You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.43 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Patch 1.0.4: the less is more edition
Bottom
Topic Subject:Patch 1.0.4: the less is more edition
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Ancient_tribe
Mortal
posted 25 July 2007 11:44 AM EDT (US)         
Because many people complained about the fact I changed too many things and don't have a clue about balance, I made a new version of my patch.
I scrapped most of my ideas and I put all things which action suggested(except the gp combo's, but I still have to find a way to disable them.)

Patch 1.0.4

Client fixes
- Fixed a bug which allowed Kronos players to deconstruct Healing spring
- Fixed a bug which allowed mummies to kill the 2 age hero of poseidon with their special
- Moved Omniscience so that Kronos player can actually research it

Balance changes
- Ta's need a small boost: They get a reduction in training time(4 sec) and they get a bigger bonus vs inf(murms, fanatics, myrms) and +1 range.
- Odin hillforts are 20% cheaper(old cost of norse hilffort for Odin then).
- Odin jarls get their old bonus back(20% instead of 10%).
- jarls have a bonus vs ele’s
- Restore WW(they have 350 hp instead of 300 hp)
- Greek can train heroes in your temple
- The argo is avaible in herioc and favor cost is reduced by 50%.
- Hetaroi's have +70 hp.
- Gastraphetes have 25 hp more
- Mercs are limited to 5, Merc cav to 4. Mercs have -10 hp, merc cav -20 hp
- Priest do more damage to collosi(*18 instead *9)
- Camels have a higher multiplier vs. jarls and elephants(2.5 instead of 1.75)
- Destroyers get a higher bonus vs buildings(*7 instead of *5).
- Atl. heroes are 30% cheaper, cost less favor
- Vills train slower(38 seconds instead of 35 seconds)
- Atl. have no longer free medium archer upgrade.
- Kronos' fire siphons and chiero’s are 15% cheaper instead of 10%. Kronos' destroyers are 25% cheaper instead of 10%.
- Gaia's Fishing ships are 20% cheaper instead of 10%
- Gaia's dock upgrades are 30% cheaper
- Valor has only two uses, but recharges 30 sec faster.
- Chaos affects more units(8-9 units instead of 3-4 units), cooldown period is longer
- Satyr have +2 attack
- Heroic renewal not only allows heroes to regenerate, but they get also +30% hp

How to become a tester?
Very simple. Just post in this topic your eso name, you rate and your favorite god so I know you are a tester and then download the patch packet.
How more testers we have and how more games are played, how more feedback we have so we know or this changes are good or not.
Try to play many different match-ups(your god vs the other gods). Also try to play vs a tester who has the same skill level so skill level won't be a big influence during the games.

How to install the patch?
Before I continue, I want to say this:

I cannot be held responsible for any complications this patch may bring to your game or your computer. You aren't forced to be a tester or download this patch, but if you do, be conscious that there might be complications(I haven't had any problems so far, but you never know)

In the zip file you have different files. First you have to install aomed: this program is needed to extract some files in your aom which is necessairy to install this patch.
When you installed aomed, open it. When you opened it, there is a button called "set input data file". Click it and go to program files/microsoft games/aom/data and select data2.bar. Then click on "read data file" and the file will be extracted in the data map in aom. Then you click again on "set input data file" and go .../aom/godpowers and select the godpower2.bar. Then do the same as you did with the data2.bar.
Now you will see that there are more files in the data map and the godpower map.
Now go back to zip file, because you will need the other files now. First of all, copy the protox.xmb and the techtreex.xmb into your data map. They will ask to replace the current ones and click yes(important: make back-ups of these files so you can replace the new ones anytime with the originals).
Then you do the same with the implode.xmb, heroize.xmb(valor), serpents.xmb, chaos.xmb, pestilence.xmb, tremor.xmb(shockwave), spiders.xmb and undermine.xmb, but you copy these files in the godpower map instead of the data map(make back ups of the old ones, replace them then with the new ones.)
Congratulations you succesfully installed patch 1.0.4!

If there are any problems with the installing, if there are things that don't work reply in here and I see what I can do.
Also use this thread to give feedback on the changes(with rec pls so that we can have evidence).
The alpha tests will last about 2-3 weeks. All things which are too good of other suggestions to balance the game will be taken in consideration and will be applied in the beta tests so that we can create a good patch. I hope that I'm able to solve some problems by then(disable gp combo's, removing the medium archer upgrade, etc...).
For the patch click <a href="http://agesanctuary.com/index.php?portal=AOT&fview=1&showtopic=91786">here</a> to download it.
AuthorReplies:
Shanks13
Rogue Agent
posted 25 July 2007 07:33 PM EDT (US)     31 / 43       
Thanks for clarifying that Uber. No OoS, you just can't play anyone without the mod.

[This message has been edited by Shanks13 (edited 07-25-2007 @ 07:33 PM).]

DragonQ
SC2H Seraph
posted 25 July 2007 07:39 PM EDT (US)     32 / 43       
I've been here for ages, but I only ever play in the Summer during the holidays. I did see their patch but I also thought it was a bit stupid so never tried it.

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...
Caboose_Nor
Mortal
posted 25 July 2007 08:57 PM EDT (US)     33 / 43       
seriously, if you dont know what you are talking about, keep your mouth shut. Yes, you CAN connect to ESO, but you will not be able to play anybody else unless they have exactly the same path as you.

[...]

Elephants also beat their hard counters. Base armour, katapeltes are better, true. However look at them when full upgraded. Also, katapeltes dont have 3X bonus vs cav, it's only 2.5.
Maybe that first sentence of yours should go for yourself too?

Xentelians info said that katapeltes get +200% bonus damage vs cavalry, meaning 3 times the base damage. I just checked this out ingame. A katapeltes do about 8 damage per attack before armor reduction. Against a hippikon with 34% hack armor he did about 13 damage per hit. Now calculate it: 13/(1.00-0.34)=23.

23/8 is about 3. But there is some error marigin in this finding because I could only see whole numbers in the katapeltes attacks. But the hits did at least 13 per hit, so it's safe to assume that they did a bit over 13, which makes the bonus they do not 2.5 (2.5*8=20), but 3. So there

Also, you might wanna try to look into the numbers of bragi ulfsarks vs elephants. Spammed elephants get ravaged by bragi ulfs, but when you take into consideration the egyptian archer spamming and adding in axemen, your micro has to be good. But assuming it is, no way elephants beat their hard counter alone. In fact bragi ulfs are about double as pop effective as elephants, close to double even against thoth elephants.

You don't believe me? Try setting up a friend in DM and lining up 5 bragi ulfs vs his 2 elephants. (both 10 pop)
Lettucefolk_
Mortal
posted 25 July 2007 10:10 PM EDT (US)     34 / 43       
Not wanting to meddle, just bear in mind that xentelians info is NOT, and I insist, NOT accurate, in many, many ways. So don't use that as an argument, since it's flawed at its base.

"He had decided to live forever or die in the attempt."
J. Heller
Caboose_Nor
Mortal
posted 25 July 2007 10:18 PM EDT (US)     35 / 43       
And if you care to read my entire post you see that I don't use that as an argument alone, but rather I tested it out myself. To support this even further, I can tell you that the number I got was 23.2, so it was even closer to 24. And as I said, the (small) marigin of error goes in the direction of 3x bonus, as it says in Xentelian's info.

So far the only fault I've seen in Xentelians ingame help info is the 20% bonus to pig sticker and odin's hunting bonus. He used the techtreex.xmb, protox.xmb and such files to find his numbers. The reason pig sticker and odin's bonus is wrong is because there's a bug in the game. Didn't realize there were "many, many" faults.

[This message has been edited by Caboose_Nor (edited 07-25-2007 @ 10:27 PM).]

lokiodin
Mortal
posted 25 July 2007 10:28 PM EDT (US)     36 / 43       
Is this even legal? Are you aloud to make a patch for a game you didn't make?
DragonQ
SC2H Seraph
posted 25 July 2007 10:50 PM EDT (US)     37 / 43       
I swear I remember recently testing that 20%/10% debate about the hunting stuff (it was 10%, but the bonus actually didn't do anything and to make it work ES made it 20%, so it actually behaved as if it was 10%), and I'm sure I found that it did actually increase hunting speed by 20%. Maybe I should test it again lol.

MagmaLord
Mortal
(id: darkdude)
posted 25 July 2007 11:07 PM EDT (US)     38 / 43       
Black Lotus is 1 food every 5 seconds or something.
lol I believe blacklotus increases farming rate.

But now that I think about it....what time do you suggest getting the Flood?

TTK_GeneralNoob
Mortal
posted 26 July 2007 03:36 AM EDT (US)     39 / 43       
Hf with this... I know i'll be playing the more balanced version 1.03

"The next turn I attacked those that had been attatched, fiendishly fracturing the friendly faction fraction"
-Wartrain.

"Why not do the exciting thing and sit back, boom to a rag and use flaming weapons? - Who would have thought a Thor player could show this level of innovation?"
-Vagabond Tom.

Ubermode
Mortal
posted 26 July 2007 09:01 AM EDT (US)     40 / 43       
hmm..perhaps I was wrong there, But I was always under the impression it was 2.5. I'll check that out later.

Black Lotues increaing farming rate, yes, but thats about how much extra food it works out as. Get flood of the nile at like 3 minutes. Basically as soon as you have your 5 favor from the first monument. (You should have at least 135 gold by then)
DragonQ
SC2H Seraph
posted 26 July 2007 09:46 AM EDT (US)     41 / 43       
I love Ra's Monuments - I normally have three up shortly after Heroic and I can normally get 3 Petsuchos out as soon as I hit Heroic, which is always handy. When they have the range upgrade they are deadly when hiding behind Migdols

I'm off the check the hunting thing...

DragonQ
SC2H Seraph
posted 26 July 2007 09:57 AM EDT (US)     42 / 43       
Well it seems to be 18s on average (5 tests) without Pig Sticker and 16s on average (5 tests) with it. This means a rate of 0.833 food per second without and 0.938 with. That's an increase of 12.6%. So yeah, 10% is probably right.

Caboose_Nor
Mortal
posted 26 July 2007 10:27 AM EDT (US)     43 / 43       
Well, look at this thread:

Odin/Thor (w/ pig sticker) hunting +20% or +10%?

It seems to be slightly higher than 10% (as you yourself found too), but not 20% for sure.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames