You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.13 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » What do you think about the idea of a mermaid fer a MU?
Bottom
Topic Subject:What do you think about the idea of a mermaid fer a MU?
Bronze_Giant 7
Mortal
posted 21 January 2002 01:14 PM EDT (US)         
Its not gonna be in da game but it would be cool like, when you choose Poseidon when a mermaid or merman is created it'll be in da water instead of mermaids and mermen just mermen

Tell me what u think

THE STONG, THE CUNNING, THE: BRONZE GIANT!!! the smart forumer cause when da stampede is comin he doesnt defend other forumers he runs up a tree.

[This message has been edited by Bronze_Giant 7 (edited 01-21-2002 @ 04:56 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Osiris the great
Mortal
posted 21 January 2002 03:04 PM EDT (US)     1 / 13       
But what would be her fighting style?Splash the enemy to death. Oh yeah , they can force the ships to the cliffs like sirenes!!!

I am the chosen one.

ThorsHammer_
Mortal
posted 21 January 2002 03:33 PM EDT (US)     2 / 13       
If it doesnt just lay their in the water looking pretty, but has some use, fine.
Alexandergreat3
Mortal
posted 21 January 2002 04:50 PM EDT (US)     3 / 13       
Picture this: your army is....

ah, forget it. I'll just post the picture

It would be totally awesome to have a giant mermaid (that looks like this) as one of your sea mythological units. I think the Greek have Sirens in AoM, but I'm not sure if they have male mermaids. It'd be cool, though!

Bronze_Giant 7
Mortal
posted 21 January 2002 04:54 PM EDT (US)     4 / 13       
How about just Mermen k, and they attack with a pitchfork like the one that guy is holdin and they use it on ships and sea creatures!

THE STONG, THE CUNNING, THE: BRONZE GIANT!!! the smart forumer cause when da stampede is comin he doesnt defend other forumers he runs up a tree.
InsaneCow
Mortal
posted 21 January 2002 05:22 PM EDT (US)     5 / 13       
That's a trident, not a pitchfork.

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
Michael Jackson is innocent!
G-Dubs is the greatest president evah!
Alexandergreat3
Mortal
posted 21 January 2002 05:39 PM EDT (US)     6 / 13       
...same difference
Stone_Giant
Mortal
posted 21 January 2002 05:49 PM EDT (US)     7 / 13       
Alexandergreat3, how many pitch forks look like THIS?

Stone_Giant

Clarissimus
Mortal
posted 21 January 2002 07:27 PM EDT (US)     8 / 13       
I like better the idea of a "siren" god power. You click and the sirens come up, then all the enemies's ships are drawn towards them. (Not to their death, just like a diversionary measure.) You could use it in defensive or in attacking (or both )

"It may come as a shock to you . . . You can have fun and be serious all at the same time."
Alexandergreat3
Mortal
posted 21 January 2002 08:50 PM EDT (US)     9 / 13       
Stone Giant, did you find that thing in your garden? What the heck is that thing, lol? Looks weird...but kinda kewl! Lol
vladimir87
Mortal
posted 21 January 2002 09:13 PM EDT (US)     10 / 13       
quote-

I like better the idea of a "siren" god power. You click and the sirens come up, then all the enemies's ships are drawn towards them. (Not to their death, just like a diversionary measure.) You could use it in defensive or in attacking (or both )

endquote

Now THATS an idea... Great one Clarissimus, i really like that... That could be a really effective, yet not too cheap godpower...

I'm really not very mythologically enlightened if ya didnt notice, but were mermaids in greek mythology? I can't remember...

Come on Poseidon, club em with the pitch fork!

-Vladimir87

BrazilianRaider
Mortal
posted 21 January 2002 09:38 PM EDT (US)     11 / 13       
just for u to know:
in greek myth mermaids were half women and half birds... not half fish... the mermaids being half fish myth is from middle ages....
Psychic Ostrich
Mortal
posted 22 January 2002 06:50 AM EDT (US)     12 / 13       
What would be really cool would be if you could call up a rocky island(covered with seaweed) which rises out of the sea next to your enemies fleet. Then Sirens/mermaids would come out and sing to draw the ships to the rocks on the edge. Your enemy would have no control over the ships a they are lured to the island. After five of the ships have been distroyed on the rocks the people on the ship would come to their senses and your enemy would gain control of them again. The island would sink back into the water. It would be a groovy GP, and it could be changed if it was too powerful(Eg: after three ships have been dismantled they come to there senses, not five.
What do you think?

SNIPPETS OF A CAFE CHAT:
Hey hi, damn, where is my... ...fridge, y'now, its been playing... ...with his nailclippers! I didnt know what to... ...weed, cos' i'm not a gardner, unlike Old... ...cushion, now it was... ...a bit soggy, with all his diarrhoea... ...experience with the theoretical side of... ...cats, oh they are doing... ...dancing with his best friend! now I would like to... ...grasp by the hilt you see? Anyway better be... ...going to lose his socks, silly... ...frog. Cya'...
Real
Mortal
posted 22 January 2002 08:44 AM EDT (US)     13 / 13       
Hey, that's a really COOOOOL idea!

Where's paradise?...............AoM is....In war there're only loosers!
Paradise is in your heart - ..gonna come! Love is the soul's blood!
open your heart and you'll be in paradise!..There's no uncertainty, there's only hope!
What's the difference between a raven?...What's yellow and hangs in a tree?
Nothing...its legs are both equal, all about the right one!...=> A blue couch!
Real may say he leaves...but be sure, he'll come back!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames