You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.34 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » How to rush successfully?
Bottom
Topic Subject:How to rush successfully?
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Jo93
Mortal
posted 05 October 2008 10:04 AM EDT (US)         
I played a game of Isis vs. isis (oasais map) last night and made a nice little classical army and tried to rush my opponents base. However, I couldn't attack any vilagers without getting slaughtered by towers (there were no vilagers gathering outside the range of his towers).

In such a situation what is the best thing to do? Should I go ahead and attack the villies and retreat, attack the tower and suffer loses but know that I can destroy his economy when it is down, attack other buildings e.g. houses (not that that was a possibility in this game either) or simply wait with my army outside his base untill such times as there is an oppertunity to attack (either he tries to come outside with his villies or I have seige weapons)?

I was also wondering what are generally good tactics for raiding? How many troops are optimum for a raiding party? (a few spearmen get killed pretty quickly but a larger army takes longer to train). Should I attack at two different points? When is it best to pull the troops out?

Thanks in advanced,

Jo

Returned to AoM after about 4 years
Strictly vanilla player... only..
AuthorReplies:
HailToTheOboe
Bitten by a radioactive ostrich
posted 12 October 2008 02:56 PM EDT (US)     31 / 34       
outsky2008
Mortal
posted 12 October 2008 03:48 PM EDT (US)     32 / 34       
Most of the Isis/Egyptian bonuses are on defense and later econ. Isis has no good classical mainline unit, no good classical raiding units (except MU), no good early offensive GP. To invest in classical rush is to invest in something Isis is not good at. To rush another Isis is to use your worst to fight his best (defense). Even rushing gods (i.e., loki, kronos) have difficulties to rush isis because isis defensive bonuses nerf many of their offensive bonuses.

Isis can rush successfully in classical, if the opponent does not expect it, and does not invest anything in defense nor offense.

It is hard to strangle (gold starve) a Fh isis with a classical army because of AE, and quickly produced CA, powerful elephant,and siege, unless isis has a starting forward gold mine.

I don't know about the true efficiency of anubite/spear rush. Anubis was popular in AOM before, but in AOT most people go Bast.
Jo93
Mortal
posted 12 October 2008 04:29 PM EDT (US)     33 / 34       
Oh right, thanks for the advice outsky.
I'd kinda realised about the not rushing with Isis business (been watching recs and stuff)
"Is it better than A/Eing their vills at 7:15 or 7:30 instead, and actually being able to build a mig and have the eco to use it?"

Although, sending their villagers into accident and emergency at 7:15-7:30 (when I believe A&E may tend to get over crowded, especially on a friday night) does sound quite appealing. I somehow doubt that is what you were referring to.
Will anyone clue me up? Or have I missed something vital?
Hahaha, omg that was hilarious!

Returned to AoM after about 4 years
Strictly vanilla player... only..
Chlorhydris
Banned
posted 12 October 2008 06:20 PM EDT (US)     34 / 34       
"Ancestor/Eclipse. It's pretty much the same as sending them to accident and emergency, though."

I see, thank you for your help, and it's true, it really is the same as sending them to accident and emergency on Friday night. One too many times, I have been swarmed upon by the little devils.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames