You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Wheres the Playable Demo and Ideas for it ?????
Bottom
Topic Subject:Wheres the Playable Demo and Ideas for it ?????
pomliam
Mortal
posted 22 January 2002 02:09 AM EDT (US)         
Just a point on what you would like to see in the playable demo of AOM, which civ, what MU's, what powers, and what units.

Maybe a demo of the starting scenario in the campiagn maybe a prolouge of what the campiagn is going to be about or maybe a random map game with one civ and limitations on what you can do, would you like to see fighting or what the game can do in surroundings.

POST IDEAS SUGGESTIONS OR REPLYS, or anything you would like to add.

AuthorReplies:
Thunder
VIP BonusXP
posted 22 January 2002 02:16 AM EDT (US)     1 / 11       
Be careful what you wish for. If they were to pack a demo full of civs, units, features, and scenarios it could get to be a pretty big file to download. My 56k modem doesn't like demos over 100MB.

I think it would be important for potential customers to see how cool RM games are, so random maps are a must. *sigh* I s'pose a scenario or two would have to be included.

I'd wager a Greek civ is included, and perhaps a Norse or Egyptian one, but hopefully not both. That would be a lot of art to download.

jduderocks
Mortal
posted 22 January 2002 02:33 AM EDT (US)     2 / 11       

I agree with thunder my old 56k couldn't handle downloading
any thing like 100 mb maybe not even 1/2 that.

I really liked the aok demo maybe something like that what was its size?

pomliam
Mortal
posted 22 January 2002 03:36 AM EDT (US)     3 / 11       
good point but anything you would like to see in it, not really the size of it, what civ would you like to use and what MUs.
Bronze_Giant 7
Mortal
posted 22 January 2002 07:45 AM EDT (US)     4 / 11       
I'm not gonna get da demo period think about it your messing up all the fun. EX: you'll kno bout all new MUs, GPs, units, and stuff like that. When the game comes out you wont really be surprised when you see a MU,GP,or unit that you've already seen.

THE STONG, THE CUNNING, THE: BRONZE GIANT!!! the smart forumer cause when da stampede is comin he doesnt defend other forumers he runs up a tree.
Sir_Deraj
Mortal
posted 22 January 2002 09:31 AM EDT (US)     5 / 11       
A couple scenarios and for sure a random map game that has limitations.My computer could handle a 100 mb demo but if I had a computer like thunder I would want ES to make the demo with 1 or maybe 2 civs.I have a feeling ES may show off there myth units a bit too much instead of just the normal units ie infantry archers etc.Whatever the demo is I am sure it will be good.

I came
I saw
I conquered
PROUD MEMBER OF THE LONELY KNIGHTS CLAN
ThorsHammer_
Mortal
posted 22 January 2002 09:33 AM EDT (US)     6 / 11       
I would personally like a playable demo very much. Ive played the RTCW demo about 80 gazillion times, and it's hardly anything of the real game, so an AoM demo wont spoil much(besides, I cant wait long enough for the full release, i need a beta test or a demo at least).

I have a 56k as well(coiencedence?...I think not.), but if they release a demo, as long as its under 150 MB(it shouldnt be that big anyway) ill get it.

What would I like to have in it?:
A RM with a cp, both of our civs:Greek.(I think that Im going to like the Norse the best, but I would like to save them for the real deal ^^)

If not a RM, then a scenario dealing with some basic stuff(maybe a little combat mixed in, but that's best saved for the final).

Also a little offical game info would be nice for an exiting credit(not quotes like from the Max Payne demo...)
____
ThorsHammer_

[This message has been edited by ThorsHammer_ (edited 01-22-2002 @ 09:41 AM).]

Dark Age warrior
Mortal
posted 22 January 2002 12:00 PM EDT (US)     7 / 11       
What the demo needs is a few scenarios and RM.
shelper
HG Alumnus
(id: Smileyshelper)
posted 22 January 2002 12:15 PM EDT (US)     8 / 11       
i dont think i would get the demo either

not only do i have a poor 56K but i pay my internet by the minute so i cant simply leave it downloading all night.

except ofcourse if ES would send the demo by cd, that would be alright.

id pay for the shipping costs ofcourse

It's like watching a flock of clown-like apes trying to navigate a ship, even though the ship has in fact been stranded on some kind of reef for about 7 years and none of the apes have noticed it yet. -Drahnier on OD moderation.
Clarissimus
Mortal
posted 22 January 2002 06:21 PM EDT (US)     9 / 11       

Quote:

My 56k modem doesn't like demos over 100MB.

But my ethernet connection doesn't mind them at all

"It may come as a shock to you . . . You can have fun and be serious all at the same time."
rEarranged
Mortal
posted 22 January 2002 06:55 PM EDT (US)     10 / 11       
Demo Wish: the whole game

Demo Probability: The complete Greek civ with a movie of the campaign, RM with limited features, and multiplayer with RM and maybe DM.

LongSiege
Mortal
posted 22 January 2002 07:01 PM EDT (US)     11 / 11       
I hope it at least includes a little Rm scrimmage with the comp

http://aom.rtsgamer.com
AoM VIP Alpha Tester
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames