You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.21 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Defense tactics vs. Krush
Bottom
Topic Subject:Defense tactics vs. Krush
Jetcar
Mortal
posted 23 August 2007 11:37 AM EDT (US)         
Looking for help against a Kronos rush (my opponent used Prometheus). I used Oranos, and when I found his teleported temple, it was a little late. I was going for a fast heroic so I didn't have much of an army, as I was saving resources to age up.

It took almost all my resources to keep him at bay, and couldn't swing the tide in my favour.

I made the mistake of building another temple thinking he would use his GP on me, and I'd be unable to age up. He didn't....

Personally, I'm new to the game, but I think he was smurfing..it was a two vs two rated game, and his score went up exponentially compared to the 3 other players in the game....

When it seems a little to late, what is the best defense against a Kronos rush? He had lots of hero oracles and prometheans, as well as a few turmas/murms'...

I'd rather be a failure at something I enjoy than a success at something I hate
AuthorReplies:
NiceHorus
Mortal
posted 23 August 2007 11:49 AM EDT (US)     1 / 21       
Don't go fh then even isis can kill krush.

It is just something deadly easy to fight back when you are Oranos. Try to up a bit later than him so you will have similar army but stronger economic. Then just keep on until you kill him.

Turn on cherioballistas because they make massive damage in classical.

Good luck.
DragonQ
SC2H Seraph
posted 23 August 2007 12:35 PM EDT (US)     2 / 21       
Well as Egypt you have free towers - so get the important ones surrounded by houses or drop sites early. Don't FH, just start spamming Slingers and Priests, and then Spear/Axe depending on if he starts making Murmillos or not. You'll need to age up fairly quickly, and also as soon as you start, get a villager on gold so that you can get Hunting Dogs and still make Obelisks - if you make Obelisks all around your base, he can't teleport a Temple without you knowing, then you can kill it with Villagers (it'll hurt him more than you).

By the way, once your Temple is up, you can advance even if it's destroyed. But having 2 is a great idea anyway since you really need the free MU and Priests.

EDIT: Hmmm not sure where I got the idea you were Egypt...probably NiceHorus' post lol. As Oranos (almost typed "orange" there!) you should be able to Advance early easily, and get that second temple up fairly quickly too. I'm not sure if a Tower Upgrade or Murmillos will be more useful for defense though. Don't make too many turmas at the start - Murmillos get +50% vs Turmas and will do a lot of damage (not to mention they make good heroes when using Valour).

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...

[This message has been edited by DragonQ (edited 08-23-2007 @ 12:38 PM).]

andehpandeh
Mortal
posted 23 August 2007 01:20 PM EDT (US)     3 / 21       
Advancing at about 4:30 is easy on high hunt, and wiggling your villies about a bit, you can get a good balance for building turma and murms.

My brother usually plays Oranos - he ups at 4:20 and then spams turma, with murm mixed in...but sends a few turma over to the Krusher. Their economy is indescribably weak at this point, so killing even 1 cit is enough (try aiming for their gold). By then they should be annoyed. And resign.

yoma
Banned
posted 23 August 2007 01:42 PM EDT (US)     4 / 21       
yes, one cit is a big deal, when you only have 5 (or 6 by the time you attack them)

As oranos i would either.
Krush him back or do a 4:00.

I played pc in oranos wars (we are about equal skilled in oranos, not that there is skill involved in oranos) and i do a 5 cit strat and it beats his 4:30
Farrel
Banned
posted 23 August 2007 01:54 PM EDT (US)     5 / 21       
(my opponent used Prometheus)
PROMETHEUS??? LOL NOOB!!!
Jetcar
Mortal
posted 23 August 2007 01:56 PM EDT (US)     6 / 21       
Thanks to all for their replies.

Yoma, can you expand, please? I'm new to the game and I like Oranos. Usually in heroic, I build some sky gates, too.

andehpandeh, should I forgo defending the base and attack his villagers, then, especially gold? This sounds like a sound defense for the situation I was in...

I will likely pump out Cherabollistas and leave them near my TC next time, and try and raid his economy a bit more....

Ubermode
Banned
posted 23 August 2007 04:08 PM EDT (US)     7 / 21       
Farrel reminds me of sunrise.

I concluded they should merge AoMH with AgeS, so all the aomh noobs can hang themselves as their ego is mercilessly rape and ravaged, and i don't have to spend precious minutes trolling/ laughing till my ribs snap.
Farrel
Banned
posted 23 August 2007 04:59 PM EDT (US)     8 / 21       
I remind you of yourself???
andehpandeh
Mortal
posted 23 August 2007 05:09 PM EDT (US)     9 / 21       
Ok, completely ignore Farrel. You don't really want to have a carnivora when there are 3 scout heroes and a prom attacking your starting tower. You need valor.

Well, there are a few solutions.

Tower up - a great drain on resources, but spend the 200w 100g on towers as soon as you advance. Should scare them a little bit, as scout heroes are really weak...

Or you could spend that sexy wood and gold on counterbarracks (crax) and pump turma out...maybe 1 or two chieroballista, if you can afford it, the sooner the better. VALOR the first 5 turma you get, but try to be clever and fit in a citizen, so he gets hero'd. This can be very helpful as they can build the extra crax or barracks (rax) you may need in the future, or just be a better resource gatherer.

Or...rax spam. Murmillo are pretty good against all krushes, and are only countered by cheiro, conveniently being doubly as expensive for them - they won't be able to afford this, this early in the game. However, this means when you're advancing not to go too heavy on wood, as you would need mostly food and gold.

I was saying maybe putting about 3/4 turma aside for a teeny raid? every little helps...
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 23 August 2007 06:22 PM EDT (US)     10 / 21       
As Oranos I would advance the same time as the Kronos and slap down a couple of rax's. Then start spamming Panda bears from your temples. They may be very expensive, but they can take and deal out a lot of damage. Great for stopping rushes.
Black_Oni
Mortal
posted 23 August 2007 06:29 PM EDT (US)     11 / 21       
lol @ Or you could spend that sexy wood and gold on counterbarracks hahah and farrel plz dont post if u dont have anything usefull to say,

anyways when i get krushed as oranos and if i were going for a fast heroic i would just put down 1 counter barrack and 1 military barrack or watever its called (total mind blank out)

and just build a couple of murmillos and sum turmas and throw in like 2-3 charios and fight them off, that way u still save the money for a fast heroic

My first Kronos games I played on ESO Mid 2007.
Kronos(me) vs Possy~1600 to 1621 - Failed Raid Good Titan Recovery
Kronos(me) vs Kronos~1621 to 1636 - Very Awesome Successful Krush
Kronos(me) vs Loki~1636 to 1652 - Failed Krush Great Recovery
Member Since - 04-16-2007
Main ESO Names - RmC_Avatar, neva_wins, Norrin Radd

[This message has been edited by Black_Oni (edited 08-23-2007 @ 08:19 PM).]

Superusername
Mortal
posted 23 August 2007 06:35 PM EDT (US)     12 / 21       
Dont listen to a game a win you should never spam out panda bears they cost way to much bamboo and are way cost inefficent in this situation I would consider using a mix of Apricots and Peaches
WNxWylde1
Mortal
posted 23 August 2007 06:54 PM EDT (US)     13 / 21       
I agree.

oh and about the krush.

Dont Fh against kronos lmao.

And

If he deconstructs ur temple, you can still advance as long as you have build one

(Lmfao)
Farrel
Banned
posted 23 August 2007 06:57 PM EDT (US)     14 / 21       
farrel plz dont post if u dont have anything usefull to say
and just build a couple of destroyes and sum turmas and throw in like 2-3 charios and fight them off, that way u still save the money for a fast heroic
Advising classical destroyers and a fast heroic against a krush. Very useful gj.
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 23 August 2007 07:53 PM EDT (US)     15 / 21       
Although not as useful as a handful of plums or their dried out counter parts; prunes. the enemy sees this and eats them (as they are a very succulent fruit) and immideately goes to the bathroom on the spot (how embarrassing)
Black_Oni
Mortal
posted 23 August 2007 08:18 PM EDT (US)     16 / 21       
farrel i meant to say murmillos and stop being gay with ur 2 line posts, post sumtin useful
and i just fixed up my other post

[This message has been edited by Black_Oni (edited 08-23-2007 @ 08:20 PM).]

Farrel
Banned
posted 23 August 2007 08:21 PM EDT (US)     17 / 21       
Stop being gay with your two line posts.
Black_Oni
Mortal
posted 24 August 2007 04:12 AM EDT (US)     18 / 21       
you stop being gay
with
ur
line posts hahahahahahha

andehpandeh
Mortal
posted 24 August 2007 08:12 AM EDT (US)     19 / 21       
Shanks'll be onto you two. Stop it both of you. xD

Farrel, there's no point of telling Oni off for that. You haven't made a good point in this thread yet.

*EDIT*: Learn to read too.
and just build a couple of murmillos and sum turmas and throw in like 2-3 charios and fight them off, that way u still save the money for a fast heroic
Dunno where you got destroyers from.

You can't get Destroyers in Classical...I think Oni was saying you need to FH (Fast Heroic)...so, build a crax and rax and tower up, should scare him away until you get heroic. You need to keep 300 wood, 300 gold (8 favour, if you're trying to keep him busy with Prometheus) for a Palace so you can start spamming Destroyers. So yeah, keep a few cheiro behind, being covered by your towers, to avoid a full-frontal attack. Be aware they may try to raid you...so keep the cheiro very near the town centre, so they have 360 degree scope in case they raid. Their range should keep the army at bay.

Once you're Heroic, Palace up, and bring some murmillo and contarius into your destroyer army, as well as bringing more cheiro out. So, make another 2 or 3 rax and make 1-2 palaces at your base to make sure you're safe.

You should try build another town centre when you can. This gives population and, of course, another place to pump out citizens for a better eco.

Dunno if anyone else has any better ideas o_0

[This message has been edited by andehpandeh (edited 08-24-2007 @ 08:15 AM).]

Jetcar
Mortal
posted 24 August 2007 08:33 AM EDT (US)     20 / 21       
Wow.

I hate to feed trolls, but... some of you must think I'm pretty clueless. You know who you are.

I guess I just won't post anything else on this forum.

I'm a little surprised, since I'd heard that gamers usually take their online communities seriously, and that having new players join was an opportunity for the community to grow with new blood, and new challenges.

It seems most of you enjoy ridiculing newcomers.
Surprising, because I see lots of sincere and insightful posts in other threads, made by the very people who are acting so childish in this thread.

In this thread, it's all about mocking me, a newcomer to the boards. Well, not all of you, but many of you seem to enjoy it.

The funny part is, in a few minutes/hours from this post going up, many of you will flame me even harder. I'd ask you to look at yourselves at this time, since I thought I was pretty clear in my initial post.

What I asked for was a little help with a defensive strategy, not your insults. It seems improbable, however, that any of you will take personal responsibility, and respond in a mature fashion.

Thanks to those who actually offered sincere tips.

VB_WhiplashJC
Mortal
posted 24 August 2007 08:41 AM EDT (US)     21 / 21       
welcome to aot.

try www.clanranking.net,might be a bit more open to newcomers.

www.vbclan.net - Aussie/Kiwi AoT and AoE3 clan

[This message has been edited by VB_WhiplashJC (edited 08-24-2007 @ 08:45 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames