You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.21 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » What About Requirements?????????
Bottom
Topic Subject:What About Requirements?????????
pomliam
Mortal
posted 23 January 2002 04:56 AM EDT (US)         
Well im just a bit concerned about these, i mean it sounds like this game is going to take RTS's to a new level, but can the average guy with the average PC handle it.

I mean will it still work without the latest 3D card or graphic card, will u need a fast computer with 256 or a 128. I would be really disapointed to finally get AOM and it doesn't work.

ANYTHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO POST FEEL FREE!!!!!.

AuthorReplies:
Bronze_Giant 7
Mortal
posted 23 January 2002 07:33 AM EDT (US)     1 / 21       
It will probably: 64 MB and 250 MHZ cause a game Primal Prey has those requierments and it's 3-D

THE STONG, THE CUNNING, THE: BRONZE GIANT!!! the smart forumer cause when da stampede is comin he doesnt defend other forumers he runs up a tree.
PseudoKnight
Mortal
posted 23 January 2002 08:15 AM EDT (US)     2 / 21       
I would definetly recommend getting at least 128MB or RAM to play AOM. I would also go no less than 450mhz for your processor, and try for above 600mhz. Graphics cards are too diverse to give a number, but you definetly need a 3D graphics card with at LEAST 16MB of RAM (preferably 32MB).

Specific requirements and recommendations will be given by ES on a later date.

.: Webmaster of the great StrategyEmpire.
.: Administrator and Moderator of the friendly SE forums.
.: Slave of the infamous E1 clan.
.: Friend to the friendless forumer.
.: etc.
Last_Knight
Mortal
posted 23 January 2002 08:24 AM EDT (US)     3 / 21       
No official info about the requirments yet.
For more info, enter one of the threads in the following url: http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=t&number=1&dp=0&s_name=&s_subject=require

Thunder: please add the requirments thing to the FAQ.

The Last Knight
Grasshoppers are cheap, nutritious, tasety,Kosher and easy to dissect
Rolando
Mortal
(id: Roman_Legionarie)
posted 23 January 2002 09:24 AM EDT (US)     4 / 21       

Quoted from AOM Heaven FAQ:

What kind of system will I need to run this game?
There are no official system requirements at this time, however, Ensemble Studios has said that they will continue to follow their past practice of making sure their games run on average systems.

So, no you won't need a supa computer to run it, but of course a 3D card will be among the requirements

Kaziglu Bey
Mortal
posted 23 January 2002 09:42 PM EDT (US)     5 / 21       
And then there is the difference between what kind of machine will it be playable on and what do you need to really make it fly and look as sweet as the screenshots.

Something along the line of a 500MHz CPU, 128MB RAM and a card with 16MB graphics memory will probably be the practical minimum for a playable performance. Double it all to get smoother gameplay. Top it off with a large monitor, a performance line graphics card and a good sound system to get all the bells and whistles in it's deserved glory.

If you are going to buy a new PC or upgrade some of the vital parts this year, make plans for September. Personally I'm holding back a CPU upgrade because these things have a tendency to almost halve in price over six months.

Imperialarc
Mortal
posted 23 January 2002 09:48 PM EDT (US)     6 / 21       
I am very close to getting a new motherboard and CPU. Since my old one seems to dieing. Still, money is rare for me.
NextNoName
Mortal
posted 24 January 2002 01:47 PM EDT (US)     7 / 21       
Do you have any problem finding a graphic card for your laptop? I ask this because there is no audio card for laptop when I checked about a year ago but I forget for the graphic card.
Last_Knight
Mortal
posted 24 January 2002 02:30 PM EDT (US)     8 / 21       
I hope my 350MHz CPU will handle AoM, or I'll get a new CPU.
Cuautemoc
Mortal
posted 24 January 2002 04:07 PM EDT (US)     9 / 21       
im getting an AMD Athalon 1.6Ghz 512mb. will there be a compatibility issue??? i hope not. aok worked fine

Id challenge you to a battle of wits; but u appear to be unarmed
Imperialarc
Mortal
posted 24 January 2002 04:32 PM EDT (US)     10 / 21       
I would think not.
Kaziglu Bey
Mortal
posted 24 January 2002 09:27 PM EDT (US)     11 / 21       
No worries. An AMD AthlonXp is the prime choice for a gaming rig right now, unless maybe if you have lots of gold to waste. So there can't be any problems unless a rather large bug slips through.
PseudoKnight
Mortal
posted 26 January 2002 02:08 AM EDT (US)     12 / 21       
He's not really worried. He's just trying to show off.
Heaven Worm
Mortal
posted 26 January 2002 10:06 AM EDT (US)     13 / 21       
Actually graphic card and RAM are more important than CPU, and it is NOT necessary to get a new set of computer in upgrading!
Imperialarc
Mortal
posted 26 January 2002 11:40 AM EDT (US)     14 / 21       
Although a good range of CPU I admit is 600-1gig. It ensures smooth performance. Even though I don't have such a computer... I hopefully will soon.
Samir_4
Banned
posted 26 January 2002 02:32 PM EDT (US)     15 / 21       
Well seeing as we have so much time until september
Id suggest buying a new computer
CEGA_Antarctica
Mortal
posted 27 January 2002 07:06 AM EDT (US)     16 / 21       
I'll buy a new computer in September, when AoM comes. Then I can get the best computer for the money I have. I think an Athlon XP 2000+ for 999 is possible in September.
I'm saving my money up to then, hope it'll be enough
Cuautemoc
Mortal
posted 28 January 2002 07:22 PM EDT (US)     17 / 21       
i dont show offi like knights sooooooo i wont argue with pseudo

Id challenge you to a battle of wits; but u appear to be unarmed
robdude11
Mortal
posted 30 January 2002 10:41 PM EDT (US)     18 / 21       
i wouldn't worry too much about this. ES will probably want many people to play AoM, and naturally, not everyone has top-of-the-line computers. i would guess you need 350-500MHz CPU, 3D card, 64 MB Ram, 500mb-1G HD space, mouse , and sound card . this may be the minimum. for optimum, i would think 1GHz, 128-256 MB RAM, GeForce 2 or 3.
PseudoKnight
Mortal
posted 31 January 2002 06:29 PM EDT (US)     19 / 21       

Quote:

i dont show offi like knights sooooooo i wont argue with pseudo

Actually, you showing off is the best conclusion I could come to for your sake, if you think about it.

I've seen many people make threads asking if their comp specs would meet requirements only to post specs of comps that are even over the highest of recommendations. When they do this, I have to come to one of two conclusions. Either they are trying to show off, or they are stupid.

So, I choose to think you are just trying to show off instead of just being stupid.

BTW, I'm a pseudo-knight. Pseudo generally means 'false' or 'fake'. That means I'm a false-knight, having never really been knighted by a king. So you can argue with me as much as you want, I guess.

.: Webmaster of the great StrategyEmpire.
.: Administrator and Moderator of the friendly SE forums.
.: Slave of the infamous E1 clan.
.: Friend to the friendless forumer.
.: etc.
ES_DeathShrimp
Immortal
posted 31 January 2002 08:11 PM EDT (US)     20 / 21       
We're not sure what the minimum requirements are because we haven't finished the game yet.

We do know that companies that make games which will only run on the most high end machines end up selling to only a fraction of the possible customer base.

Our previous games aimed squarely at the average systems at the times they came out. We will take the same approach with AOM.

_Socrates_
Mortal
posted 01 February 2002 05:32 AM EDT (US)     21 / 21       
So long as you have an ok graphics card, and bit of RAM and decent everything else it should be fine...

ES has done a great job at maximizing their possible market in the past, I doubt AoM will be any exception.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames