You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Trees - Lumber - Wood
Bottom
Topic Subject:Trees - Lumber - Wood
Aok_yobbo
Mortal
posted 21 January 2002 07:38 AM EDT (US)         
I'm quite new to this, so bear with me.

This has probably already come up, but the one thing I hate about long games in AOK (Im talking 2 hours here)on maps that have hardly any wood, such as Arabia, is that i always seem to run out of forests that are close to any of my buildings. I always have to venture of with about 25-35 villies at a time, to the middle of the map, with no defences, but a couple of spears or something. Numerous times I have been slaughtered with about 4 knights.

Im not completely up-to-date with all the news and its probably already been talked about, but in a couple of other strategy games, such as settlers 3 (or something) and Knights and Merchants, the lumber workers actually went out and planted trees, which grew over time and then they would be chopped down again, sort of like a tree farm.

In my opinion this would be a good idea for AOM to incorporate. It would give the player a constant and steady supply of wood and would also reduce having the to concentrate on where to put the next lumber camp instead of building an army.

What do others think?
Aok__Yobbo

AuthorReplies:
TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 21 January 2002 09:14 AM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
I think you should just make trees last longer, like in EE; they can still realistically deplete, and you will run out of wood eventually, but it lasts a lot longer.

It would be interesting though to see expanding forests, this happened in Stronghold, which was useful but at times annoying. [For some reason, apple trees grew near your apple farms, which made a 'bridge' for fires to jump from one bank of farms to another instead of being contained in a small area while being doused...curses, all that careful planning wasted.]

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 21 January 2002 02:33 PM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
I think trees should grow back or be planted. It would make the map look prettier and not so barren towards the end of the game. But the rate should be fairly slow and trees should be made as passible terrain, so walls aren't made out of lines of trees.

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
ThorsHammer_
Mortal
posted 21 January 2002 03:19 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Well the only ones who should be having a problem with the wood in AoM are the Egyptians. And they SHOULD be using mostly stone, but since stone was for some reason taken out...

Just dont be Egyptian and you should be ok with your wood stockpile ^^

ThorsHammer_

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames