You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.15 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Siege Stratagies
Bottom
Topic Subject:Siege Stratagies
General Hades
Mortal
posted 12 October 2008 11:32 PM EDT (US)         
What do you guys thing the best siege stratagie is?

Id say arcus, automatons and heka gigantes and mabye some fire-syphons

your my favourite you are, because u are so thick, so thick infact that i know that you come from thickity town which is so thick u couldnt unthick it with a unthickiniser, you come from thickania and your sooooo thick,,,,,,,,,, and so's your dad, coz bannanas are good!
AuthorReplies:
Arus_II
Mortal
posted 13 October 2008 00:58 AM EDT (US)     1 / 15       
depends on map, opposing god and level of (opposing) skill.
But for Zeus, centaur strangle/fast mythic is pretty strong.
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 13 October 2008 04:57 AM EDT (US)     2 / 15       
But it is no siege strategy.

General Hades, you appear to be an Attie player, and unfortunately Attie has the weakest siege options in the game. Your best bet are behemoths and destroyers. According to my experience, Siphons only really work when you are winning anyway.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
Weed Basket
Carrier-pigeon of bad news
(id: Baske)
posted 13 October 2008 05:13 AM EDT (US)     3 / 15       
Because of their shitty short range missiles when compared to their brother siege weapons in other civs?

“Si vis pacem, para bellum”
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 13 October 2008 07:11 AM EDT (US)     4 / 15       
Yes, paired with their slow speed. Siphons are usually easy to kill, even easier than destroyers.

Arus_II
Mortal
posted 13 October 2008 10:15 AM EDT (US)     5 / 15       
But it is no siege strategy
sorry, I was a bit sleepy I think.
Shanks13
Rogue Agent
posted 13 October 2008 04:15 PM EDT (US)     6 / 15       
Your best bet are behemoths and destroyers.
Nope. Heka-Gs for the win. They are amazing, and if you've got enough micro, you can let one take out a large building easily while holding the opposing army at bay. At the same time, I'd say you could almost raid relatively undefended bases with a Heka-G(s) relatively effectively. Maybe. Maybe not. Kind of a lot of population, depends on what kind of damage you can cause.

Survivor Fo
Banned
posted 13 October 2008 06:36 PM EDT (US)     7 / 15       
Send 30 destroyers into their base. Hope they don't have an army.
YunSun
Mortal
posted 13 October 2008 08:28 PM EDT (US)     8 / 15       
best siege strat ever
send in OP Thoth elephants and attack with OP Catapults while spamming 31 Taunt
dragonmax
Mortal
posted 13 October 2008 08:45 PM EDT (US)     9 / 15       
if your attie use titan best siege for sure
Dudis
Mortal
posted 14 October 2008 04:51 AM EDT (US)     10 / 15       
Eggy have worst siege out of all civilisations.

Im Serious.

Not really.

"Quotes are nothing but inspiration for the uninspired"
72% of people agree with me when I say 28% of people disagree with me.
"I'll remove the clit at the end" - Rotaretilbo
" I just snapped off my penis thinking it was a nk" - BeezleBub
"Im a transexual STFU" - Briguy

[This message has been edited by Shanks13 (edited 10-14-2008 @ 05:56 PM).]

General Hades
Mortal
posted 14 October 2008 11:14 PM EDT (US)     11 / 15       
ah but my stratagie is that heka gigantes attack one place while the syfons are attackin somewhere else and the arcus (prefrebly hero) pick of the attackers

your my favourite you are, because u are so thick, so thick infact that i know that you come from thickity town which is so thick u couldnt unthick it with a unthickiniser, you come from thickania and your sooooo thick,,,,,,,,,, and so's your dad, coz bannanas are good!
Arus_II
Mortal
posted 15 October 2008 00:49 AM EDT (US)     12 / 15       
Even Arci cant hold off attackers, espacially since they have their military buildings close at what you attack, so they can send a constant stream of units. And you only have to send several heroes to the hekas and you take them out.
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 15 October 2008 03:14 AM EDT (US)     13 / 15       
What about cavalry or huskarls? Your archers lose to these, and so do your syfons (gosh I like that spelling). Hekas are good, but I have yet to see an Attie that manages to mass them. And a single heka or two is not hard to pick off with heroes or something.

Shanks13
Rogue Agent
posted 15 October 2008 10:37 PM EDT (US)     14 / 15       
Hekas are good, but I have yet to see an Attie that manages to mass them. And a single heka or two is not hard to pick off with heroes or something.
Yeah, general problem with Hekas, but if you're using behemoths, you can use Hekas. They're kind of expensive, especially if you don't have a lot of gold available, and if your favor flow isn't as good, you're production will be halted. But if you can get them out there... They're good. No denying that.

Trying to think what problems with heroes you really face... Probably not as bad with Norse, especially with the Heka special working on heroes, and the fact that you can pick off Jarls and hersir easier than some others. Eggy would be a pain unless you had arci in a good position... Greek... Depends, could be a problem. Atty arcus heroes/stymphs are annoying...

LS_tmac911
Banned
posted 16 October 2008 12:00 PM EDT (US)     15 / 15       
since when is the roc drop not the best siege strategy. Couple others: archer spam/midgol or fortress with catapults- son of osiris also could lend a hand. Sneak a villager behind enemy lines and have him build siege camps or and just tc raid at opportune times. Scarab spam with eclipse.. but IMHO Fire giants are the single greatest razers.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames