Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » An idea
Bottom
Topic Subject:An idea
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 03:06 AM EDT (US)         
What if you could take a couple villagers and disband them to start their own allied civilization? You would have to disband them and forefeit an amount of resources equal to a Town Center. You would be essentially giving them enough resources to build a Town Center. The ally civilzation would be completely out of your control and would function as an AI ally. It would be VERY costly to disband two villagers and forefeit enough resources to build a Town Center early in the game. However, it could work out in the long run as long as your opponent didn't rush both civilizations quickly since you would be slowed down and the ally you were creating would start with two villagers, one Town Center, and absolutely no resources. Perhaps you could even give them extra resources, except whatever resources you gave them would come out of your stockpile. You could only do this once so you don't wind up with an unlimited number of AI players.

How about this instead? Maybe this could only be done with certain mythological units. There could be a mythological unit that could function as a villager. You could take two of them and give them resources. They would start an ally civilization. If you only had one mythological creature type capable of this, the number of AI players would be limited by that factor if only one AI ally could be created for each type. Could you imagine releasing two minotaurs onto the map and giving them resources to start an allied civilization? Later in the game, they could ride in out of nowhere and save the day. However, this would require those mythological units to have somewhat of their own civilization structure.

AI allies would only be enabled if three or fewer players were playing. This would limit the number of players to six. Also, once an AI ally was created, perhaps they could be stolen over by the enemy and you could steal his allies through diplomacy.

[This message has been edited by Newbie (edited 01-20-2002 @ 03:20 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Last_Knight
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 09:45 AM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
With limited resources on the map, I wouldn't like that my units will split up and start allied civs, who will waste the resources on my area for a stupid AI player I can't control.

The Last Knight
Grasshoppers are cheap, nutritious, tasety,Kosher and easy to dissect
InsaneCow
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 01:02 PM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
I agree with L_K, I think it would be a waste of resources.

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
Michael Jackson is innocent!
G-Dubs is the greatest president evah!
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 01:31 PM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
They wouldn't have to suck resources out of your area of the map. You could send them off to start a civilization in a different area. Of course, they might get wiped out and you would have no idea. It would be a gamble. This ould work better in a one-one-one game on a gigantic map.
vladimir87
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 01:33 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
I dont like this idea no offense.

Why on earth would you waste resources building an AI ally. I learned from my AI recording thread that it is VERY hard to get a good ai, so why waste your resources to build a pathetic ally. I mean,your wasting a lot of resources to do this (unless teh pc cheats) and then they will be wiped out quick if your playing anyone remotely good...

The only advantage is for the ally to help you get more then 200 guys on your side, but they just waste their guys by sending them at the castle with no support.

Too hard to control. The vills would decide to build the base right next to the enemy army, and that's the end of that.

-Vladimir87

edit/ limited to 6 players? But there are 16 player spots? huh?

and send minotaurs with their own civ structures... uh... /edit

[This message has been edited by vladimir87 (edited 01-20-2002 @ 01:36 PM).]

Last_Knight
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 05:25 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
Newbie: splitting power isn't a good idea. Don't forget that 2 players have to research each technology 2 times, they have to build 2 blacksmiths and 2 universities while one player can build only one... so instead of letting a stupid AI player build his base in a random place in the map, just build yourself another base somewhere else in the map.

The Last Knight
Grasshoppers are cheap, nutritious, tasety,Kosher and easy to dissect
deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 09:57 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
what about this, the ability to join two empires together and let the players become co-op in the middle of a game.

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
SoR_Anarchy
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 11:09 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
I dunno why i would wanna make a separate civ and not have control of them. I would rather have direct control over them. Interesting idea but it isn't very practical.

God Bless America.

I am the state.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames