Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » 3 TC boom
Bottom
Topic Subject:3 TC boom
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
LightmareNikita
Banned
posted 20 August 2007 08:10 AM EDT (US)         
Bo for this build.
Which villagers to use to build those TC's, adn where do i send the villagers that come out of those 3 TC's.

I know this strat should only be used on oasis/alfeim.
AuthorReplies:
ardica
Mortal
posted 20 August 2007 08:25 AM EDT (US)     1 / 40       
god?
Darth_Nidhogg
Mortal
posted 20 August 2007 09:35 AM EDT (US)     2 / 40       
You need to ask? It's LightmareNikita. Possy. Right?

I can't help you though.

Bitchesssssssssss

I consider that just fine for a sig since I've seen people with "Penis" et cetera.
Ironclaw77
Mortal
posted 20 August 2007 10:08 AM EDT (US)     3 / 40       
I believe it's supposed to be done as Gaia...

-Ironclaw77

I R O N C L A W 7 7
Everything that shines ain't always
gonna be gold.
empireofages
AoMH Review Team
posted 20 August 2007 11:21 AM EDT (US)     4 / 40       
i use my own 3 tc boom BO as possy whenever i face an egyptian.
Very funny to outboom them and seeing the 7's 9's and 29's fill the screen.
But i tihnk gaia would idd be better for it ( but the 2 tc gaia FH is a personal favorite of mine so i almost never do 3 tc boom with her, i am stymph bird addicted )

Noobs do not excist.
There are just players and better players.

[This message has been edited by empireofages (edited 08-20-2007 @ 11:21 AM).]

NiceHorus
Mortal
posted 20 August 2007 12:21 PM EDT (US)     5 / 40       
Not really sure about Empireofages' 3 tc boom, but surely I know someone else told Sam_Ham never do 3 tc boom.

Anyway I am still eggy and I am stick to eggy, so I rarely even have a chance to do double tc boom.
yoma
Banned
posted 20 August 2007 03:37 PM EDT (US)     6 / 40       
Yeah, age of sancauarty is riddled with expert recs that have a description "GG, 3 tc booms don't work" or "GG, shouldn't have 3tc boomed."
Shanks13
Rogue Agent
posted 20 August 2007 04:00 PM EDT (US)     7 / 40       
If someone knows how to properly three-TC boom, they could probably pull it off. Unfortunately, my guess is that the people that do it aren't at their skill level with it.

If you have three TCs and three resources that need gathering, it would be a safe bet to AQ one TC to each resources and make adjustments as necessary.

VB_WhiplashJC
Mortal
posted 21 August 2007 01:22 AM EDT (US)     8 / 40       
copy a hades build prolly.

the only player i can think of that had a sucessful 3tc boom was Melancholy, but im sure there were others.

quick search of agesanct (normally id tell you to stop being lazy but i wouldnt mind some popcorn games myself):

http://agesanctuary.com/index.php?portal=AOT&fview=3&showtopic=30966&#entry319241

watch darklight, one of the most underrated players ever imo. he didnt play rated much.

http://agesanctuary.com/index.php?portal=AOT&fview=3&showtopic=10970&#entry103009

http://agesanctuary.com/index.php?portal=AOT&fview=3&showtopic=11574&#entry111099

http://agesanctuary.com/index.php?portal=AOT&fview=3&showtopic=11735&#entry113080

http://agesanctuary.com/index.php?portal=AOT&fview=3&showtopic=9419&#entry83087

http://agesanctuary.com/index.php?portal=AOT&fview=3&showtopic=9487&#entry83838

etc etc

www.vbclan.net - Aussie/Kiwi AoT and AoE3 clan
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 21 August 2007 02:48 AM EDT (US)     9 / 40       
If you have three TCs and three resources that need gathering, it would be a safe bet to AQ one TC to each resources and make adjustments as necessary.
If you make 3 TCs quickly and aq vills in all of them, then the vill production alone will drain you off all resources for a considerable amount of time. You are already late with troop production as it is after spending your money and vill seconds on 2 additional TCs first. Further using up all your money on vills in all three of them will delay you so much that the enemy army will steamroll you without meeting considerable opposition.

Of course, if you lived to enjoy the benefits of your boosted economy you would be in a great position. But unless your opponent is a maximum n00b who sits and waits while you do it, you will be overrun hands down.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
NiceHorus
Mortal
posted 21 August 2007 06:29 AM EDT (US)     10 / 40       
D&P is right.

The reason why 3TC is not that viable is why you do 3TC, rather than what you gain.

Even a 2TC boom is a bit dangerous, however this only happens when enemy is at exactly same level as yourself and he chooses to build an army with siege.

The person told Sam this was lorenzo, when I was there observing that game. 3TC is simply too risky in general, and you can never really support 3 TC with enough resources doing other things. If you get 3 or 4 minutes idle time, then why don't u build over that tc 3 or 4 minutes later?

Lorenzo once tried to 3TC boom vs. me, and I almost got him in that game. The only reason was that he went three TC boom, and I caught him when he was doing his third tc and managed to kill his villager after a long chasing. (he was atty. Well everyone knows his atty isn't good though.)
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 21 August 2007 07:28 AM EDT (US)     11 / 40       
Well everyone knows his atty isn't good though.
Rofl I'll tell him that you said that about him. Let's see what he responds. *just kidding*

LightmareNikita
Banned
posted 21 August 2007 08:30 AM EDT (US)     12 / 40       
Hey NiceHorus

The 3 TC boom to dangerous due to the vulnerability of a rush, which is just impossible on a map like Oasis.
empireofages
AoMH Review Team
posted 21 August 2007 08:56 AM EDT (US)     13 / 40       
3 tc boom is good when unexpected.

ARCHAIC: 1tc

CLASSICAL: u get 2nd tc and pump out some hips to raid with while getting vills form both tc's ( YES i did this )

7-8 mins u can get 3rd TC up no prob.

Meanwhile i have weakened my opponents econ by raiding with my free cent ( mostly go hermes in case they cath me building my 3rd tc )and 7-8 hipps, meanwhile i have a decent army that is just a big as my opponent, with 1 big difference: i have 1 or even 2 TC's more then him.
All of this can be done without idle villager time.
And i always do it when i get a greek god ( especially possy, with zeus just hoplite building raids )
and it does work actually.
But every strategy is weak when expected or when poorly executed.

Noobs do not excist.
ephestion
Mortal
posted 21 August 2007 09:04 AM EDT (US)     14 / 40       
The 3 TC Boom sets up for a huge Heroic or Mythic conflict. But saying its not worth doing because a faster classical assault is where most games end is denying the freedom to simply play the game for fun.

Initially you will have a late classical with around 26-30 pop. Have your econ spread out 9 on wood and 6 on gold rest on food. Your Classical time is like when going for a fast Heroic so by 6:30 your in Classical. You now have an option FH or Boom. If you are fighting hold off TC building if you know the opponent is playing defensive go for a quick 3 TC boom. Take all your villagers off resources and start farming with them you need 7x3 farms (21) for the boom and you will need 12 to 14 more for the aging and army. So needless to say WOOD is your main focus to make all those farms.

Take villagers off gold and wood initially and then sending as many villagers from 2 TC to wood and from the third send to food and gold. Shuffle the villagers until you have around 24 Farms (even if you needed to build 32), 16 wood, 18 gold. Then shuffle the villagers again to get your needed economy for military. You will have an average Heroic time 14 min but you could go Mythic or just attack. Never boom till you reach pop cap. You can if you like add another three villagers in heroic and another three in mythic to get to pop cap.

Zeus does a good 3TC boom because at any time your being attacked the amount of food you have coming in from 32 farms or even 24 can quickly build up hoplites in masses. Alternatively 32 on wood can pump out archers. (Just gotta remember to stop autoque on your town centers). Gaia is the easiest to do a 3TC boom with you can get a TC in Archaic and followed by one in classical. Despite the ease of performing a 3TC boom with Gaia it can get tricky without a seize fire GP. Hades also booms nicely and alows the hades player the backbone for building defenses, towers asap backed by archers.

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde
"I don't think I'm smarter than you because you believe in God. I think I'm smarter than you because you're absolutely nuts. -Stormraider responding to me."
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 21 August 2007 10:40 AM EDT (US)     15 / 40       
I think 2 tc boom safer and better than 3 tc boom

Only reason to 3 tc boom is to maximize your economy even faster, but it is also very risky. I would rather start with 2 tc boom and then when my economy is better, get another TC and start booming out of that too when I can actually handle it.
LightmareNikita
Banned
posted 21 August 2007 10:42 AM EDT (US)     16 / 40       
i did a 6:33 FH with Poseidon once
DragonQ
SC2H Seraph
posted 21 August 2007 11:53 AM EDT (US)     17 / 40       
lol...firstly, what does that have to do with anything? Secondly, rec or lies.

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...
LightmareNikita
Banned
posted 21 August 2007 12:22 PM EDT (US)     18 / 40       
I'm not sure how to post a record cause i never actully needed to, but it was on ghost lake and i had a 6:33 FH.
ephestion
Mortal
posted 21 August 2007 12:24 PM EDT (US)     19 / 40       
Well everyone takes some risk rushes also fail sometimes. So if you take the risk of a 3 TC boom your expecting it to pay off by wearing out your opponent. You can literally send wave after wave of units into battle while the 1 TC Rusher is scared of losing their army because they know they can build up again as quick as you can. The 2 TC boom is nice but your not essentially better off.

1. If opponent has access to Hunt and you don't or you have less fast food sources than them then by booming your hoping to catch up.

2. If you are on a map with low resources but has ample slow food you may aswell get plough upgrade an farm. Booming again pays off.

3. If your opponent just spent food for army and you have nice counters for them you can play cat n mouse while you boom. If they chose woo-gold units they maybe going FH which is dangerous for a boom. You can however, build units as you boom but doing that from 3TC boom is too expensive.

There is no safe passage through classical unfortunately you can't guarantee the settlements you built will be up long enough for the boom unless you have something to defend them. WHich is why Zeus and Hades are less risky than Gaia.

"To love Christ -means not to be a hireling, not to look upon a noble life as an enterprise or trade, but to be a true benefactor and to do everything only for the sake of love for God." —St John Chrysostom
"When one returns to the Greek; it is like going into a garden of lilies out of some, narrow and dark house." -Oscar Wilde
"I don't think I'm smarter than you because you believe in God. I think I'm smarter than you because you're absolutely nuts. -Stormraider responding to me."
Shanks13
Rogue Agent
posted 21 August 2007 07:45 PM EDT (US)     20 / 40       
Forgive me for misunderstand a 3-TC boom. I would assume that someone would be intelligent enough to at least have a basic control on the game before throwing everything into three TCs. Apparently that isn't the case.

LightmareNikita
Banned
posted 21 August 2007 10:45 PM EDT (US)     21 / 40       
and still nobody posted a BO....
thepinkguy
Mortal
posted 21 August 2007 10:48 PM EDT (US)     22 / 40       
well if u are going for a 3 tc boom u should probably use 4-5 of ur foodies because u dont need much food for the tc's

ONLY REAL MEN CAN WEAR PINK!
I AM CANADIAN!
Black_Oni
Mortal
posted 21 August 2007 11:41 PM EDT (US)     23 / 40       
haahhah if the 3TC boom takes to much time try the 4 TC boom lol ahhaha that would be funny

My first Kronos games I played on ESO Mid 2007.
Kronos(me) vs Possy~1600 to 1621 - Failed Raid Good Titan Recovery
Kronos(me) vs Kronos~1621 to 1636 - Very Awesome Successful Krush
Kronos(me) vs Loki~1636 to 1652 - Failed Krush Great Recovery
Member Since - 04-16-2007
Main ESO Names - RmC_Avatar, neva_wins, Norrin Radd
TTK_GeneralNoob
Mortal
posted 22 August 2007 02:13 AM EDT (US)     24 / 40       
I'd go standard 5:30 bo with a few variations:

perhaps try 5 food -> 3 wood -> 3 gold for a start.

Ultimately, the resource you need the most is food, but also you'll need a lot of wood, so try to up with about 6 wood vills. This is where you have to improvise according to the map. If it's low hunt I might try something like

6 food ->3 wood ->3 gold

If it's high food

5 food -> 4 wood -> 3 gold.

Just ideas. ^^ In the end I'd aim for about 10~ vills food, 6~ vills wood, 5 vills gold and 1 vill on favour. this is a rough approximation and you'd want to change the numbers each game.

To sum up:

Try variations on the standard land map 5:30 greek build, try prolly to aim about 5:45~. If you use the 5:30 build as a template, remember you will need slightly more vills on wood if you wish to get archer ranges and tc. If you feel you won't have enough wood, then skip the pick axe grade after you tcs + archery ranges/barracks. I'd recommend some from a group of hunters to build your forward tc, but for your behind tc, I'd probably get 3 outta of 5 of my gold vills and my favour vill + 2 vills made from my tc to make my behind tc. Remember to replenish the gold vills asap though I suggest the favour and gold villies because you really do need wood and food. Early game I'd pur slightly more emphasis on food then wood however. Has time goes on, you will need wood for farms you will need to start changing your econ a little. (Start to prepare for farms around 9-10 mins for a smooth transition).

Just my suggestions... it's been awhile since I've played Hades 3 tc, but I used to know a guy who was 1750~ who did it all the time, and I myself still do it from time to time with excellent results

"The next turn I attacked those that had been attatched, fiendishly fracturing the friendly faction fraction"
-Wartrain.

"Why not do the exciting thing and sit back, boom to a rag and use flaming weapons? - Who would have thought a Thor player could show this level of innovation?"
-Vagabond Tom.

DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 22 August 2007 02:14 AM EDT (US)     25 / 40       
Perhaps the 3 TC boom can be done as a modified variant of the 5 TC boom: You optimize your econ so that you get the three resources in exactly the right ratio for TCs (plus a little extra food for constant vill production), and then you start building on all 5 free settlements with only one vill on each of them. Your opponent will most likely notice that you are booming and start attacking your TCs before they are even completed with his early classical army. That way you quickly lose 2 TCs (probably including your home TC), but the remaining 3 TCs represent a completed 3 TC boom. Not that I resommended such an approach...
I'm not sure how to post a record cause i never actully needed to, but it was on ghost lake and i had a 6:33 FH.
No way.

VB_WhiplashJC
Mortal
posted 22 August 2007 06:05 AM EDT (US)     26 / 40       
mm +1, maybe that was ur classical time/dm/lightning?

bos = watch recs.

anyone watch recs at all? few are quite sucessful, especially the 1st one.

www.vbclan.net - Aussie/Kiwi AoT and AoE3 clan

[This message has been edited by VB_WhiplashJC (edited 08-22-2007 @ 06:08 AM).]

empireofages
AoMH Review Team
posted 22 August 2007 06:38 AM EDT (US)     27 / 40       
i watched them they where not spectacular imho but still quite useful.

Noobs do not excist.
TTK_GeneralNoob
Mortal
posted 22 August 2007 06:52 AM EDT (US)     28 / 40       
" mm +1, maybe that was ur classical time/dm/lightning?"

Rofl?

"The next turn I attacked those that had been attatched, fiendishly fracturing the friendly faction fraction"
-Wartrain.

"Why not do the exciting thing and sit back, boom to a rag and use flaming weapons? - Who would have thought a Thor player could show this level of innovation?"
-Vagabond Tom.

Farrel
Banned
posted 22 August 2007 07:27 AM EDT (US)     29 / 40       
I have no idea why you guys dont believe him. It may not be a good strat but it is very easy to pull off. . .

Here is a 6:26 Poseidon FH on Ghost Lake I did just now.
DragonQ
SC2H Seraph
posted 22 August 2007 08:13 AM EDT (US)     30 / 40       
Well if it has no useful application then it's nothing to boast about then is it?

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames