You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.14 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Aom or EE?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Aom or EE?
Kourosh
Mortal
posted 18 January 2002 01:30 PM EDT (US)         
Do you guys really think aom is going to be a better game than Empire Earth?

If so, tell me why.

AuthorReplies:
Stone_Giant
Mortal
posted 18 January 2002 01:46 PM EDT (US)     1 / 14       
See one of my responses in one of the other 500,000,000 AoM vs EE posts .

Stone_Giant

Guderian
Mortal
posted 18 January 2002 01:50 PM EDT (US)     2 / 14       
I think that Cossacks is a better game than EE, I do belive that AOM will be better than EE also.

I think that EE has some issues, like system requirements that haven't been adressed properly, fx. crashes due to Athlon motherboard/chipsets - It seems that everybody I have heard complaining about low framerate in EE also posesses an athlon machine, 95% anyway.

The graphics are chunky and not very good looking, the trees make me think of huge bonzais, the zoom isn't very well thought out, or can zoom out long enough to get a better picture of your status.

(and I have a Geforce 2 card with 64 mb ddr ram, so don't tell me that my graphics card is not big enough)

The formations become rather useless when you reach atomic age.

I'm Danish - so sue me!

My bloody signature

vladimir87
Mortal
posted 18 January 2002 02:10 PM EDT (US)     3 / 14       
I hope you are being sarcastic... This game is by ES. EE isn't...

Oh man, AOM is gonna to destroy EE, though EE is a great game...

-Vladimir87

Last_Knight
Mortal
posted 18 January 2002 02:12 PM EDT (US)     4 / 14       
I think that thread belongs to the "EEH's games comparisons forum", not here. The issue was over-discussed.

I didn't buy EE because I don't wanna get "addicted" to a new game, and because my system won't run the game properly.

The Last Knight
Grasshoppers are cheap, nutritious, tasety,Kosher and easy to dissect

[This message has been edited by Last_Knight (edited 01-18-2002 @ 03:00 PM).]

Partizan
Mortal
posted 18 January 2002 05:57 PM EDT (US)     5 / 14       
EE is very good game but it lacks a lot of features i thought were gonna be in it....unlimited resources suck.....frame rates r low.....there is no rating system like in zone. While it is a very good game it just hasnt met my expectations but AOM looks like it will =)
SoR_Anarchy
Mortal
posted 18 January 2002 07:12 PM EDT (US)     6 / 14       
EE is a good game, but it cuts a few corners. If AoM isn't better then EE i will be very disapointed.

God Bless America.

I am the state.

Ace Cataphract
HG Alumnus
(id: Ace_Cataphract)
posted 19 January 2002 04:24 PM EDT (US)     7 / 14       
Eh...hard to decide we really can't say which is better in this stage of development ,but it depends what your interests are. If you like all of world HISTORY or SCI-FI then EE is better ,but if you like ancient MYTHOLOGY AoM is better. But disaster wise AoM is definitely gonna be better, I mean in EE a prophet throws some malaria, plague, makes a volcano, a hurricane ,or an earthquake, while in AoM it's gonna rain meteors, thunder will wreck the land, and other extremely destructive forces will occur, that won't leave a man standing and the ground scarred.

I put a dollar in one of those change machines. Nothing changed. ~George Carlin
Bronze_Giant 7
Mortal
posted 19 January 2002 04:38 PM EDT (US)     8 / 14       
EE sucks! graphics suck! game sucks!
AoM rules! graphics rule! game rules!
ThorsHammer_
Mortal
posted 19 January 2002 07:38 PM EDT (US)     9 / 14       
I havent played EE, and of course I havent played AoM.

But when EE came out, and I went to the store to check it out..I nearly had a heart attact. It looks so HORRIBLE. But AoM looks a tad on the blocky side, but it still looks like its gonna be terrific. I just cant wait to get it. I really hope they have an open BETA.

Kaziglu Bey
Mortal
posted 19 January 2002 09:24 PM EDT (US)     10 / 14       
As mentioned earlier there is a Heavengames site specifically for Empire Earth, and its forum does even have a specific subgroup for comparing the game with others. Flames are abundant of course, but it's better to have then there than here, right? That forum is quite good too and I frequented it as long as I was playing the game.

http://ee.heavengames.com/

[This message has been edited by Kaziglu Bey (edited 01-19-2002 @ 09:29 PM).]

Sir_Deraj
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 10:11 PM EDT (US)     11 / 14       
*laughs*
EE is a good game I have it but alot of gamers bought it thinking it was the next Age of Empires and then found out it wasnt and know it sits on the shelf.So the EE expansion pack which realeases a month before AOM will get absolutly none of the gamers who thought it was the next Age of empires and even less players like me who wont spend the money on a new game when AOM is coming out in a month and will be far better then EE.There is hardly any comparison between the games EE wont match up to AOM.EE has a crappy multiplayer service all you players that play on the zone adn complain try out the Sierra service and msn gaming zone will seem like heaven,Msn gaming zone is good anyway.EE mises alot of nice features that AOM wil have one is recorded games and while the guys at ES are working hard at making there games wiht even lest lag EE makes a game that drops at least 1 person per game in only a 2v2 matchup!

I came
I saw
I conquered
PROUD MEMBER OF THE LONELY KNIGHTS CLAN
Seqenenre Tao
posted 21 January 2002 01:19 AM EDT (US)     12 / 14       
I like AOM, but has anyone heard of Warrior Kings?

Here are some Warrior Kings stuff.
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/previews/0,10869,2811208,00.html

Im gonna get Warrior Kings to keep me happy until AOM is released.

Screens:
http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters/products/screenindex/0,11104,370602,00.html

~}Kataastaas, Kagalang-galang ng Katipunan ng mga Anak ng Bayan{~
(The High, Honorable Society of the Sons of the People)
Mabuhay ang Maharlika!

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/wellletsseehere.jpg
Foe_Hammer
Mortal
posted 21 January 2002 01:29 AM EDT (US)     13 / 14       
i saw a pic of Warrior kings in my pcgamer and thought it looked cool..but i have made a few gambles on games and only came up with 1 good game out of 5

I come from under the hill , and under the hill and over the hills my paths have led. And through the air. I am he that walks unseen. I am the clue-finder, the web-cutter, the stinging fly.I was chosen for the lucky number.
I am he that buries his friends alive and drowns them and draws them alive again from the water. I came from the end of a bag, but no bag went over me. I am the friend of bears and the guest of eagles. I am Ringwinner and Luckwearer; and I am Barrel-rider

Partizan
Mortal
posted 21 January 2002 06:47 PM EDT (US)     14 / 14       
i saw warrior kings! from what ive seen it looks awesome (but i thought that about EE too)

we'll just have to wait and c

"Remember man that thou art dust;
and unto dust thou shalt return"

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames