble, up through helios and make sure to get some hekas with archers to go uber cheap and annoying with the boom you go flying (while my archers kill you anyway).. make sure he doesn't get more TC's than you... vs gaia. take her closest TC's, a good gaia knows to try and take a 2nd TC in archaic, so if you prevent this, you've screwed up her econ.

for oranos
lokiodin
Mortal
posted 18 July 2007 09:04 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11       
I don't have Titans (wish I did), so I can't say anything about Attys. I hardly ever play Greeks. I am terrible at Eggys. I am trying to become a Loki player, which I am told is the hardest civ to play. Thor seems good, dwarves, dwarven armory, but I am bad at him. Odin dosen't really stand out, he just seems to be a normal Norse, nothing special.

Quick comment: I think that Isis should have been a minor god, and Osiris a major god, as Isis is wife to Osiris, and he is ruler of the dead and all. Just my opinion.
Shanks13
Rogue Agent
posted 18 July 2007 11:28 PM EDT (US)     10 / 11       
But then there could be no OP Isis players. What would happen?

Anywho, anybody have tips on how to shove out Greek units faster? I tend to do decently, but I am getting tired of shoving into an enemy and either running into god knows how many units or tearing down his base, and then ten seconds later, facing a massive army.

lokiodin
Mortal
posted 18 July 2007 11:55 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11       
Well, if Osiris was a major god, than there would be no Isis players, and Isis could take the place of Osiris and Osiris the place of Isis. Just a thought.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames