You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.13 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Learn to play(s)
Bottom
Topic Subject:Learn to play(s)
aZeusdude
Mortal
posted 03 October 2008 11:02 PM EDT (US)         
Don't you think they should have made a tutorial for the Norse and the Egyptians like they did for Greek? Rather than having those vedios they should have made tutorials. What do you guys think?
AuthorReplies:
Dudis
Mortal
posted 03 October 2008 11:23 PM EDT (US)     1 / 13       
They should but the video was enough, showing the differences between them and the greeks. You should start a random map vs easy comp or something first time you try them so you know what their like.
aZeusdude
Mortal
posted 04 October 2008 00:32 AM EDT (US)     2 / 13       
I know how to play.. but I'm saying this for people who are just starting...
Jo93
Mortal
posted 04 October 2008 03:21 AM EDT (US)     3 / 13       
Well, quite frankly, people who are completely knew should learn to play with the Greek civilisation untill they have mastered the very basics and after that, just watching the videos for the other two civs should be enough to highlight the main differences.

The three civs are not so different that a whole new tutorial is needed to teach them. It is not as if the controls are completely different or anything.

Returned to AoM after about 4 years
Strictly vanilla player... only..
Dudis
Mortal
posted 04 October 2008 04:28 AM EDT (US)     4 / 13       
Yeah seroisly, AVP: Extinction has a tuturiol for all 3 factions because they are sooo much different to eachother.
B Sull
Mortal
(id: Briguy54321)
posted 04 October 2008 09:19 AM EDT (US)     5 / 13       
people who are completely knew should learn to play with the Greek civilisation
1: Your typos: people who are completely knew should learn to play with the Greek civilisation(civilization).

2. Atty is also a great start for newbs because of their easy eco micro.

Note to all newbs: Please please please dont start with norse (like I did). When I was a newb, right after I finished the tutorial I picked Thor cause he looked coolest and I thought every civ played like the greeks. I WAS WICKED CONFUSED!!! DONT DO IT!!!

I need to think of a new sig.
DragonQ
SC2H Seraph
posted 04 October 2008 09:46 AM EDT (US)     6 / 13       
1: Your typos: people who are completely knew should learn to play with the Greek civilisation(civilization).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_British_English_spelling_differences#- ise.2C_-ize

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...
Mythic_Freak
Mortal
posted 04 October 2008 09:56 AM EDT (US)     7 / 13       
2. Atty is also a great start for newbs because of their nonexistent eco micro.

If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it? - Einstein, A.
Master XS - AoM Code Reference - Trigger Loader - Trigger Requests - Chess

Wow, I never thought that I would actually know something before nottud did... it's actually not all that satisfying ~ Steak
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 06 October 2008 05:26 AM EDT (US)     8 / 13       
I know how to play.. but I'm saying this for people who are just starting...
Whoa, for those who are just starting it is extremely helpful to hear that the guide that ought to have existed does not exist.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
igotskillz
Mortal
posted 06 October 2008 11:58 PM EDT (US)     9 / 13       
i LIKE the videos though.

"If I was in somebodies sig I would kill a kitty....... A lol kitty....." -Keron Cyst
Hades Mythodea By igotskillz
DOWNLOAD MY AWESOME TAUNTZ!
marcus owns all
Mortal
posted 07 October 2008 07:50 PM EDT (US)     10 / 13       
Everyone in these forums always recommend recorded games. I absolutely agree with you all; they sound great. But is there any way i could possibly download some Mac vanilla (that means non-titans expansion, right?) recs from anywhere? Any sites you know that I could use? Coz I'm not really getting much better as it is. Thanks.
Arus_II
Mortal
posted 08 October 2008 01:00 AM EDT (US)     11 / 13       
Just keep your question by 1 topic..
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 08 October 2008 03:53 AM EDT (US)     12 / 13       
But is there any way i could possibly download some Mac vanilla (that means non-titans expansion, right?) recs from anywhere? Any sites you know that I could use?
This question has been asked multiple times before in the Tech Support Forum. However, I never saw a satisfying response. Apparently, the Mac AoM community is simply too small to bring forth any expert players. Unless you get yourself a real PC, you are screwed.

Your best chance is to contact Alyssea here on this forum. She has the greatest Mac knowledge hereabouts. If there is a source of Mac replays, she will know.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 09 October 2008 08:51 AM EDT (US)     13 / 13       
atty sucks for beginners. Easy to start with, but hurts you real bad down the road.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames