You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » will patrol still work how it does in AoK:TC?
Bottom
Topic Subject:will patrol still work how it does in AoK:TC?
ferret8888
Banned
posted 29 January 2002 11:41 PM EDT (US)         
when u put units on patrol and click behind the units u want to attack,ur units attack first and kill a considerable amount of more units than normal.

i want to know if this will also apply with AoM

AuthorReplies:
Clarissimus
Mortal
posted 29 January 2002 11:55 PM EDT (US)     1 / 7       
We don't know yet, but probably there will be as many or more command options from TC implemented in AoM.

"It may come as a shock to you . . . You can have fun and be serious all at the same time."
Last_Knight
Mortal
posted 30 January 2002 02:01 AM EDT (US)     2 / 7       
I believe that if it worked for AoK:TC, ES will implement it in AoM, though ES didn't mention that detail yet.

The Last Knight
Grasshoppers are cheap, nutritious, tasety,Kosher and easy to dissect
martin
Mortal
posted 30 January 2002 11:25 AM EDT (US)     3 / 7       
What? Patrolling? Of course it's in...don't you guys remember those looooong videos from the aussie game page? In one of them Bruce showed some egyptian soldiers in patrol(through a couple of farms and next to the walls...if I remember correctly)

Former Leader and co-Founder of the FPH Clan

Now I just troll boards. ^_^

deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 30 January 2002 12:56 PM EDT (US)     4 / 7       
oh yeah. I remember those movies. Yeah, patrolling is in as of right now.

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
SoR_Anarchy
Mortal
posted 30 January 2002 05:17 PM EDT (US)     5 / 7       
I would imagine it will be similar to AoK.

God Bless America.

I am the state.

ES_DeathShrimp
Immortal
posted 31 January 2002 08:20 PM EDT (US)     6 / 7       
We will probably do patrol, but we won't implement it as the agressive attack that you are refering to. If we want that kind of behavior, we will just add an additional command to attack anything you see while moving.
1ArCHeR1
Mortal
posted 01 February 2002 03:09 PM EDT (US)     7 / 7       
That would be nice

I'm serious, just add an atack-move command. Blizzard, Westwood, and SSSI have all figured out how to do it, why can't you guys? I'm sick and tired of having to tell my units: "Okay, you destroyed these buildings here, now keep going" when all I could do is tell them to attack move to end of his base.

In the aoe2.com forums, your response to this was that everyone would want a specific attack-move targeting order (ie, attack units, but not buildings, attack buildings, but not units, etc.) but you don't!

Just do it like this:

Attack units before buildings, attack unit producing buildings before other structures, attack walls only when they're in the way, and attack units that you can counter before ones you can't.

"You can get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun, than you can with just a kind word." -The Coolest New Yorker (Robert DeNiro)
<A><R>
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames