You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.50 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » god power solution
Bottom
Topic Subject:god power solution
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
vladimir87
Mortal
posted 26 January 2002 04:58 PM EDT (US)         
There has been some divided opinion as to whether the changes in the game ES made are good... The most controversial change I would say would be... the god power limit...

Some, like myself, enjoy the change. We think it is good for balance, and is necesary to prevent overusage of superweapons... Limiting the god powers would make them alot more valuable, so that if you spent one, it would put you behind in some cases... IMO-

-If there was no limit, rushing would be next to impossible because the rush could always be smashed by a godpower
-It would make stalemate games where people are afraid to attack
-It would cause massive damage to a hard earned force, especially if you can do it over and over again!
-There is no known protextion against them, some repetitive gp attacks from afar could wipe out a TC of an economy when one is not paying attention

Others think that god powers should be unlimited...

-It is fun to cast down fire from heaven on your enemies
-The graphics are great
-It can change the tide of the battle entirely
-Well, you know why this woud be fun, think about it, your casting god powers!

The solution???

I think ES should consider having a pre-game option as to the properties of the god powers...

-Standard- Allows one god power per age. The default setting, used in rated games, and used in tournaments

-Unlimited- You guessed it. For scenarios, for nonrated games (if you want), and for whenever you wanna have a good time

-Restricted- You don't like the thought of someone nuking you with a meteor shower from long range? Well, turn them off. Also if your computer isnt to great, there ya have it... For those who got really really used to AOK and AOE, and dont like having there efforts destroyed in a second

While we are at it why not have a sett to pick how they are cast?

-hero- My favorite, heroes call down the god powers, when they are in range! No blasting from afar, no undefended decimation of one's troops

- LOS- If you see it, you can blast it. The preference of Ensemble Studios, and the default settings...

If its been mentioned sorry,

Just my thoughts on how to make more people happy...

Tell me wahtcha think, and what setting you would prefer... Thanks...

-Vladimir87

AuthorReplies:
Samir_4
Banned
posted 26 January 2002 05:06 PM EDT (US)     1 / 50       
Hi

Me thinka that iuts also good and it should stay the way it is. Giving more options on God powers will ruin the game. There should be god powers and I like the way it is

YOU GOT 1 GP IN THE FIRST AGE AND CAN ONLY USE IT ONCE
THE NEXT AGE U ADVANCE IF U HADNT WASTED THE FIRST GP U NOW HAVE 2 IF U WASTED THE FIRST U ONLY HAVE 1 AND SO ON i think that is great

AoM God
Mortal
posted 26 January 2002 05:52 PM EDT (US)     2 / 50       
vladimir87 YOU ARE THE MAN! Everything you said I am 100% for! This is a great idea and would make Age of Mythology an even better game with a lot more choices. I love the idea! ES if your reading this please consider it!

AoM God

JKA_Yarra
Mortal
posted 26 January 2002 09:16 PM EDT (US)     3 / 50       
Hmm, so they changed it from Favor used to call GP's. To. You can only use Each GP once?

Hmm, interesting

"Real skill comes without effort" - Li Mu Bai

The Legendary Clan: JKA
Go here, have fun, buy a Rottweiler: JustAsk

InsaneCow
Mortal
posted 26 January 2002 09:33 PM EDT (US)     4 / 50       
No one said favor will no longer be required to cast god powers, it is just not the only thing restricting how many times you may cast a god power.

I lost in the AOE3H FRR
Support Gay Pride!
Michael Jackson is innocent!
G-Dubs is the greatest president evah!
vladimir87
Mortal
posted 29 January 2002 07:26 PM EDT (US)     5 / 50       
Water options, gp options, game options, graphic options, imo, theres going to be alot to choose when your the game host...

As for favor, I say it still will be used for gps, nothing free...

Think about it, favor is for getting gps. Its not for anything else really, not even mythological units when you think about it...

And btw, even though bruce confirmed again that heroes are strictly anti-mu units, i still think... that there should be an option for them to cast the god powers... you at least have a chance then!

deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 29 January 2002 08:30 PM EDT (US)     6 / 50       
I think this is an unneeded option

I say no.
sorry.

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
BrazilianRaider
Mortal
posted 29 January 2002 09:26 PM EDT (US)     7 / 50       
i think its a good idea but it'll probably not be in the game.... if everytime a new thing is said and people disagree they create a new option on the menu we won't be able to start a game in less than 30 minutes!

I think GPs should be cast only once - one per age nad you have it untill you use it, no matter what age you r in . also it should cost favor... no free GP, u have to earn it!
It should cost like 60 or 70 favor... myth units like the minotaur and the anubite should cost 20 or 25 and bigger ones like the giants and the hydra should cost 40 or 50...
this way you wouldn't get too many MUs and it would take a while of favor gattering before you could call a GP...
what do ya think?

deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 29 January 2002 09:30 PM EDT (US)     8 / 50       
they used to have a favor cap, i don't know if that still stands. That was supposed to help limit MU dominance.

BrazilianRaider
Mortal
posted 29 January 2002 09:33 PM EDT (US)     9 / 50       
i know it...
it is 100 isn't it...? i based my numbers on 100 favor... no more no less...
deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 29 January 2002 09:42 PM EDT (US)     10 / 50       
for some reason i keep thinking 200, but 100 seems right.
yea, 100 favor cap.

Unholy MonK
Mortal
posted 29 January 2002 09:54 PM EDT (US)     11 / 50       
I agree with you on some things Vladimir like there should be on option that allows you to have one GP per age, Unlimited, or turn GPs off. But I don't agree with you on having to choose how they are cast, ES should just stick with one way, I think the hero way is good, and of course they should cost a whole heap of favor.

sex is not the answer, sex is the question, yes is the answer
deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 29 January 2002 10:08 PM EDT (US)     12 / 50       
I want the GP limit of 1 per age dropped. Base it all on favor. If a player wants to focus his/her favor on GP thats their choice. They leave themselves open in other areas.

ES_DeathShrimp
Immortal
posted 30 January 2002 00:36 AM EDT (US)     13 / 50       

Quote:

If a player wants to focus his/her favor on GP thats their choice. They leave themselves open in other areas.

DS: There's a difference, though. If I focused my whole economy in AOK on Paladins, you still have a way to counter my attack with Camels or Pikement. God Powers have no counter. If I can save up and use as many as I want, the game just becomes a race to who can collect resources the fastest (or should I say even more of a race to who can collect resources the fastest).

And why should God Powers be counterable? They look cool. People want to see them. A 1 on 1 game where you and your enemy each use 4 God Powers is great to watch. A 1 on 1 game where you and your enemy each stop each other's God Power attack could be pretty boring.

Immhotep
Mortal
posted 30 January 2002 01:34 AM EDT (US)     14 / 50       

Quoted from ES DeathShrimp:

God Powers have no counter. If I can save up and use as many as I want, the game just becomes a race to who can collect resources the fastest (or should I say even more of a race to who can collect resources the fastest).

Immhotep: players will always try to collect as much resources as they can. (I think you meant to say favor )

Either case, if capping god powers to 4 times the entire game is the good..."solution" in preventing people from overusing god powers... what is the solution for stopping players from "racing" to see who will make more Mythological Units (or should I say Mythological Armies )? After all, the MU's should be a lot cheaper than the god powers, aren't they, DS?

<Edit> Please, let me take a guess...but Mythological armies can be countered by another "Army of heroes" .

[This message has been edited by Immhotep (edited 01-30-2002 @ 01:52 AM).]

Unholy MonK
Mortal
posted 30 January 2002 05:40 AM EDT (US)     15 / 50       
DeathShrimp has a point guys if there is no limit to GPs then everyone will just race to collect lotsa [b]favor[/] and use it on GPs and then the game will just be GP wars....good point DS

deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 30 January 2002 01:18 PM EDT (US)     16 / 50       
i suppose DS has a point

Immhotep
Mortal
posted 30 January 2002 03:02 PM EDT (US)     17 / 50       

Quoted from unholy monk:

guys if there is no limit to GPs then everyone will just race to collect lotsa and use it on GPs and then the game will just be GP wars

Immhotep: if capping god powers to 4 times the entire game is the good..."solution" in preventing people from overusing god powers... what is the solution for stopping players from "racing" to see who will make more Mythological Units (or should I say Mythological Armies )?

Unholy monk, do you think that it is practically possible to make 200 elite war elephants in AOK? The answer is: no. How come? Because one elephant cost 200 food that's why .

Were the typical AOK games a race to see who can make 200 elephants? The answer is: hell no. Why? Because by the time you get enough food for 200 elephants (40,000 food), your town would be flat to the ground ...unless the other guy is a 10-year old rookie.

deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 30 January 2002 03:06 PM EDT (US)     18 / 50       
because MU's have counters, like heros.

Immhotep
Mortal
posted 30 January 2002 03:07 PM EDT (US)     19 / 50       
...and since god powers such as meteor shower should cost a lot more than AOK elephants or even Mythological units in AOM, racing to collect god powers is a MYTHOLOGY
vladimir87
Mortal
posted 30 January 2002 08:40 PM EDT (US)     20 / 50       
I was really thinking more, most people would play the normal setts, with 4 gps a game, but if its some kind of scenario, or if you are a rookie (j/k) who just wants to see the explosions, you can have a little fun.

Oh and Immhotep, not all cultures can build "armies of heroes" lol

One other note, there is a favor cap, to PREVENT you from getting large mu armies... Building one at a time is the only thing possible probably... "mus are designed to compliment more traditional forces".

As for the 4 gps, one per age, it is fine... It makes it so that people will not use them from long range, without a big assault coming. People wont say, uhoh, his food econ, lets drop the lightning! No, they will wait for the perfect moment...

If you had unlimited, think what would happen...

ITs a 6v6 game... All six people on one team use their god power to flatten completely one fo their enemies, there is nothing left of him. They do this because they kknow they can jsut earn the power back! Try it again to the next opponent, knock em all down! Theres nothing to stop one from just bringing en entire base to the ground.

However if there was a limit, then your whole team is stuck with no help from the gods, and 5 more enemies still to kill! It works out after all with the new limit...

I went a little off-topic, but what do you think.

Should there be a limit?
Should there be no limit?
Or should there be... an option?

Which one do ya think might be the best *solution*

-Vladimir87

BrazilianRaider
Mortal
posted 30 January 2002 08:46 PM EDT (US)     21 / 50       
u guys r forgetting that favor won't be like AoK resources...
it is supposed to gatter really slowly... its not like a greek villy goes up to a temple, pray for 10 seconds and get 10 favor units.... it supposed to take really long...
thats why whole armies of MUs and heros won't be possible...
Immhotep
Mortal
posted 30 January 2002 09:42 PM EDT (US)     22 / 50       

Quoted from vladimir87:

Oh and Immhotep, not all cultures can build "armies of heroes" lol

and your point is?

Quote:

One other note, there is a favor cap, to PREVENT you from getting large mu armies...

Correct! So if it's not practically possible to make MU armies, then there is no way you can "stock up" expensive god powers like the meteor shower! Thus, no need for the 1-GP-only in the last age.

Quote:

As for the 4 gps, one per age, it is fine... It makes it so that people will not use them from long range, without a big assault coming. People wont say, uhoh, his food econ, lets drop the lightning! No, they will wait for the perfect moment...

So, are you saying that killing the other guy's econ is not a good strategical use of god powers? I totally disagree! That's one of the most strategical way to kill your enemy: by destroying his econ!! That is the perfect moment!

Quote:

If you had unlimited, think what would happen...

Unless you use cheats, you cannot have "unlimited" number of Gps . They cost favors...a lot of favors.

Quote:

ITs a 6v6 game... All six people on one team use their god power to flatten completely one fo their enemies, there is nothing left of him. They do this because they kknow they can jsut earn the power back!

Nonsense! Are you saying that in a 4v4 game in AOK, 4 guys can focus their entire armies of paladins vs 1 of their enemies and whipe that one out?? There is no such thing . (unless the enemies are computers )

BrazilianRaider
Mortal
posted 30 January 2002 09:58 PM EDT (US)     23 / 50       
i'm all for only one GP

1- This will make them really rare
2- People will think a lot about whats the right moment to gthrow one
3- That will stop player from playing with greeks, putting like 70 villies to pray and throwing a GP after another...

GPS r supposed to be a special power not AoM's treb....

IV1066
Mortal
posted 30 January 2002 10:31 PM EDT (US)     24 / 50       

Quote:

So if it's not practically possible to make MU armies, then there is no way you can "stock up" expensive god powers like the meteor shower! Thus, no need for the 1-GP-only in the last age.

Not true. MUs are restricted by having a slow build time, being built in expensive/rare buildings, and are probably cost-effectively countered by heroes. Also, I can almost guarantee that they'll cost gold/food as well as favor. Not all GPs will have a delayed time (we've seen that 'summon animals' god-power does, but I bet meteor showers don't), they aren't restricted to being built in a building, and they so far as we've heard they only cost favor.

Anyway, it's clear that ES was discovering during game-testing that people were casting too many GPs per game, so they've created a new mechanism to curtail the number that are cast. If it's too restrictive, it'll be changed sometime in the next 8 months.

In the end, it's basically moot though, the important thing isn't how ES balances the game, it's whether the game is balanced. And with 8 months to go, I'm betting it will be.

vladimir87
Mortal
posted 30 January 2002 10:33 PM EDT (US)     25 / 50       
*sigh* I hate to argue, but I am afraid that I will stick to my argument... For some reason I am not sure if we are actually completely arguing, I think we mgiht actually be agreeing on some things, oh well...

1st. You said that you would use your heroe armies to coutner massive mu armies. Some dont have hero armies. Meaning you cant counter mu armies. Not that that matters, because you can't get mu armies! :P

2nd. Oh i see it now. There is a cap on favor, so you reason that there is no need for a limit. I am so sorry, but I REALLY disagree. No matter what, if there is no limit, people will do what they can to have a noncounterable attack that can lay waste to an army (dont argue with me on that!). Obviously, if there is no limit, people will put, lets say in a black forest type map, 60 villagers on temples to get favor. No matter how slowly you gain it, you will get it fast. Why would one use this many villagers. Because every 30 seconds (and I am stretching that a ton, its proabaly a lot less), one will ahe a meteor shower to annhilate the hard-earned work of your enemy's famrs, miners etc. Why build an army when you can take out the base from afar? Why attack with an army if you know its gonna get destroyed by another gp? No matter how slowly you get faith, if you get enough villagers, it will come quickly, and can end a whole' game's efforts- quickly...

3rd- How do you interpret what I say like that? I say why am I wasting my one, and only one!, meteor shower, destroying something in the imperial which only cost a tad of food (which you have tons of by imperial) and wood (which you have tons of too). Yes! Locusts storms will be magnificent in the early ages, where you can hit hurt opponent where it hurts (the economy), but why waste that ONE gp just to destroy something he can easily replace? I would use that ONLY gp, to destroy something worthwile, like the opponent's defensive army, or the seige untis outside my base. Once you use that gp, its gone, and if they recover from it, your down a notch!

4th- Unlimited: meaning NO LIMIT! ... If there is NO LIMIT, sit behind the walls and send off the fireworks! Cost alot of favor? They can only cost 100! Which is nothing big if mus will cost something around there. Its nothing big for a hoard of 40, even 30 villagers is it? How slow would it take to get 1 favor? A minute? At the most a minute! I would not believe it if it were a minute. But say it was, if you had 30, it would take you just over 3 minutes to get 100... *BOOM*...

5th- I really have no clue what your saying here. You made a poor analogy that contradicts yourself anyway.

If I and my 3 comrades rush one of my opponents, then as sure as anything we are going to wipe him out! Sure, let him paint, but he still is not a factor for a long time, if not forever! This does not work in AOK, cuz while you are having some razing fun, so is your enemy at your base!

God powers elimintae that problem! Just launch them from safety. IF 8, or even 6, perhaps even 4 players all launch meteors, yes, that base will get annhilated so fast the ground will resemble lunar landscape before you can click the unit to run away...
Have you seen the screenshots? The series of four with the apeps in it? DID you see that AWESOME power! That times 8! EIGHT of those incredible gps? Now what do you think will be left of taht person's base...

What I'm saying is, that if there is no limit, this is a fine thing to do. Just wait another, how long was it? Ah, 3 and a half minutes until you can do it once more! Say there is a limit though. You wipe the one guy off the map. But the other three are waiting, gps in angry fist, ready to torch you in vengeance for what you did that poor other guy... Think about it...

ONce again, I hate to argue, but I stand firm in what I say...

ONce again...

Should gps have a limit?
Should gps have no limit? You vote this option, and thats perfectly fine, I want to know, its just I dont entirely agree!
SHould there be an option! This is my vote...

-Vladimir87

Immhotep
Mortal
posted 30 January 2002 11:48 PM EDT (US)     26 / 50       

Quoted from IV1066:

Not true. MUs are restricted by having a slow build time, being built in expensive/rare buildings, and are probably cost-effectively countered by heroes. Also, I can almost guarantee that they'll cost gold/food as well as favor. Not all GPs will have a delayed time (we've seen that 'summon animals' god-power does, but I bet meteor showers don't), they aren't restricted to being built in a building, and they so far as we've heard they only cost favor.

Are you suggesting that it's harder to build up mythological units, and it's easier to stock up god powers, because MU have build time? If you are, then that does not make much sense. If that's not what you're suggesting, then what are you saying?

Quoted from IV1066:

Anyway, it's clear that ES was discovering during game-testing that people were casting too many GPs per game

You and I were not there, so you cannot conclude that "it's clear..". No it is not. In addition, casting too many GPs per game is not practically possible, unless: A) the god powers cost very little, or/and B) favors can be gathered much faster than other resources. Both does not sound very reasonable .

Quoted from IV1066:

In the end, it's basically moot though, the important thing isn't how ES balances the game, it's whether the game is balanced. And with 8 months to go, I'm betting it will be.

If you look back at the history of the Age series, I'd say you cannot and should not be too sure on that.

Technology imbalance example: in AOK and TC, the building techs such as masonry, all tower techs (including heated shot...now who uses that?), and dock techs such as shipwright, were rarely used. Rare does not = special. Rare => no one uses => not balanced => will need to be fixed in a patch. (which ES did fix in the patch)

[This message has been edited by Immhotep (edited 01-30-2002 @ 11:54 PM).]

Immhotep
Mortal
posted 31 January 2002 00:15 AM EDT (US)     27 / 50       

Quoted from BrazilianRaider:

i'm all for only one GP

Quote:

1- This will make them really rare

Immhotep: I agree. This will make GPs really rare. It cannot possibly get any rarer than 1GP/age...unless they decide to change it to 1GP/2 ages.

Quote:

2- People will think a lot about whats the right moment to gthrow one

Immhotep: ...and they will find the most efficient GP and use only that GP. Nothing else . Do I hear "boring"?

Quote:

3- That will stop player from playing with greeks, putting like 70 villies to pray and throwing a GP after another...

Illogical! What idiot would let his enemy build so much villies that he can place literally 70 villies on favor?? Have you ever seen or heard of real game (with human players) where a player can actually place 70 farmers and pump out elite war elephants?!

Quote:

GPS r supposed to be a special power not AoM's treb....

I agree. And so far, GPs seem to be special powers and not trebs, unless the price of the GPs is lowered to that of the trebs (200 wood, 200 gold).

[This message has been edited by Immhotep (edited 01-31-2002 @ 00:22 AM).]

Unholy MonK
Mortal
posted 31 January 2002 05:20 AM EDT (US)     28 / 50       

Quote:

1st. You said that you would use your heroe armies to coutner massive mu armies. Some dont have hero armies. Meaning you cant counter mu armies. Not that that matters, because you can't get mu armies!

Are you suggesting that a civilisation without a hero woun't be able to counter MUs, that ridiculous, MUs will probably be easy to convert so Egypt (they are the ones without a hero I think) will use a pharao or a priest type unit to counter MUs. I think we need a poll

--Do you think GPs should be restricted at one per age? --

vladimir87
Mortal
posted 31 January 2002 09:50 AM EDT (US)     29 / 50       
Wrong again...

Unholy monk, I was arguing wth Immhotep, because he said he would use an "army of heroes" to counter mus. I said that is not possible. And I am right. Of course there are mu counters! Take the cyclops... Im just saying you cant build army of heroes...

Alright you are a die hard gp lover arent you Immhotep?

1- I want them to be rare! I don't want them to be something you can use time after time again (dont start!). If they are rare, there will be strategy in using them. Plus it will eliminate the whole scenario I have described before, when you wipe out one player, and are no lesss because of it... If they are rare, you won't just shoot the TC and blow it up, because then you cannot mount a dangerous attack! God powers are unable to be countered, so being able to use them again and again...

2. Uh, boring? PLease explain. You say it will not be fun, then do not even support this. PLease explain your reasoning. Yes people will use the gp they feel will hurt their enemy the most. A big navy, time for tornado. Tons of farms, locust storms... A bunch of closely packed buildings! Use that earthquake! ES will make it so there is not one totally dominant GP!

3. Have you ever played MP? Have you ever played on the Zone? Have you ever played rated? Have you ever played an rm? Have you ever HEARD of black forest? Then its impossible to STOP the other people from booming? I usually have at least 100 villagers in a black forest random match... I could spare 40 (70 i thought was a bit high), to give mee a meteor shower ever 3.5 minutes. Its as good as a whole brigade of normal troops!

4. They are not the trebs of AOM. I dont know who thought of that, but trebs are seige weapons, and that is only one of the many roles of god powers... Now, yes gps can be used to destroy buildings, but that isnt there only role...

Now as to the cost of god powers, according to you it should be under 100 favor, as you say that favor should buy them, and we know the limit is 100... No, not 200 wood, 200 gold, but 100 favor, at most!

Thanks for your thoughts though, I agree unlimited gps would be fun, but I do not think they will work...

Immhotep
Mortal
posted 31 January 2002 06:22 PM EDT (US)     30 / 50       

Quoted from vladimir87:

You said that you would use your heroe armies to coutner massive mu armies. Some dont have hero armies. Meaning you cant counter mu armies. Not that that matters, because you can't get mu armies! :P

When I said "making MU armies", it was a reply to DS's comments and was aimed to point out that it's not possible to "stock up GPs", since you can't even make MU armies. MU army was a sarcasm to the notion of “racing to stock up GPs”

• DS reasoned that players can stock up GPs, and the game will be a GPs racing contest

My disagreeing reply was: if capping god powers to 4 times the entire game is the good..."solution" in preventing people from overusing god powers... what is the solution for stopping players from "racing" to see who will make more Mythological Units (or should I say Mythological Armies )? After all, the MU's should be a lot cheaper than the god powers, aren't they, DS?

• I reasoned that players cannot stock up GPs, because if players cannot even make MU armies, then they cannot stock up GPs. GPs cost a lot more favors.
    ____________________________________________________________ ____

Quoted from vladimir87:

Oh i see it now. There is a cap on favor, so you reason that there is no need for a limit. I am so sorry, but I REALLY disagree. No matter what, if there is no limit, people will do what they can to have a noncounterable attack that can lay waste to an army (dont argue with me on that!).

I’ll argue with you on that . A) people will do what they can to have a good econ/ army / god powers. Don’t you?! B) If a certain GP is counterable or not, strong or weak, that depends on their designs. C) Players cannot “stock pile up GPs”…when they cannot even make “MU armies”.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quoted from vladimir87:

Obviously, if there is no limit, people will put, lets say in a black forest type map, 60 villagers on temples to get favor. No matter how slowly you gain it, you will get it fast

• Unless you’re playing vs. a rookie (or a computer), what player in his right mind would let you build that much villagers, so that you can afford a whopping 60 vils on favor??!
  • You said, “No matter how slowly you gain it, you will get it fast”. Now that’s an illogical, contradicting, oxymoron. How can you gain it “slowly” and “fast” at the same time? That doesn’t make any sense! (it’s like saying somebody is tall, but he is short also.)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quoted from vladimir87:

Why would one use this many villagers. Because every 30 seconds (and I am stretching that a ton, its proabaly a lot less), one will ahe a meteor shower to annhilate the hard-earned work of your enemy's famrs, miners etc.

Unless you have something to back up your “GP / 30 seconds” assumption, your groundless theory is worthless to prove anything.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quoted from vladimir87:

Unlimited: meaning NO LIMIT! ... If there is NO LIMIT, sit behind the walls and send off the fireworks!

That’s an illogical reasoning! Unlimited a-vai-la-bi-li-ty does not = free god powers.
    (How many million-dollars houses are there in the US? The answer is: many. So, if there are so many available, does that mean you can get them for free?? The answer is: heck no!)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quoted from vladimir87:

How slow would it take to get 1 favor? A minute? At the most a minute! I would not believe it if it were a minute. But say it was, if you had 30, it would take you just over 3 minutes to get 100... *BOOM*...

…pardon me, but your reasoning makes me laugh . Have you ever heard of something called “multiple villagers inefficiency” in AOK and AOC? In AOK, if you put one vil to build a barrack, it would take him x seconds. If you put two vils to build a barrack, it would not take him 1/2 X seconds. Two builders does not equate to 2 times faster. It is only 1.33 times faster. It must takes four builders to build 2 times faster. ([w]If you’re wondering where I get my info from, I got them from MFO. Here)

Therefore, *even if* you had 30 vils on favor, it would not take three minutes to get 100 favors .

• « Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames