You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, That AoM Guy

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.21 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Help against Ra
Bottom
Topic Subject:Help against Ra
Superusername
Mortal
posted 27 July 2007 11:33 AM EDT (US)         
I need help against this Ra rush thing.

What should I have done better???

Here's the recording
AuthorReplies:
lokiodin
Mortal
posted 27 July 2007 12:50 PM EDT (US)     1 / 21       
I didn't know that Ra was a rusher, well, he could with his upgraded camels and chariots.
MonkeyHead
Mortal
posted 27 July 2007 12:52 PM EDT (US)     2 / 21       
The download didnt work, it looks like you saved it as a real player file.

You need to zip it / put it in a compressed folder then upload it.

edit: to loki: I'm guessing he means a rush with shifting sands, which could transport skin of rhino villies, mercs, or whatever right next to their tc then take it down and ideally rebuild on it.

[This message has been edited by MonkeyHead (edited 07-27-2007 @ 12:57 PM).]

Bloodshedder
Mortal
posted 27 July 2007 02:25 PM EDT (US)     3 / 21       
i do that villager rush sometimes too.

Do you mean Ra FH, Ville rush or TC boom?

Or even something less common?

Also which civ do you play?

Villie rush is basically deterred by free towers if eggy.
Ceasefire if Greek/Hades sentinels
Almost any troops, thats why ppl try to do it before u reach classical.
Norse-turn vils to ulsfarks and tower upgrade.
Atty just has to get soldiers out.

Free MUs.
Villagers.

Thats against villy rush btw.
DragonQ
SC2H Seraph
posted 27 July 2007 02:38 PM EDT (US)     4 / 21       
Ra villager rush is awesome. I've had lots of success with it - it doesn't work against Hades, Egypt or Loki in my experience (Hades has sentinels and a stronger TC, Egypt has free towers, Loki normally advances too early and has a forward base so can fight back fairly well).

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...
Bloodshedder
Mortal
posted 27 July 2007 03:29 PM EDT (US)     5 / 21       
yeah dragonQ what kind of time do u SS?

and Loki and Kronus are perfect ppl to rush.
YOu cant be raided easily because all your vilagers are on TC protected gold/1 or 2 on herding and they have spent all their resources on attack, so no home defence.

By the time they reach their base fomr their FB, uve got their TC, a barracks and a temple (and always making more vils at home) and unless they have signif einjinhars (like 5 or 6) or cheiroballista (20) , they've lost their already bad econ and have nothing to suppoort their army or make a new TC very soon.
meanwhile ur econ is slightly disrupted but u got 2 Tc's to make vils from to quickly get thins back on track and spam axe/spears to overwhlem his unreplenishing force.
Caboose_Nor
Mortal
posted 27 July 2007 03:43 PM EDT (US)     6 / 21       
Isn't this one of those things that only get you so far, aka noob tactics?
Bloodshedder
Mortal
posted 27 July 2007 04:37 PM EDT (US)     7 / 21       
caboose yeah, but you gotta get ur rate up fast and skip playing hours against the noobs to get to the good guys.
MonkeyHead
Mortal
posted 27 July 2007 05:00 PM EDT (US)     8 / 21       
I dont think even atty with the weakest tcs has a problem vs villy/shifting sands rush. As long as you are a litle prepared for it when playing set or ra, no problem. Just build your temple, manor/houses, guild, rax etc right next to your tc. Then if they rush this slows them down because they can't get all their units attacking your tc. Then get your army back asap and you should be ok.

Even if they manage to take down your tc as long as you get your army back quick enough you can kill their units so they cant rebuild. You lose a tc but they have zero economy and no army so the game is yours.

btw, if your army is away from home dont bring them all back together, send murm and turma separately from proms and cheiro so they dont slow down your whole army.
DragonQ
SC2H Seraph
posted 27 July 2007 05:34 PM EDT (US)     9 / 21       
yeah dragonQ what kind of time do u SS?

and Loki and Kronus are perfect ppl to rush.
YOu cant be raided easily because all your vilagers are on TC protected gold/1 or 2 on herding and they have spent all their resources on attack, so no home defence.

By the time they reach their base fomr their FB, uve got their TC, a barracks and a temple (and always making more vils at home) and unless they have signif einjinhars (like 5 or 6) or cheiroballista (20) , they've lost their already bad econ and have nothing to suppoort their army or make a new TC very soon.
meanwhile ur econ is slightly disrupted but u got 2 Tc's to make vils from to quickly get thins back on track and spam axe/spears to overwhlem his unreplenishing force.
The problem was he already had quite a few units, and had pooled enough resources to make a few RC, and he had also upgraded his towers. This meant many of my villagers died whilst building my new TC. I rebuilt at home and lasted quite a while but in the end he killed me cos I had an awful forward TC, and there was NO food left. The actual map was one of the smallest I've ever seen in a 1vs1 rated game (it was Alfheim). Oh well, the more you try and perfect it, the easier it'll become, as with any strat.

You need a good map to attack them before they get to Classical unfortunately (my BO is basically 6 on food, with Hunting Dogs if it's a hunting map, 2 on gold, then the rest on food until advance (with one villager doing house->monument->temple->house->house). Maybe if I got my temple up earlier with another villager it'd be quicker...I shall have to experiment. As soon as you have 600 Food (550 if you really think they'll resign after you take their TC...you need 400 for advance, 100 for TC and 50/100 for starting your Economy again) get all villagers on gold (Pharaoh too). Have the Priest find their base. Spam Priests and then get Skin of the Rhino after advancing. Then make 4-5 Mercs, and as soon as you have 400 gold for a TC, teleport (use the priest to get LOS near their TC).

Superusername
Mortal
posted 27 July 2007 05:59 PM EDT (US)     10 / 21       
oh sorry leme compress it

but for those of you who aren't gona watch it this is what happened: I do a boom and advance at 6:02 but and he advanced about 5 seconds laterthen he shifts his villagers pharoah priest and a wadjet to a TC near mine which I had been building on, he kills my villagers building the TC and then builds on it then he makes a wall and lames towers I make turma and murm and he makes mainly slingers about 6 minutes later he uses locust of my villagers and that's gg
That's the best discription I could do but please load it

Its compressed now

[This message has been edited by Superusername (edited 07-27-2007 @ 06:16 PM).]

Bloodshedder
Mortal
posted 27 July 2007 07:28 PM EDT (US)     11 / 21       
OK super well basically what u need to do is keep your oracles near home, as soon as you see a priest hero your oracles and kil his priest giving you enough time to upgrade.
It is impossible to SS without LOS from an obelisk or a wadjet (which is also countered by hero oracles) as the priest is picked off by the TC too fast.
He knows he must get LOS all the way to the TC otherwise his mercenaries time out.

if your willing to risk it, make him think hes got line of sight enough to SS in so he spends alot on mercenaries and quickly rid him of his obelisk. It requires precise timing but will waste all his gold if you suceed.
Maybe not worth the risk.

Anyway if he does manage to SS in and start attacking TC, attack his pharoah first and repair TC with vils.
Use prometheans if in classical.

Plan b which is much worse for you long term is upgrade early. In this case expect him too TC boom and/or FH which probably leaves you 4:2 Tcs down and a weaker econ becasue of it and an age behind. Its merely prolonging the agony. Really it is not much of an option.

You must tempt him to continue the villager rush so he does not see the nbigger picture. He'll waste afew priests and brain cells trying to get the LOS that you never give him whnilst you take valuable TC's.

Stop his LOS!

in all cases get to the Tc's and go heroic for behemoths to stop him TC booming (trust me thats what they do when they cant villie rush but have lots of gold- I'm one of them). So take the TC's first and Boom to make behemoths and raiding troops.

Behemoths>classical egyptians and the only thing that stops thnem is very expensive mercenaries and expensive priests. so cut off his gold with other troops and he's dead.

keep his migdols at bay and remember your TC's generate favour for Behemoths. me (ra) got owned by this earlier.
------------------------------
DragonQ
only really attempt a villie rush on high hunt maps and not fishing maps. TC boom on low hunt maps/fishing or if vs isis, match her with a FH camel spam.

Anyway my BO for villie rush is:
4 food
3 gold
3 food
1 house>monument>houses
Gold miners>temple>food (or even wood if i think the mining upgrade tastes good and i got enough food)
The rest on food till you can upgrade which is about 21 pop.

[This message has been edited by Bloodshedder (edited 07-28-2007 @ 05:11 AM).]

Superusername
Mortal
posted 27 July 2007 08:31 PM EDT (US)     12 / 21       
thx bloodshedder that helped a bit although Oranos doesnt get Bemotheans
MonkeyHead
Mortal
posted 27 July 2007 08:33 PM EDT (US)     13 / 21       
the rec still dosent work, why is it a realplayer file?

just leave it as .rcx and compress it.
BlackSun88
Banned
posted 27 July 2007 08:38 PM EDT (US)     14 / 21       
I actually had a sucess pwning a 1695 ra rush today. :P(unrated, damn)

The ra sent pharoah, wadjet, priests, vills(with tech), and mercs at like 5:00.

I was Zeus, I was already 70% to Athena so i figured i might as well just let it go.

Restoration worked better than ceasefire.

Ceasefire would kill his mercs and his vills would return to his base proabably.

Instead, restoration made it so my minimal army(2 hero,Free MU, my vills) were healed to outlast the mercs(already a bit of the way dead when he SS) and the vills got pwned afterwards.

Just my thoughts.

[This message has been edited by Colossus88 (edited 07-27-2007 @ 08:38 PM).]

yoma
Banned
posted 27 July 2007 08:45 PM EDT (US)     15 / 21       
hehe, if it was rated, jazz, the ra wouldnt have done since stupid tactics.

In my country, we think people who attempt suicide are crazy. (like vill rushers).

I play set and have NEVER EVER villie rushed, nor have ever attempted sucicide.

tbh, set has much better tactics than a vill rush.

edit: btw superusername, what civ are u playing as that u lost the the villy rusher???

[This message has been edited by Yoma (edited 07-27-2007 @ 08:47 PM).]

BlackSun88
Banned
posted 27 July 2007 09:01 PM EDT (US)     16 / 21       
He was ra, lol.
Superusername
Mortal
posted 27 July 2007 09:29 PM EDT (US)     17 / 21       
I was Oranos but I have no idea why it keeps making it realplayer ill try loading it again

EDIT alright I think I loaded it right this time

But this guy didnt exactly villy rush (just at the beginning when he was taking my foward TC, he kinda used some villys as part of his army he used them to take down a building and then they left to go back to gold

[This message has been edited by Superusername (edited 07-27-2007 @ 09:37 PM).]

yoma
Banned
posted 27 July 2007 09:39 PM EDT (US)     18 / 21       
jazz, i was saying that

"set and ra can vill rush"

and i play set, and personally, have never vill rushed.

just putting that out there......
Bloodshedder
Mortal
posted 28 July 2007 05:16 AM EDT (US)     19 / 21       
Ok super, just use regular siege (destroyers) and keep thenm coming from your FB or forward skypassage with arcuses covering them becasue u need to take out the axeman that own your destroyers.
Use oranoses skypassages well so you can get your armies from one side of the map to the other to attack him in different places. His army will be stretched to defend.
DragonQ
SC2H Seraph
posted 28 July 2007 05:24 AM EDT (US)     20 / 21       
It is impossible to SS without LOS from an obelisk or a wadjet (which is also countered by hero oracles) as the priest is picked off by the TC too fast.
Sorry to disappoint you, but I always use a Priest to get LOS. By the time the TC has gotten it down to 50HP, you've already shifted. I don't use it always, but if I'm against Atlantean or Thor/Odin I will try it cos I want to get better at it. It's good having a backup though - if I see a Hades or Egypt, I can just FH as normal since that's my primary strat.

Bloodshedder
Mortal
posted 28 July 2007 05:39 AM EDT (US)     21 / 21       
well u just gotta make sure that hero oracles or villagers take that extra 50 hp off the priest.
U've wasted your gold on mercs

btw just rushed Loki

This is a delayed villager rush, as i spent more time on gathering resources than i needed which made a healthier econ for me and allowed me to build a second TC.

http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=6792

My fastest rush is about 5:00, but my econ was shattered. I still won but it was a little too early.

[This message has been edited by Bloodshedder (edited 07-28-2007 @ 06:37 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames