You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » What to do as zeus.
Bottom
Topic Subject:What to do as zeus.
yoma
Banned
posted 23 August 2007 01:47 AM EDT (US)         
Ok, i really like playing zeus, but i would like to know what to do in what situation.

SO far i have.
Zeus vs. atty on high hunt: Spam hops
zeus vs. atty on low hunt: argh, horrible matchup, but, cent strangle i guess. keep them chassing cents and not haressing you.

zeus vs. thor: classical fight athena, hop+tox, bring in mino later.
zeus vs. loki: someone said tox and minos???
zeus vs. odin: same as thor

zeus vs. eggy on high hunt: mino+hop rush
is fh ever viable???
fm is great vs. eggy fh

zeus vs. possy
hops+tox, classical fight

zeus vs. hades
argh, another hard matchup....idk what to do here.

Are these strategies ok vs. those civs??
Please give constructive critisim, and please, if you are going to do something different, explain why i should do that.
AuthorReplies:
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 23 August 2007 05:49 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
Against Thor, both Hermes and Athena are viable, although lately the experts tend more to Hermes than Athena. If you do go Athena, then do not delay Minos for "later". Instead, research the Labyrinth of Minos upgrade immediately and then spam Bull minos along with some tox and hops and your Greek heroes. Rush him with that. Have your human units, especially your tox, always focus-fire on any hersirs that he may be bringing. With his hersirs down, nothing can stop your bull minos. If all goes well you can just barge into his home base and destroy everything.

Against Loki, I would definitely go Hermes. Melee myth units are of no use against the fast hersir god Loki in classical age. You want myth units that are not instantly slain by his hersirs, but which can still aid you in fighting his Einherjars and other myth units. Centaurs do a nice job in both respects. They are ranged, so his hersirs have to fight their way through your human melee units in order to get to them, and they enjoy a 2x multiplier against myth, so you can kill his Einherjars from safe range with them. If you can spare a cent or two, you can also send them on a rear raiding mission against his villagers. Ceasefire can buy you an additional minute against his rush. The longer the game lasts, the stronger you become. Loki is only awesome early in the game. Reach the later ages in good shape, and he is no longer a match for you.

Toxotes are definitely called for, as you will be facing lots of hersirs. The need for cents and tox means that you should put high focus on gathering wood, putting less vills on food and more on wood in early classical age. This will also help you to obtain your ranged hero, which is obligatory against Loki's myth armies.
I doubt that this will work against his free towers and the priests that he will most likely mass in such a situation.
is fh ever viable???
Without having experience as Zeus vs Eggy, I expect it even to be the better approach.
zeus vs. hades
Definitely a tough matchup for Zeus. I would go Hermes and spam Hippikons, as he is sure to mass toxotes. Raid him with cents, later also with hipps. Get pierce armor ups when you can afford them.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
Farrel
Banned
posted 23 August 2007 07:54 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
On high hunt vs eggy, forget the minos and just spam hops from 3 barracks. Do building raid, push him off huint asap, and try not to lose many units.

If he tries standard FH, just use gold control. Make sure you have LOS of all gold mines, and take out his migdol when he tries to build. If you must deal with a/e, simply use your hoplite's speed to run from the ancestors, and immediately return to the migdol once it is over.

Using restoration here if necessary, you will win the battle. Remember to have both Jason and Odysseus out for his MUs, bolt one if necessary.

If he doesn't standard FH but starts spamming axemen, mix in some toxotes asap, and try to keep him boxed in. If all fails and he gets a safe gold mine, you should have slowed him down enough to be able to pull back, take 2 or 3 TCs and put economy into overdrive, get mythic with Hephaestus and you should be fine.

This only works on high hunt maps, try it on oasis and you will lose. On low hunt I would suggest 2TC boom, get heroic 9-10 mins and get some fortresses up, along with greek counter units and your 3rd hero.

[This message has been edited by Farrel (edited 08-23-2007 @ 07:55 AM).]

a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 23 August 2007 08:16 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Zeus vs. atty on high hunt: Spam hops
You need to up before 5:00. Try and get a 4:45 up or so. Then make Hippikon/Hop combo. You can go either god vs. Atty. If you advance real late vs. them go Athena. If you advance around 4:45-5:00 go hermes. Let me warn you though, you're going to be in a very tough fight.
zeus vs. atty on low hunt: argh, horrible matchup, but, cent strangle i guess. keep them chassing cents and not haressing you.
Yes, cent rush and then add in hippikons later. Cent rush works on high hunt too, so keep this in mind.
zeus vs. thor: classical fight athena, hop+tox, bring in mino later.
Easiest match up for you. Go to rax and one range and put minos on AQ. First battle (he will have bigger army) use restoration. Then proceed to his homebase.
zeus vs. loki: someone said tox and minos???
Go hermes on this one and go 2 ranges 1 rax and get both heroes. Wall and tower up as he might try Hersir raids. Don't let him get any favor. If he manages to get to heroic, you have ceasefire. It's very important you get to heroic yourself too because he will MU spawn like crazy and even though Greek heroes are strong, 2 are just not enough.
fm is great vs. eggy fh
Yes, I would only do it on marsh/watering hole though.
is fh ever viable???

I have never done one on land im my life as any Greek
You can do two things:

What you said. Makes sure to get all the pierce ups and that Aegis shield for your hops. That way your hops now can counter CA and camels relatively well. You can also two TC boom and not get to heroic till 11 mins. or so. then make pelts/prods.
zeus vs. hades
Greek vs. Greek is very boring. basically you can do whatever you want however cent rush is pretty effective and hades can't do it back to you.
Caboose_Nor
Mortal
posted 23 August 2007 09:40 AM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Thanks guys. I am also trying out Zeus lately.
yoma
Banned
posted 23 August 2007 01:38 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
ok, ill write this down.
Kleinduimpje1
Mortal
posted 24 August 2007 06:51 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
mino's vs loki is not really a good idea. you better replace them by hops or go hermes and raid.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames