You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Buying the right version
Bottom
Topic Subject:Buying the right version
LordFulcrum
Mortal
posted 10 October 2008 05:51 PM EDT (US)         
Since my previous thread was closed due to an off topic discussion that had nothing to do with my original dilemma, I feel I am justified in starting a new thread.

I don't know how to tell which copy will work online. How do I tell? I guess what I want is a direct link to someplace where I can purchase a copy that you know works online. note that I also want the titans expansion. I guess I should just call the seller and ask if the copy they are selling works online.

this is the one I was thinking about trying next:

http://www.amazon.com/Age-Mythology-Gold-Pc/dp/B0002L88HE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s =videogames&qid=1223675413&sr=1-2

If this is ever resolved it should become a part of the FAQ

[This message has been edited by LordFulcrum (edited 10-10-2008 @ 08:17 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Koramei
Mortal
posted 10 October 2008 06:44 PM EDT (US)     1 / 5       
This is the one that I have (after my old one broke )

Of course, chances are you can't get one from the UK. Just search Age of Mythology gold. Look for one that doesn't have some random company that didn't do squat to make the game displaying its name proudly accross the front.
LordFulcrum
Mortal
posted 10 October 2008 08:21 PM EDT (US)     2 / 5       
Thanks for replying.

I guess the problem is that it's difficult to know what your buying when your buying from Amazon. For all the products that I have bought, the pictures and descriptions haven't matched what I actually got. I guess my mistake has been not directly contacting the seller and asking for specific information about what I am about to buy.
Major_Rackham
Banned
posted 10 October 2008 10:02 PM EDT (US)     3 / 5       
I believe Best Buy (operates in US for sure, I belive Canada, not sure where else) sells the correct version of the Gold Edition. Feal free to correct me if I am wrong about this though as I just think I remember someone else saying this a while back.
Koramei
Mortal
posted 11 October 2008 07:34 AM EDT (US)     4 / 5       
I guess the problem is that it's difficult to know what your buying when your buying from Amazon. For all the products that I have bought, the pictures and descriptions haven't matched what I actually got. I guess my mistake has been not directly contacting the seller and asking for specific information about what I am about to buy.
Make sure that you buy directly from Amazon, not one of its marketplace sellers.

Also, I see tons of copies of AoM gold that almost certainly works online in supermarkets and gaming stores around me. The internet isn't always the answer you know.
Super_Jesus
Mortal
posted 12 October 2008 11:09 AM EDT (US)     5 / 5       
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames