You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.22 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Egypt Raiding
Bottom
Topic Subject:Egypt Raiding
ExtraClean
Mortal
posted 24 August 2007 07:37 PM EDT (US)         
Any Suggestions for Egypt classical raiding?
AuthorReplies:
LightmareNikita
Banned
posted 24 August 2007 07:40 PM EDT (US)     1 / 22       
Ur best bet is with ur sphinx and when his hp goes too low, just heal him with priest and raid again, u want to get to heroic as eggy and use barrak units to defend. But i'm not eggy, so that's the best i can do.
yoma
Banned
posted 24 August 2007 07:45 PM EDT (US)     2 / 22       
I suggest to go fh, but a few ideas are....
1. Make spinx. They are amazingly fast when upgraded once, and are amazing when FU.
2. Go anubis. Make like 3 anubites, and raid like crazy.

I don't like Eggy classical fight, because nothing eggy has really kills villagers fast.
Pdroo
Banned
posted 24 August 2007 07:47 PM EDT (US)     3 / 22       
anubities r the ultimate eggy classical raider, in heroic u use CA to murder villagers
invent00r
Mortal
posted 24 August 2007 07:51 PM EDT (US)     4 / 22       
Ur best bet is with ur sphinx
It sodding is not!!!

Anubites are the best raider you can have versus norse and also vs greek!

Main reasons are:
  • They aren't expensive.
  • They can outrun hersirs
  • Their jumping ability makes them almost impossible to catch.

And if they manage to run away with just 1 hp, any priest anytime anyplace anywhere can heal him to full hp.

Damn you Pedroo with your fast posts. . Yes. In Heroic build Chariot Archers and use them as Raiders.

-invent00r

My Work: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

WIP: Master XS Battle Micro AI
    Paused: AI (%4.247)
    Os segredos são de quem os souber guardar.
  • ExtraClean
    Mortal
    posted 24 August 2007 08:05 PM EDT (US)     5 / 22       
    are Anubites good enough for me change gods from Ra to Set?

i refuse to play isis >.<

[This message has been edited by ExtraClean (edited 08-24-2007 @ 08:06 PM).]

DragonQ
    SC2H Seraph
    posted 24 August 2007 09:17 PM EDT (US)     6 / 22       
    i refuse to play isis >.<
    Congratulations! You gain: 10 Respect Points!

Spend them wisely!

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
    I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
    Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
    Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
    There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
    But you can't take the sky from me...
    Black_Oni
    Mortal
    posted 24 August 2007 09:33 PM EDT (US)     7 / 22       
    what about lightmare nikita he refuses to play as anyone! else lol (no offence lightmare) so how much respect points does he get lol

My first Kronos games I played on ESO Mid 2007.
    Kronos(me) vs Possy~1600 to 1621 - Failed Raid Good Titan Recovery
    Kronos(me) vs Kronos~1621 to 1636 - Very Awesome Successful Krush
    Kronos(me) vs Loki~1636 to 1652 - Failed Krush Great Recovery
    Member Since - 04-16-2007
    Main ESO Names - RmC_Avatar, neva_wins, Norrin Radd

[This message has been edited by Black_Oni (edited 08-25-2007 @ 00:19 AM).]

ExtraClean
    Mortal
    posted 24 August 2007 09:43 PM EDT (US)     8 / 22       
    spend them wisely? whats the exchange rate between respect points and the US Dollar again?
    LightmareNikita
    Banned
    posted 24 August 2007 09:51 PM EDT (US)     9 / 22       
    What do u mean i refuse to play anyone?
    what kind of crap is that?

I never refuse a 1v1 battle from anyone, i always fight even if i know i'll lose, cut the crap black_oni and "no offence" doesn't do shit!
    Ironclaw77
    Mortal
    posted 24 August 2007 10:08 PM EDT (US)     10 / 22       
    Yes, yes, Anubites are all very good, they have:

• 60% Hack Armor
    • 13 Hack attack
    • 5.3 Speed
    • 3 Population space
    • 200 hp.
    • Have a 4-8 Range jump attack with 5 second recharge
    • Cost only 100 food, and 15 favor, not to mention their fast training time.

As Etendrof called them:
    raiders of doom
    But then again, most people will not go through Anubis, and even less people will attempt the Isis classical fight.

-Ironclaw77

I R O N C L A W 7 7
    Everything that shines ain't always
    gonna be gold.
    DragonQ
    SC2H Seraph
    posted 24 August 2007 10:09 PM EDT (US)     11 / 22       
    spend them wisely? whats the exchange rate between respect points and the US Dollar again?
    Good point, buying dollars now is awesome because the US Dollar is so weak - means if I put money into online poker accounts, I get the most $ per £ I spend. It's great! Obviously it means I can't take money OUT and convert into £ or I'll get a crap deal...

I'm guessing 1000 Respect Points = $1 = ~50p

ExtraClean
    Mortal
    posted 24 August 2007 11:39 PM EDT (US)     12 / 22       
    LightmareNikita, i believe when he said "you wouldnt play anyone" he meant you wouldnt play any other god besides possy. not that you wouldnt play another human being in a 1v1.
    Black_Oni
    Mortal
    posted 25 August 2007 00:18 AM EDT (US)     13 / 22       
    yes thats what i meant and no offence does do shit it means its not meant to be an insult or dont take it personally dont go psycho u retard

EDIT:also what i posted about was a little compliment about you aswell,meaning ur devoted to ur god!!!

My first Kronos games I played on ESO Mid 2007.
    Kronos(me) vs Possy~1600 to 1621 - Failed Raid Good Titan Recovery
    Kronos(me) vs Kronos~1621 to 1636 - Very Awesome Successful Krush
    Kronos(me) vs Loki~1636 to 1652 - Failed Krush Great Recovery
    Member Since - 04-16-2007
    Main ESO Names - RmC_Avatar, neva_wins, Norrin Radd

[This message has been edited by Black_Oni (edited 08-25-2007 @ 00:22 AM).]

I_N33D_H3LP
    Mortal
    posted 25 August 2007 01:47 AM EDT (US)     14 / 22       
    wat r respect points
    NiceHorus
    Mortal
    posted 25 August 2007 06:45 AM EDT (US)     15 / 22       
    Respecting Points = Nothing. Somebody hates Isis to hell so they just giving off free respecting points to stop people from playing Isis.

I only do Isis myself.

Kinda too lazy to do raiding most of time. Get a hand full of soldiers and defense till Myth, then back bonus at your enemy.

If you really thirsty of raiding (Which I would not recommend at your level), then use chariots to raid.

Both Set and Ra are good. I would personally recommend Ra because Set is far too difficult to use.

Ask chongchong or ask Yoma for how to use Set if you really want it.

Do NOT ever ever go classical fight before you can stay around 1650 (I would say not even you are 1700), and try to rid of the idea of using extra resources on anubites or on sphinx, it is suicide.

They simply takes up too much micro and too many resources, which you would generally spend on your age up. For the early game, every second is precious for eggy.

BTW, use your sphinx to scout is a good idea, or anubite. You can still harass your enemy's villagers, or even kill one or two. Never mind if your sphinx got killed, but if you can have it back, it would be useful. Let your enemy takes their time in defending your raiding, while you hit heroic, then they have lost half of their game.

Hit heroic before 9:00, try to make it around 8:30 or even less if you can.

Regards.
    DragonQ
    SC2H Seraph
    posted 25 August 2007 08:14 AM EDT (US)     16 / 22       
    On good maps, hitting 8:00 Heroic is easy as Ra. By good maps I mean Tundra, Watering Hole, Marsh etc. (high hunt).

The problem with Gods like Set (and Poseidon, Gaia and Odin) is that their bonuses are so poor compared to their counterparts that there is almost nothing they can do that cannot be done better by another God of that civilisation. This usually means they are harder to play and have less specific strats that work well (what I mean is if you do usual Egypt strats as Set, not using his specific bonuses, you may as well play Ra or Isis since they do most stuff better).

NiceHorus
    Mortal
    posted 25 August 2007 09:36 AM EDT (US)     17 / 22       
    As Ra I would say a 7:20 fh is prefered. You probably can make it 6:50 if executed properly.

Even Isis can make 7:40 fh as a normal battle preceed, 8:00 if raided a bit.

Set is extremely good. As set you have an full army of animals as far as in archaic, and you can do a full eco-bonus fh with hitting heroic around 9:00.

Use your priests well as animals summoner, then you will can almost guarantee to take out enemy main tc on hitting heroic.

(Vision + Shift sand + ancestors). Preferable shift all your animals and pharaoh and around 5 to 10 villagers, rebuild over enemy tc immediately (with pharaoh empowering) after taking it down, while leave all your home villagers on gold, so you can immediately spam mercenaries as your tc is finished.

Simply this tatic alone can bring you up to 1700. Atty is extremely vulunerable to this attack, so is norse (Not loki though). Don't do this on greek or eggy.

Vs. eggy kill his obelisks and priests in archaic with your animals, then you leave your enemy in darkness until classical. Harass enemy with 4 to 5 priests so you may even take out his sphinx, then your enemy can't even scout until heroic. This is huge advantage, and as set you have better slingers and cheaper miggy, spam miggs and some slingers, then you rox. Remember to up grade your ptah tech on farming/slingers though.

Vs. Greek still make a full attack on hitting heroic, you may want to to through Sket. in heroic, for his uber chariots and his scarabs. Under the cover of animals you can still take out greek's tc, maybe side tc is easier for you to take out. After that you have cleared your population and made spaces for chariots, try to build your second tc or third one as soon as possible, while your enemy in recovery, he may try to do cease fire, which will allow you to build your side tc safely, preferable closer to him. Put more villi on gold and start trade, so you can be ready to spam mercenaries once cease fire goes off and your enemy start to attack on your front tc.

Something to remember about greek is that don't go too agressive when you are not 100% certain about winning, and even if you are on 100% certain, try to save some of your units. Make less elephants in general vs. greeks, as their infantry and archers combination is simply too deadly. Your uber chariots are prefered but make sure you don't let them waste fires on buildings. You can always use them to cover scarabs and siege towers. Focus your 24 ranged chariots fire on heroes so they don't damage your scarabs too much, and force him to use villagers or human soldiers to take out the scarab, so scarab blood will damage them greatly. You probably need to scarfice one scarab to guarantee your army have enough advantage vs. enemy units (As they are injured). Always put your scarab straightly to buildings, preferably to houses or towncenters or fortress.

Don't ever let a Zeus/Hades get to myth. If they do spam some priests (10+) and try to take out their temple, at least forward temple. Errect your miggy at every single point of the map where you can, and make sure you have king of valley/champion elephants/iron armory/tusk researched, then spam elephants at every miggy, once a miggy is attacked by full greek army, shift on chariots in that miggy immediately, while let your elephants damage your enemy buildings (TC or houses first) on every corner. You need 2 Thoth elephants to take out a TC, or 3 if there are some villagers harrassing your elephants. Set the ready points of your miggy directly into his base (The miggies closest to his base), and rest miggy you can either choose to stop producing or do a bit research on chariots (Heavy/champion).

Your miggy is an incredible massive spam building, which you only need one to erase an enemy base. The only thing would probably stop you would be populations, as economics at this stage (around 18:00) is no longer a problem for eggy players.

Make sure you can get the tc closest to your enemy possible, then spam mercenaries from there into enemy tc, set ready points there and do not stop making mercenaries.

By this stage your enemy probably want to research titan now. Do NOT research titan yourself as titan is suicide for eggy. Continuing making elephants/mercenaries/sieges/chariots and take out every thing you can see. Your 24 ranged chariots are pretty much matchless.

Research that Omeni. thing in temple, to see what your enemy still has by this stage, if he don't resign by now.

KK, back again, is set a weak god? It only doesn't have the bonus of monument shield, and Bast bonus. However, Set doesn't really need that shield anyway.

Last thing, never cast citedal at front settlement. Always do it at your home tc, because it will hold 10 extra populations which will bring incredible bonus in long term.

And, on maps like Oasis where herdables are the only food source, vision + shift once you hit classical and shift all enemy herdables into your own base, then you will have incredible amount of food while your enemy will be starved, and maybe lose two or three villagers because of shifting sand sends them into the center of your tc and they die off there very fast.

Remeber, shift sand only can send 4 or 5 enemy units, but can shift ALL units of your own. So other than oasis, never shift enemy things cause it is a bit waste.

This is a 1700++ Set strategy. Good luck.

(Never forget to up grade your economics, and make villagers until maximum.)
    ExtraClean
    Mortal
    posted 25 August 2007 11:15 AM EDT (US)     18 / 22       
    okay, nicehorus, is most of that the same for ra(minus the animal bits)? ty for the help so far^^

UPDATE: well i just tried a fh and i ended up with a 9:44 and just about then the guy came at me wit a handful of turmas and murms and my couple of axes and slings died, i build migdol, he got to heroic about then and his behometh and some more murms killed my migdol and another rax i had just made and started killing my gold villies. then i resigned. can someone give me a rough buildorder, doesnt have to be exact, so i can see what i did wrong? i was using ra

[This message has been edited by ExtraClean (edited 08-25-2007 @ 11:48 AM).]

WNxWylde1
    Mortal
    posted 25 August 2007 12:40 PM EDT (US)     19 / 22       
    lol fh vs atty >.<

and it was kinda late.

[This message has been edited by WNxWylde1 (edited 08-25-2007 @ 12:41 PM).]

ExtraClean
    Mortal
    posted 25 August 2007 12:45 PM EDT (US)     20 / 22       
    no fh vs atty? just lost another attempt at a fh vs one

just played another game against gaia and i think i was right on target to get a fh a lot faster than i did in my last game. but right as im getting ready to make my armory a couple of turmas show up and raidmy gold and so i get up a barracks but cant make any slingers because i havent gotten any wood and hes destroyed my temple with carnivora now and i have no idea what to do so i do a villy rush, but he did tower upgrade and it failed... so i resigned

[This message has been edited by ExtraClean (edited 08-25-2007 @ 12:47 PM).]

Ubermode
    Banned
    posted 25 August 2007 07:27 PM EDT (US)     21 / 22       
    isis is regarded as being the noobs way of getting to 1800. if you have played isis for over 2 months and haven't gotten 1800 you are either a) mentally retarded, or b) doing something incredibly wrong.
    BlackSun88
    Banned
    posted 25 August 2007 07:29 PM EDT (US)     22 / 22       
    Lol at Isis bashing, loving it. xD
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames