You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.14 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » hades villie rush?
Bottom
Topic Subject:hades villie rush?
Black_Oni
Mortal
posted 21 August 2007 11:34 PM EDT (US)         
well on the weekend my mom lets me play aom and im ike woot...
anyways ive been messing around with hades and tried the hades villie rush it seemed pretty good cuz his sentinal power and the restoration gp if u go through hera i think....but are there any downsides like civs that this wouldnt work against or any reason why i shoulnt do this strat?

My first Kronos games I played on ESO Mid 2007.
Kronos(me) vs Possy~1600 to 1621 - Failed Raid Good Titan Recovery
Kronos(me) vs Kronos~1621 to 1636 - Very Awesome Successful Krush
Kronos(me) vs Loki~1636 to 1652 - Failed Krush Great Recovery
Member Since - 04-16-2007
Main ESO Names - RmC_Avatar, neva_wins, Norrin Radd
AuthorReplies:
Fwiffo del desierto
Mortal
(id: Fwiffo)
posted 22 August 2007 00:14 AM EDT (US)     1 / 14       
Villager rushes are only good for the lol factor. You'll lose the game if you villy rush with any civ unless you're playing a complete idiot.

Everyone got AIDS and shit
WNxWylde1
Mortal
posted 22 August 2007 00:22 AM EDT (US)     2 / 14       
You mean like 20~ Vils Go Rape the tc, build over and sent it?

Use Ajax as a meatsheild

but if it fails ur screwed lol

and i wouldnt do it in 2v2s because they can hide in their allys bases

i wouldnt do it vs isis or hades eggy

(Hades because of sents/extra HP for Buildings)
(isis, easier mercs)
(eggy just because of mercs)
WNxHellsRavage
Mortal
posted 22 August 2007 00:25 AM EDT (US)     3 / 14       
actually i just saw l clan magic ( top 1 player 2 months ago) beat a 18+ on mediteranean with a vill rush.
Black_Oni
Mortal
posted 22 August 2007 01:32 AM EDT (US)     4 / 14       
well yeah i mean like 20-25 vills ajax and chiron for shields, destroy TC build over it and cast sentinal on it......i dont usually do 2v2 i dunno why

DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 22 August 2007 02:03 AM EDT (US)     5 / 14       
It still is a poor tactics, and Hades does not really have anything going for himself that would make him suitable for this task. His only economic bonus, the Vaults of Erebus, are useless for this purpose, as they pay off far later than this rush. Building hp and sents are nice, but still useless for you because when you manage to raze the enemy TC that early with a successful vill rush and erect a TC of your own there, then you should have won with any civ. Hades' bonuses will not make a difference in that case.

Vill rush is weak, but if you want to do it anyway, then at least use a civ that is better suited for it. Your best bet is Ra, who can teleport his vills right into the enemy base, so you do not need to slowly walk them all over the map while your opp is still gathering and producing. On top of that, you can research his Skin of Rhino tech which will make your vills much hardier. His vill rush is the best there is, IMHO, although it still is not good enough to beat any decent opponent in 1v1.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
WNxWylde1
Mortal
posted 22 August 2007 07:26 PM EDT (US)     6 / 14       
Agreed.
Ubermode
Banned
posted 22 August 2007 08:09 PM EDT (US)     7 / 14       
SUPERDOOPER LOL @HADES VILL RUSH. ARE YOU KIDDING? 1111111
Farrel
Banned
posted 22 August 2007 08:13 PM EDT (US)     8 / 14       
that's nothing compared to my odin vill/oxcart/cow rush

((I use great hunt on the cows ))

[This message has been edited by Farrel (edited 08-22-2007 @ 08:13 PM).]

Black_Oni
Mortal
posted 22 August 2007 09:48 PM EDT (US)     9 / 14       
i watched a recorded game of a hades villie rush its pretty good and the people that it would work on around my lvl (says in shame)

[This message has been edited by Black_Oni (edited 08-22-2007 @ 09:49 PM).]

DragonQ
SC2H Seraph
posted 22 August 2007 09:59 PM EDT (US)     10 / 14       
Vill rush is weak, but if you want to do it anyway, then at least use a civ that is better suited for it. Your best bet is Ra, who can teleport his vills right into the enemy base, so you do not need to slowly walk them all over the map while your opp is still gathering and producing. On top of that, you can research his Skin of Rhino tech which will make your vills much hardier. His vill rush is the best there is, IMHO, although it still is not good enough to beat any decent opponent in 1v1.
I've done it a few times as Ra against Norse and Atlantean. Doesn't really work on water maps, but in most cases it can cripple them so badly that you can just outboom and try to claim all the TCs before the enemy can (you have 2 TCs and vilalgers at both bases - not to mention his herdables/farms and two gold mines now). I don't know why it wouldn't work against 1650+ opponents? I mean you can take their TC, but the better they are, the more chance they have of rebuilding to defeat you. But they've taken a more serious blow than you, and it doesn't take long to get your economy back up either.

EDIT: Remember, although Ra is far more suited to a villager rush than Hades (Set is aswell), you CANNOT do it 100% of the time. It simply will not work vs Egypt, unless you can take the TC before they hit Classical (free towers, mercs, proper-stat Pharaoh + Priest = gg), but that's hard to do. Greeks aren't particularly immune to this strat, but their Arhcaic Hero will make life difficult. The strat is mainly useful vs Atlantean (since their TC is weaker than other races', their villagers suck combat-wise, and no military units at all from Temple/TC except MU after classical, but you'll have many priests), but it happens to work well against Norse since they forward build often so have no defenses at home - plus if you take out their Ox Carts as well as their TC, they're dead unless they had enough resources for another TC, which is unlikely since they would have spent it on advancing early and longhouses etc.

So, because you can't do it 100% of the time, you have to be good at the God in the first place so that you can play "normally" if against Greek/Egypt.

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...

[This message has been edited by DragonQ (edited 08-22-2007 @ 10:47 PM).]

DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 23 August 2007 02:25 AM EDT (US)     11 / 14       
I don't know why it wouldn't work against 1650+ opponents? I mean you can take their TC
And I think you will die trying. Your vills will die before their TC goes down. That's why I think it will not work. Low-rated players may panic and not be fast and coordinated enough with their reaction to your rush, but good opponents will repulse you. I can imagine it work against Attie, because they have less and slower vills, which you can try to keep from repairing the TC by harassing with a vill of your own, and they have a -25% hp penalty on their TC. Then again, a smart Attie would probably set his citizen to Stand Ground (passive) stance so that it will ignore the harassment and still repair the TC, using his great hp to endure your attack until the TC has slain all your villagers.

Black_Oni
Mortal
posted 23 August 2007 03:03 AM EDT (US)     12 / 14       
and not to mention that they build like 3x faster butu could just rape the vill thats repairing thebuilding with all ur vills or ajax/chiron

DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 23 August 2007 05:29 AM EDT (US)     13 / 14       
The higher repair speed of Atl villies is why I suggested using them for repairs on stand ground stance rather than using them for fighting, a task at which they sure do not excel.
butu could just rape the vill thats repairing thebuilding with all ur vills or ajax/chiron
No, you could not. Attie citizens can take quite a beating, and when you really gather all your vills and heroes around one repairing citizen, then that citizen will simply garrison inside the TC and pop out on the other side in order to continue his work. Every second that your vills and heroes are running around his TC in chase of some citizens is a second in which they are not attacking his TC, but his TC keeps firing at your vills which die like flies. You cannot afford this to happen. When you arrive there with all your vill/hero force, you need to bring down his TC asap, not waste your time on other things like trying to kill his citizens in vain. You can, however, try to attack a repairing citizen with only one of your vills and see whether your opp is smart enough to set it to passive stance. In the lower rating areas many are not, and in this case you can chase his citizens off work so that they do not repair his TC, and it will go down faster.

Not that you would have any Greek heroes when you are Ra, and when you are Hades, your vills will be so weak that they stand even less of a chance.

If for some reason you want to do it with Greek, then pick Poseidon. At least he has the Lure power which will help you a little in archaic age. Not that this would suffice to make him a good vill rushor though.

lokiodin
Mortal
posted 23 August 2007 08:25 AM EDT (US)     14 / 14       
restoration gp if u go through hera i think....
rofl. Hera is only available to Zeus, and it is Athena your talking about!

I would so do a villy rush just so I could laugh so hard if I actually won! Either way, I would laugh so hard!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames