You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Is god power important, if it can only be used once in last age?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Is god power important, if it can only be used once in last age?
Heaven Worm
Mortal
posted 30 January 2002 05:13 AM EDT (US)         
If the games usually end with a large battle, then god power can totally change the result and thus it can be very useful.

But in most RTS games a single powerful strike cannot kill or even punish an opponent !

I'm just curious: what are the god powers probably in AOM?

AuthorReplies:
TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 30 January 2002 05:43 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
We've seen things like meteor showers, rains that increase farming yield, 'the great hunt' or something similar which increases the animals in an area, an earthquake type one that demolishes enemy walls, tornadoes that can pick up units and throw them into disarray...

But none of that is concrete yet. The only concrete thing is that not in the least will god powers be offensive only.

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
shelper
HG Alumnus
(id: Smileyshelper)
posted 30 January 2002 05:45 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
a tunnel that instantly transports units, shifting sands which is basicly the same as the tunnel, and i dont know if the rainbow bridge has been cut?

It's like watching a flock of clown-like apes trying to navigate a ship, even though the ship has in fact been stranded on some kind of reef for about 7 years and none of the apes have noticed it yet. -Drahnier on OD moderation.
TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 30 January 2002 05:46 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
...and aren't god powers one per age? So one of them wouldn't determine the final battle.

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 30 January 2002 01:28 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Well, one GP isn't going to totally end a war. A meteor shower can take out 1/4 of a town, but a player still has resouces, and from what i've seen, the meteor shower seems to be best used against fortifacations, not units, so one could still defend themselves with units. (units can always run away from the meteors.)

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
Alexandergreat3
Mortal
posted 30 January 2002 02:47 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       

Quote:

Is god power important, if it can only be used once in last age?

God powers are intended to be important. However, do not think making it available only 1 in the last age will accomplish this goal.
____

Quote:

If the games usually end with a large battle, then god power can totally change the result and thus it can be very useful

Playing in a game where the players are at about the same skill level, *everyone* will have access to "nuclear weapon" ()...and therefore, it is "mutual destruction" and no one will have a bigger advantage over another.
______

Quote:

But in most RTS games a single powerful strike cannot kill or even punish an opponent

Special powers in other RTS games come in many different size, shape, strength, and cost, and etc., etc. The most popular RTS that uses many different special powers is WarCraft(duh!), and it has many, many different special powers. That's one of the many reasons why it is very fun to play! That's why sooo many people are "hooked" on it! (I agree that AOM shouldn't do what other games did, but sometimes, you shoudln't change the fundamental ideas that work! Look at EE...it tried to be "innovative" by leaving out so many good features such as optional hotkeys, game recordings, to name a few.)

One of a few things that I don't like about the AOM god power system is that, it doesn't have "mini" powers that come at "lower" prices. Although the power Great Hunt *might* be classified as mini, it's availability is as rare as the other GPs.

- Al

deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 30 January 2002 02:52 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       

Quote:

Playing in a game where the players are at about the same skill level, *everyone* will have access to "nuclear weapon" ()...and therefore, it is "mutual destruction" and no one will have a bigger advantage over another

BTW, my comments are all in good fun!

Yes, just like nuclear weapons. Thats why nuke_troopers were so unpopular
And on the Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD), thats why India hasn't nuked the US or visa versa, because we are equals, right?
As i previously posted, a meteor shower won't be the end of the world.

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames