You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » a really cool idea! (click here to see idea)
Bottom
Topic Subject:a really cool idea! (click here to see idea)
Bronze_Giant 7
Mortal
posted 22 January 2002 09:48 PM EDT (US)         
Picture this: You have a bunch of swordsmen attackin some archers the swordsmen have really huge shields but they're never gonna use em.

Now picture this: You have a bunch of swordsmen attackin some archers the swordsmen r startin to get weak... i'm stoppin this fer a second. In this kinda situation it would be kewl to get a new stance: Shield stance- only units wit shields can use this. Now we get back to what i was explainin: you click shield stance fer all yer swordsmenthe swordsmen grab their huge shields pund them in da ground then they get on their knees and use da shields as cover till other units come. And they could always grab their swords and run away!

Tell me what you think i think it's a cool idea.

THE STONG, THE CUNNING, THE: BRONZE GIANT!!! the smart forumer cause when da stampede is comin he doesnt defend other forumers he runs up a tree.

[This message has been edited by Bronze_Giant 7 (edited 01-23-2002 @ 07:40 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
pokethejohn
Mortal
posted 22 January 2002 09:54 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
Thats a cool idea...but if they get behind there shields, then there not attacking...wich leaves them a very easy target for any enemy ground units...

Personal site- www.stellar-sky.net/immix -not active at the moment.
AOM site I help run- www.age-of-myth.com -check out the new layout.
Age site I post news for- www.aoe2.com -back up and running

Bronze_Giant 7
Mortal
posted 22 January 2002 10:22 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
Think bout dis the unit would have to walk around da shield to get to yer guy the unit would easily be killed just stab em in da stomach and it's spossed to be used fer archers cause when the arow is comin all your guy has to do is position his shield.

THE STONG, THE CUNNING, THE: BRONZE GIANT!!! the smart forumer cause when da stampede is comin he doesnt defend other forumers he runs up a tree.
pokethejohn
Mortal
posted 22 January 2002 10:35 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Yeah, I bet they could get it to work somehow.

Personal site- www.stellar-sky.net/immix -not active at the moment.
AOM site I help run- www.age-of-myth.com -check out the new layout.
Age site I post news for- www.aoe2.com -back up and running

SoR_Anarchy
Mortal
posted 22 January 2002 10:38 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
This adds too much micro imo. The swordsmen should use shields during a battle anyway, you shouldn't have to make a special stance for this. You could also argue that your ideas are already in aoe and aok in the form of armor hit points the armor hit points.

God Bless America.

I am the state.

Last_Knight
Mortal
posted 23 January 2002 02:26 AM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
*agrees with SoR_Anarchy*

Picture that: units are hiding inside their shields on the griund, unaware of what's going on above them, while suddenly... a huge hydra... driving a huge truck... runs over them .

The Last Knight
Grasshoppers are cheap, nutritious, tasety,Kosher and easy to dissect
LongSiege
Mortal
posted 23 January 2002 07:35 AM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
I agree with SoR_Anarchy, seems like to much mircomanaging ^^

http://aom.rtsgamer.com
AoM VIP Alpha Tester
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames