You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Disappointed?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Disappointed?
dr_dez
Mortal
posted 17 April 2001 01:48 PM EDT (US)         
Personally, I was really hoping that rts3 was going to be historically based, like the previous two AOEs. When I heard(read) that RTS3 was a mythological game, I was not very pleased. This new mythological theme is a dramatic difference from previous ES games. So much so, that it is no longer of interest to me; I like history, not mythology. Therefore, I am not going to buy this game, because it is not interesting. (I don't think it will be a bad game).

Also, from what I have heard about this game so far, I hope that Ensemble is careful enough to evade being sued for copyright enfringement from blizzard, microsoft, westwood, and the people who made war orcs. Although, from what I understand, stealing others ideas is common practice in the gaming industry %cough% empire earth %cough%.

AuthorReplies:
Cannibal Shadow
Mortal
posted 17 April 2001 01:51 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
I'm not dissapointed at all.
Woolly Mammoth
Mortal
posted 17 April 2001 01:58 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
Personally I don't really care whether a game is historical or not as long as it is fun. I do like the way previous Age games have done the civs though. I did'nt really like the three civs in Starcraft, although I did'nt mind the fantasy units. I hope that within the three cultures there are sub groups.
_MysticMage_
Banned
posted 17 April 2001 02:16 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
Now I'm definantenly sticking with Empire Earth.
Matei
Mortal
posted 17 April 2001 03:12 PM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
ES didn't say they'd use orcs. Those are not mythological. I think it'd be a great game and it'd be interesting to learn these cultures' beliefs and to have calamities and mythical creatures and such stuff. And we'd get some really interesting scenarios too!

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
TC_IronMan
Banned
posted 17 April 2001 03:19 PM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
Mythology is a part of history, so this game is historically based.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames