You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » i think u should be able to change aok user during game (if u don't understand read inside)
Bottom
Topic Subject:i think u should be able to change aok user during game (if u don't understand read inside)
ferret8888
Banned
posted 31 January 2002 08:45 PM EDT (US)         
one of my big problems in aok tc was hotkeys. I had my custom hotkeys on one of my 5 usernames in the game but sometimes my brothers changed username(with different hotkeys set up)SO WHEN I WENT ON I HAD TO PLAY ON THIS STUPID HOTKEYS WHICH HALVED MY SPEED (it really effects u in dm)so i was hoping in AoM there would be an option to change usernames during game to ur different settings.
AuthorReplies:
BlackKnight100
Mortal
posted 31 January 2002 09:10 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
try checking your name before you play the game no, j/k

actually, that happened to me a lot too. yeah, that would be a pretty good option.

VENI VIDI VICI!!!

If truth were self-evident, eloquence would be unnecessary--Cicero

vladimir87
Mortal
posted 31 January 2002 09:27 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
ah, and then when your nice little high ranked zone guy is in trouble against a smurf, just switch the username to a trashy one noone knows...

think about how ticked off people in rated would get...

Bad idea for rated, maybe its a good idea for other games...

I really dont know why you would customize the hotkeys anyways, but if its a big deal, then sure, put it in, for nonrated!

(Normal hotkeys are just great for me... H, C, C, C, C. B, E, B, Z 11)

-Vladimir87

Kong_KK
Mortal
posted 31 January 2002 10:15 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
This has a simple solution. Beat your brothers everytime they don't change the profile back to your username.
Unholy MonK
Mortal
posted 01 February 2002 02:01 AM EDT (US)     4 / 8       
Kong_KK has a point there

sex is not the answer, sex is the question, yes is the answer
Immhotep
Mortal
posted 01 February 2002 02:48 AM EDT (US)     5 / 8       
This has also happened to me many times. I think having the option to change different users' hotkeys during a game is a great idea!

Also, the hotkey files (hotkeys.uh) should be able to be duplicated for safekeeping. In AOC, you can make a copy of the hotkeys file, but the game won't read it .

Kaziglu Bey
Mortal
posted 01 February 2002 03:23 AM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
Yeah, a load/save feature would be great. By the way I really miss this total reconfiguration feature in every other game I play that doesn't have something similar. And even amongst the latest releases most do not. :I
_Socrates_
Mortal
posted 01 February 2002 04:59 AM EDT (US)     7 / 8       
Am I missing something? Why don't you just change your name beforehand?
PseudoKnight
Mortal
posted 01 February 2002 07:36 AM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
That's what I'm sayin'!

It's just like "oops, i forgot to click 'lock teams'... lousy developers, they should have included a feature where you can 'lock teams' inside the game."

Silly.. silly...

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames