You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Analysis on the new ES Mythological Units Poll (Jan/17/02)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Analysis on the new ES Mythological Units Poll (Jan/17/02)
Immhotep
Mortal
posted 19 January 2002 01:47 AM EDT (US)         
I voted for the Cyclops . kay, on to the poll:

Current numbers as of Jan/21/02:

Anubite: 13.92%

Phoenix: 13.14%
Valkyrie: 12.11%
Minotaur: 10.57%

Cyclops: 9.28%
Fire Giant: 6.96%
Frost Giant: 6.70%

Medusa: 6.44%
Mummy: 5.15%
Colossus: 4.90%

Chimera: 3.35%
Mountain Giant: 2.58%
Scarab: 2.32%

Wadjet: 1.29%
Avenger: 1.29%

Total Votes: 388

ANALYSIS

15th) {last) on the poll} Avenger - needs better graphics
14th) Wadjet - needs publicity. I don't even know what it is

13th) Scarab - way down on the poll probably because people saw him got squished by two Minotaurs in the Jan/14 Screenshot. ROTFL. Perhaps ES could make a Scarab God Power that would unleash bug sized ones like in the movie The Mummy. That would be pretty radical
12th) Mountain Giant - he's down on the poll, and that might have to do with his having no special ability we have seen, yet.

11th) Chimera - needs some publicity and better graphics
10th) Colossus - This guy rocks when he used to fight with his clenched fists! He looked much more devastating, until he got the swords...which make him look so clumsy.

9th) Mummyhaven’t seen him in a SS before. The only reason he got a couple of votes might have to do with The Mummy Returns movie . Other than that I don’t see why.
8th) Medusashe will rock da house!

7th) Frost Giantthis guy looks pretty cool! Yeah he is cool, too , but he’s way too slow in the ES movie, and seems to be an ineffective myth unit. He takes way too long to freeze even a foot soldier. I’d say make him freeze faster, or players will just put him next to their sheep and boars to keep them from rotting.
6th) Fire Giant - He looked messed up after they gave him plastic surgery . He used to look pretty dang 'hot'

5th) Cyclopsawesome finishing move, although it’s could be quite inefficient, since he takes too long to execute it. Definitely needs some improvement there, otherwise he would just be a trophy fighter.
4th) Minotaurlooks good, and fights even better. He will be one of the most popular units, without a doubt!

3rd) Valkyriehmm…I don’t know what this unit is . It must look pretty cool to get this much votes
2nd) Phoenixdazzling unit. Don’t see it needs any improvement

and the current leader is…

1st) Anubitewas there any doubt that this guy will get the most votes? How about The Mummy Returns movie and awesome fighting skills in the ES movie, for starter?! Personally, I think the Anubis would look much better if they give him more of a jackal look by giving him longer fangs and adding more hair and muscles. (Just a little curious, shouldn’t ES call them “Anubis”, instead of Anubite, with “ite”)?

Who will win in the battle of "the most favorite mythological units"? Stay tuned and find out!

[This message has been edited by Immhotep (edited 01-21-2002 @ 00:36 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
shelper
HG Alumnus
(id: Smileyshelper)
posted 19 January 2002 06:00 AM EDT (US)     1 / 9       
as far as i recall anubis is a god, so they called it anubite, which is basicly a unit that looks like the anubis

i think

It's like watching a flock of clown-like apes trying to navigate a ship, even though the ship has in fact been stranded on some kind of reef for about 7 years and none of the apes have noticed it yet. -Drahnier on OD moderation.
InsaneCow
Mortal
posted 19 January 2002 11:05 AM EDT (US)     2 / 9       
Hopefully this poll is a list of all the units in AOM, even thought it says "mythological characters" not units. I personally would want to see valkyries make it in the final version of AOM, but the wadjet (or how ever it's spelled) from one of L_K's old posts intrigues me.

I am very surprised to see the Avenger in last place, because at the time of the AusGamer videos, it was very popular. The Chimera fire breath attack looks sweet, and now all 3 cultures have a fire unit:
Norse: Fire Giant (duh)
Greek: Chimera
Egyptian:Pheonix

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
Michael Jackson is innocent!
G-Dubs is the greatest president evah!

[This message has been edited by InsaneCow (edited 01-19-2002 @ 11:08 AM).]

shelper
HG Alumnus
(id: Smileyshelper)
posted 19 January 2002 02:16 PM EDT (US)     3 / 9       
fire related beeings are very popular in myths

oh, and a bit OT

you rule insane cow!

It's like watching a flock of clown-like apes trying to navigate a ship, even though the ship has in fact been stranded on some kind of reef for about 7 years and none of the apes have noticed it yet. -Drahnier on OD moderation.
InsaneCow
Mortal
posted 19 January 2002 02:41 PM EDT (US)     4 / 9       
Why is that Smileyshelper? Because I hope that the Norse will get the sweet valkyries added to their list of MUs? Norse valkyries, if included, could be my new favorite unit.

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
Immhotep
Mortal
posted 19 January 2002 05:43 PM EDT (US)     5 / 9       
(7up)
ThorsHammer_
Mortal
posted 19 January 2002 07:31 PM EDT (US)     6 / 9       
They cant call it Anubis, becuase Anubis is a god, and those mythological units are servants of Anubis, not Anubis himself. Thus "Anubite".
InsaneCow
Mortal
posted 19 January 2002 09:54 PM EDT (US)     7 / 9       
Update:

15-Avenger: 1.83%
14-Mountain Giant: 1.83%
13-Wadjet: 1.83%

12-Scarab: 2.56%
11-Chimera: 3.30%
10-Colossus: 4.76%

9-Mummy: 5.49%
8-Fire Giant: 6.59%
7-Frost Giant: 6.96%

6-Medusa: 7.33%
5-Cyclops: 9.52%
4-Minotaur: 10.26%

3-Valkyrie: 11.36%

2-Phoenix: 12.45%

1-Anubite: 13.92%

It's all tied up for last place...

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!

[This message has been edited by InsaneCow (edited 01-19-2002 @ 09:54 PM).]

Last_Knight
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 01:30 AM EDT (US)     8 / 9       
Good post, Immhotep

Maybe the avenger got the last place because it's close-up graphics (in the screenshots page) don't make him look good, and it's the animation that counts. Also the fact ES released so little info about that "mythologically-unknown unit" made him disadvantaged.

I woted for the Phoenix, it looked amazing in the aus videos.

The Last Knight
Grasshoppers are cheap, nutritious, tasety,Kosher and easy to dissect
Immhotep
Mortal
posted 21 January 2002 00:51 AM EDT (US)     9 / 9       
Updates:

Current numbers as of Jan/21/02:

Anubite: 13.92%

Phoenix: 13.14%
Valkyrie: 12.11%
Minotaur: 10.57%

Cyclops: 9.28%
Fire Giant: 6.96%
Frost Giant: 6.70%

Medusa: 6.44%
Mummy: 5.15%
Colossus: 4.90%

Chimera: 3.35%
Mountain Giant: 2.58%
Scarab: 2.32%

Wadjet: 1.29%
Avenger: 1.29%

Total Votes: 388
--------------

Comments:

- Anubite is still in 1st place
- Phoenix has jumped from 3rd to 2nd place! (Good news for Phoenix's fans . Bad new for Pegasus' fans...oh wait a minute...pegasus is not on the poll! (?))

- Fire giant has jumped up 2 spots to 6th place! (This guy is still hot )
- I forgot which units moved down, hehe. I only kept track of the ones that moved up. Well...doesn't make any difference heh .

Ok enough for now. I'll update the list as more changes take place. Laters .

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames