You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.28 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Suggestions!!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Suggestions!!
Hercules
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 09:33 AM EDT (US)         
1. I think villagers should be able to sleep, eat, have breaks, die of age and fulfil their entertainment desire and not only gather resources. And each villager should think different. What I mean is: Villagers/warriors/sailors/guards should go on with their lives and they should have unique personalities? For instance: Henry Egyptian should think that the civilisation should think more of the economy than conquering. And Eric Norse should think that the civ should have more entertainment. And Ricky Greek sleeps more than he fights.
2. I said guards and sailors because in AoK there was no sailors in ships and no guards in towers, castles and fortifications and I think that would be cool.

This was some of the things I would like to see in AoM. I know the Unique Personality Generator is a little impossible but it could be cool anyway!

AuthorReplies:
Last_Knight
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 09:39 AM EDT (US)     1 / 28       
Welcome to the forums

I don't think the game will be playable if we'll mess with little things like letting the villies sleep.
And do you wanna lose a game just because your hero loves to sleep, while the other player's hero loves to fight?

The idea of making a good game is making it as fun as possible (while keeping the game's theme), but not making it as realistic as possible, if it takes the fun away.

The Last Knight
Grasshoppers are cheap, nutritious, tasety,Kosher and easy to dissect

[This message has been edited by Last_Knight (edited 01-20-2002 @ 09:42 AM).]

Stone_Giant
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 10:49 AM EDT (US)     2 / 28       
Correct. Gameplay comes before over History, ALWAYS

Oh - and welcome to the forums!

Stone_Giant

[This message has been edited by Stone_Giant (edited 01-20-2002 @ 10:52 AM).]

cow_gone_mad
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 10:56 AM EDT (US)     3 / 28       
play tropico, and see that noone should care for what a single pep thinks, just use the whole pop stats

(only played demo)

moooooooooooo

Ex-Preacher of the "CHAOTIC FUN". It ain't dead. Punk never died either.
From a country in "OLD Europe" and in line with Cuba and Libya!
Consequence: Is sun tanned. Drinks rum. Smokes Cigars. Is Polygam.
*loves RUMSFELD* Late Night Shows can concern themself with Politics now.
I hate NO ONE (Exception: my arch-enemy and angel Winston, whom I wish death each time i see his name), everything else is joking.
And Immortal of the Mageslair: http://www.mageslair.net
Real
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 11:06 AM EDT (US)     4 / 28       
I also think it should be like in the former AoE games 'cause it was perfect there and imagine an AoK game where your villies and soldiers wanna sleep etc. - annoying, eh?!

And welcome here!

Where's paradise?...............AoM is....In war there're only loosers!
Paradise is in your heart - ..gonna come! Love is the soul's blood!
open your heart and you'll be in paradise!..There's no uncertainty, there's only hope!
What's the difference between a raven?...What's yellow and hangs in a tree?
Nothing...its legs are both equal, all about the right one!...=> A blue couch!
Real may say he leaves...but be sure, he'll come back!
IV1066
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 11:07 AM EDT (US)     5 / 28       

Quote:

2. I said guards and sailors because in AoK there was no sailors in ships and no guards in towers, castles and fortifications and I think that would be cool.

Looks as though you'll have sailors, that is, you'll be able to see what you garrison on ships. I don't know about seeing people on towers though, I think it'd look rather silly. Imagine fitting 5 units into the one square tower... not cool.

Real
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 11:21 AM EDT (US)     6 / 28       
But one thing which wouldn't look silly or make the game less fun to play is that the aiege weapons should get .. soldiers who ... dunno the word, but I think you know what I mean!

I think that wouldn't make problems...

Where's paradise?...............AoM is....In war there're only loosers!
Paradise is in your heart - ..gonna come! Love is the soul's blood!
open your heart and you'll be in paradise!..There's no uncertainty, there's only hope!
What's the difference between a raven?...What's yellow and hangs in a tree?
Nothing...its legs are both equal, all about the right one!...=> A blue couch!
Real may say he leaves...but be sure, he'll come back!
IV1066
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 11:32 AM EDT (US)     7 / 28       
Making siege look good with soldiers manning it is a waste of time, imo. It looks fine without men, and I'd rather the ES artists busy themselves with other artwork.
vladimir87
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 12:48 PM EDT (US)     8 / 28       
forgive my sarcasm but...

Vladimir87- "Stupid vill! Quit playing cards and go get some wood! I need a navy come on get of your butt!"

Villager: "Shut up you idiot. I'm too lazy to get wood, or anything. Haham flush! Gimme that fish you gambled George. Well waht I was saying is if you wanna make a navy, you build your own raft! Go away!"

Vladimir87: "I'm warning you I am gonna use force. You do what I say, cuz I am the general. NOW GET WOOD!!! YOU BETTER CHOP IT FAST TOO!!"

Villager: "Shut up I'm tired. I am tired of working my tail off for your need of violence. Sign a treaty why don't ya. I got 50 food, roughly 1/2 of a deer, to be trained, and I haven't eaten in 4 days since! You only care about sending down the meteors don't ya! I never get anything, except a little stat at teh end of the game at how much stuff I collected. SHUT UP!"

Vladimir87- "You moron! The teams are locked, so I can't ally! And if you don't work for me, his minotaurs are gonna rip your tiny body apart like sticks. AND I DON'T GOT NO MORE GPS TO SEND AT HIM, I USED ALL 4 UP! I ahve o army, and he's about to smash me."

Villager: "Look at your rank. You are a stupid 1730. I think I am gonna desert and join outburst_elf! I'm tired of you overworking me! Hey Jimmy, let me on your fishing ship! We are leaving this dump!"

Vladimir87: "Do I have to remind you of something? *Brings in his galleys and surrounds the fishing ships*"

Villager: "*throws a hammer at the nearest one and laughs* You can't force fire on your own ships with galleys smart. Im the one getting the resources. I know those aren't seige ships, as we haven't mined any gold. See ya at your grave Vladimir87!"

Vladimir87- "Oh, do I have to remind you of something else? *clicks the vill who starts fervently apologizing* May theis be a lesson to you all! *clicks delete and laughs at the bloody mess ont the ship. Vill's friend put cards away and start mining. Before long though, they lose concentration and play tag in the woods. A platoon of calvary guts them all, and Vladimir87's economy is gone."

I don't really like your idea, my vills would eat the fod fromt the farms!

:P

-Vladimir87

edit/ the game is day by day, how could villagers die? /edit

[This message has been edited by vladimir87 (edited 01-20-2002 @ 12:51 PM).]

shelper
HG Alumnus
(id: Smileyshelper)
posted 20 January 2002 01:32 PM EDT (US)     9 / 28       
agreed with most of the suggestions here

i want my vills to do what i say they should do.

if i wanted my villagers to have a life of their own id play the sims or something

good day

It's like watching a flock of clown-like apes trying to navigate a ship, even though the ship has in fact been stranded on some kind of reef for about 7 years and none of the apes have noticed it yet. -Drahnier on OD moderation.
InsaneCow
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 01:44 PM EDT (US)     10 / 28       
AD:
----------------------------------

Tired of the same old house parties and famliy vacations in your virtual world? Well here comes:

Sims: The AOM expansion!
Featuring days at the track with racing anubites, firing up the grill with Pheonix, and testing out those pesticides on the scarab! And that is only the tip of the ice giant!

Each creature and unit comes complete with their own quirky and stubborn personality!

Coming September, 2002
-----------------------------------

Are you all excited as I am?

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
Michael Jackson is innocent!
G-Dubs is the greatest president evah!
shelper
HG Alumnus
posted 20 January 2002 02:00 PM EDT (US)     11 / 28       
woot!

i got to beta test it

my flaming hog appearantly has the hots for that cute little avenger next door

*goes off playing*

It's like watching a flock of clown-like apes trying to navigate a ship, even though the ship has in fact been stranded on some kind of reef for about 7 years and none of the apes have noticed it yet. -Drahnier on OD moderation.

[This message has been edited by Smileyshelper (edited 01-20-2002 @ 02:01 PM).]

InsaneCow
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 02:02 PM EDT (US)     12 / 28       
My Fire giant has a burning sensation for that Pheonix down the block...

[Edit]I got some more

My Anubite jumped at the chance for a date with the minotaur.

My ice giant is just too cool for all the giantesses downtown

This is fun! [/Edit]

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!

[This message has been edited by InsaneCow (edited 01-20-2002 @ 02:06 PM).]

shelper
HG Alumnus
posted 20 January 2002 02:04 PM EDT (US)     13 / 28       
my mountain giant got into a fight with a cyclops today

luckily that nice anubite next door is treating his injuries

that bastard threw him into a wall!

InsaneCow
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 02:07 PM EDT (US)     14 / 28       
LOL!

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
Stone_Giant
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 03:57 PM EDT (US)     15 / 28       
Heavengames won't let me say @s$ but they'll let me say bastard....thats a little strange isn't it?

Stone_Giant

Stone_Giant
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 04:27 PM EDT (US)     16 / 28       

The Sims:Aom Expansion CD, note that its magical

Stone_Giant

Last_Knight
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 05:13 PM EDT (US)     17 / 28       
LMAO

The Last Knight
Grasshoppers are cheap, nutritious, tasety,Kosher and easy to dissect
InsaneCow
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 09:53 PM EDT (US)     18 / 28       
Stone_Giant and Smileyshelper are relentless in posting their secret images. LOL none the less.

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
ThorsHammer_
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 10:24 PM EDT (US)     19 / 28       
Having sailors and guards would be very cool.

But what if you just lost a battle, and you need to double your work efforts and make some more troops, and all your peasants need to sleep? Hmm...dont think I would like that very much.

But having milita or something like in Kohan:Immortal Sovereigns, that would be sweet too. Your army is away fighting, and you get attacked by another Army, and *pop* your guards bust out of some towers/castle and defend the city.

IV1066
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 10:41 PM EDT (US)     20 / 28       

Quote:

But having milita or something like in Kohan:Immortal Sovereigns, that would be sweet too. Your army is away fighting, and you get attacked by another Army, and *pop* your guards bust out of some towers/castle and defend the city.

Naw, that wouldn't be cool. You have to manage your army intelligently, if you only leave villies at home you deserve to get killed if the enemy attacks.

shelper
HG Alumnus
posted 21 January 2002 11:02 AM EDT (US)     21 / 28       

now we cant have stone giant posting a secret image without me posting another now can we

besides, in that other thread archangel didnt seem all that mad.

es staff is a lot less grumpy than they seem

[This message has been edited by Smileyshelper (edited 01-21-2002 @ 11:03 AM).]

InsaneCow
Mortal
posted 21 January 2002 04:03 PM EDT (US)     22 / 28       
*sigh*... it doesn't seem like anyone in the forums cares too much either.

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
Stone_Giant
Mortal
posted 21 January 2002 05:34 PM EDT (US)     23 / 28       

The ones known as "Stone_Giant" and "Smileyshelper" are at it again, you know what to do.

Stone_Giant

[This message has been edited by Stone_Giant (edited 01-21-2002 @ 05:37 PM).]

pomliam
Mortal
posted 21 January 2002 10:37 PM EDT (US)     24 / 28       
Well i think to make things seem more realistic for the units such as spearmen and swordsmen and archers to be different from each other, maybe different coloured skin, hair colour, height and so on.

ps how do you post a pic

IV1066
Mortal
posted 21 January 2002 10:49 PM EDT (US)     25 / 28       
Check out the forum FAQ.
pomliam
Mortal
posted 22 January 2002 00:44 AM EDT (US)     26 / 28       
maybe it would add realism to it if they were different sizes, taller and shorter, some skinnier, some fatter, and different skin tones and coulors, all of this would be generated randomly when you create the unit, go to .http://aom.heavengames.com/art/screenshots/e3-2001-film/showpix?pixurl=pix/e3-2001- 033-px.jpg
Sir_Deraj
Mortal
posted 22 January 2002 07:30 PM EDT (US)     27 / 28       
Ya if you wont vills to act like people feel free to buy the Sims .No wouldnt work its nice for a game to be realistic with features that go with the time period ie footprints the same defensive structures they used long ago but it wouldnt be any fun if your vills could go to sleep what if at the start of the game your vills go to sleep?and the enemies love to work your dead becasue of something you can not control.

I came
I saw
I conquered
PROUD MEMBER OF THE LONELY KNIGHTS CLAN
pokethejohn
Mortal
posted 22 January 2002 10:17 PM EDT (US)     28 / 28       
I want control!

Personal site- www.stellar-sky.net/immix -not active at the moment.
AOM site I help run- www.age-of-myth.com -check out the new layout.
Age site I post news for- www.aoe2.com -back up and running

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames