You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Favor = Forced Tribute to Invincible Player
Bottom
Topic Subject:Favor = Forced Tribute to Invincible Player
First_Timothy
Mortal
posted 15 January 2002 12:57 PM EDT (US)         
I just realized that favor is just like tribute in AOE and AOK. I don't know about the rest of you, but I always liked to win or lose by brute force on my own in AOE/AOK. I would rather have died trying than paid tribute when offered. But think about it. In an AOM 2-player game, it is really like a 4-player game with two invincible super-powers, the gods of each culture, and two lesser civs battling it out for 3rd and 4th place. Favor is like paying tribute to 1 of the 2 players you can't beat in an effort to wipe out the 4th player. Not that I am opposed to the concept, but that's what it is.

─ First_Timothy ─> 1 Timothy 1:5 <─ The goal is love. ─
AuthorReplies:
Woadie
Mortal
(id: WoadRaider)
posted 15 January 2002 02:33 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
Think of it more like EE where the prophet makes earthquakes, firestorms, ect.

Woadie: Sarcastic Commie b@$t@rd
Shameless blog plug!
vladimir87
Mortal
posted 15 January 2002 02:48 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
Well, I can see how you think this, but I do not get why...

Is building a paladin tributing resources to another player, who gives you units in return? no, of course not...

Rather, it isn't like there are other players, why think about it that way? ACtually, you are the one buying the god power, and you are the one using it. I don't see how you get that realisation when you control everything about the gp, not the "invisible gods". It is your gp, and your favor. Its just like buying a unit...

now that I think about it though, this is not true. We just found favor does not buy gp. They come by the ages... So there is no arguement at all if you think about it, as favor is just for mus I would think

thawky
Mortal
posted 15 January 2002 06:52 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
The difference with favor is you actually get something in return...it's not "Give favor or die". Rather, it's "Give favor and we help you, otherwise you die." Note the otherwise.

thawky
I'm heaven sent...don't you dare forget.

My tongue's the only muscle on my body that works harder than my heart.

Foe_Hammer
Mortal
posted 15 January 2002 07:59 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
plus the gods dont gain by recieving tribute and giving you units

I come from under the hill , and under the hill and over the hills my paths have led. And through the air. I am he that walks unseen. I am the clue-finder, the web-cutter, the stinging fly.I was chosen for the lucky number.
I am he that buries his friends alive and drowns them and draws them alive again from the water. I came from the end of a bag, but no bag went over me. I am the friend of bears and the guest of eagles. I am Ringwinner and Luckwearer; and I am Barrel-rider

[This message has been edited by Foe_Hammer (edited 01-15-2002 @ 08:00 PM).]

Last_Knight
Mortal
posted 16 January 2002 01:23 AM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
So... with that way, you can say every AoK resource is a tribute to someone...
Food: tribute to the towncenter so they'll release essential villagers and invent essential techs...
Stone: tribute the the God of castles&towers inc., who helps you building castles and towers.

you get the idea...

Favor is a just resource, and a very useful one.

The Last Knight
Grasshoppers are cheap, nutritious, tasety,Kosher and easy to dissect
ES_DeathShrimp
Immortal
posted 16 January 2002 12:03 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
I think you are giving the gods too much credit.

Sure you "spend" Favor to "buy" stuff, and we wrap it all up in a mythological package, but it really isn't that different from any of a number of other strategies you could try. The gods may give you the tools, but the fate of your town is still in your hands.

shelper
HG Alumnus
(id: Smileyshelper)
posted 16 January 2002 01:41 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       

Quote:

Stone: tribute the the God of castles&towers inc., who helps you building castles and towers.

ROFL for some odd reason i almost fell out of my chair laugher after reading that sentance

(well ok not falling out of the chair, but you get the point)

It's like watching a flock of clown-like apes trying to navigate a ship, even though the ship has in fact been stranded on some kind of reef for about 7 years and none of the apes have noticed it yet. -Drahnier on OD moderation.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames