You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Isis barrack units
Bottom
Topic Subject:Isis barrack units
maggioli
Mortal
posted 24 August 2007 03:09 PM EDT (US)         
Is it feasible to only use them against any civ on any map (all of them, including spears, axeman and slings using one more than the other depending on the oponent)? Then in heroic spam siege and more barracks/ barrack units? Or is this only possible with Set/Ra (because of their upgrades/minor god choices)? I know this is the recommendation against atties and Loki in general, but what about for other civs? What are some of the disadvantages of this approach?
AuthorReplies:
yoma
Banned
posted 24 August 2007 03:22 PM EDT (US)     1 / 2       
Well, the most useful barracks unit is the axe, in my opinion. You will need a few when you fight a loki, or when you must fight a rags.

Slings are actually fairly good (comparable to the greek peltast.)

Spears, in my experience, are terrible units.

If you have forward gold vs. a rushing civ, you must classical fight, or you will lose.

vs. an atty, i would go priest, siege tower, sling, and axe when you see destoryer.

If you do classical fight, go horus,if you can, as he greatly aids the spear, and makes it a very good unit.

[This message has been edited by Yoma (edited 08-24-2007 @ 03:24 PM).]

DragonQ
SC2H Seraph
posted 24 August 2007 03:38 PM EDT (US)     2 / 2       
It is better if facing a rush. Spearmen, as Yoma said, are fairly rubbish. They become far more useful with Horus, but Isis can't get Horus. Nor can she get Ptah or Sekhmet, who together benefit all Barracks Units. Axemen rock vs Norse, and Slingers do great against anyone who makes archers. The best use for Spearmen is agaisnt Poseidon or Atlantean (Spear/Sling rapes Turmas).

If you want to use Barracks Units for early fighting due to their cheapness, Ra or Set is a better choice really.

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...

[This message has been edited by DragonQ (edited 08-24-2007 @ 03:40 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames