You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.15 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Don't feel like playing AOM anymore.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Don't feel like playing AOM anymore.
Kampf_Panzer
Mortal
(id: Legendary_Jarl)
posted 12 July 2009 09:40 PM EDT (US)         
I've been playing Online since roughly 2003, with several pauses(sometimes long pauses) but I always kept coming back to the game. Two months ago though, I stopped playing and it seems now that the flame that pushed me to go back and play has finally extinguished. I took out my laptop yesterday where I have the game installed, I opened the game, logged on to ESO, I checked the gamelist but I just didn't want to join any game. For several factors in the last days before stopping playing, AOM had become more of a source of fustration and stress than a source of fun.

Has this happened to anyone else?

"I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend."
AuthorReplies:
TTK_GeneralNoob
Mortal
posted 12 July 2009 09:45 PM EDT (US)     1 / 15       
Yeah, the competitive community is actually pretty **** atm bar a few people they will always flame you or try really dirty tactics. I just play adv 3v3 games now for fun... no pressure and I just play whatever god I feel like. If all else fails take a break, after 6 months you'll forget whatever happened happened

"The next turn I attacked those that had been attatched, fiendishly fracturing the friendly faction fraction"
-Wartrain.

"Why not do the exciting thing and sit back, boom to a rag and use flaming weapons? - Who would have thought a Thor player could show this level of innovation?"
-Vagabond Tom.

Major_Rackham
Banned
posted 12 July 2009 11:05 PM EDT (US)     2 / 15       
Happens to me after everytime I lose to a Wonder but then I just remember that I do it to people all the time too
A_PunK
Mortal
posted 13 July 2009 00:53 AM EDT (US)     3 / 15       
I just play AoT when I have nothing else to do. e.g. when my mates are on holiday :/

ow
DragonQ
SC2H Seraph
posted 13 July 2009 03:14 AM EDT (US)     4 / 15       
It's not so much that I don't want to play, it's just that there are other things to do so I only end up playing a few games a month.

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...
Nirwanda
Mortal
posted 13 July 2009 05:45 AM EDT (US)     5 / 15       
Is that Liam or Noel?

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"

Gandalf - JRR Tolkein. The Fellowship of the Ring
Survivor Fo
Banned
posted 13 July 2009 05:01 PM EDT (US)     6 / 15       
AoT is only fun when you have friends on imo. This applies to most games.
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 13 July 2009 10:39 PM EDT (US)     7 / 15       
For me I go in spurts. At one point when I took this real seriously I practiced RM all the time and got decent at it, but when my interest for that waned I turned to scenarios. Tiny in particular is where I am most of the time. Like GeneralNoob said though, I like to do the 2v2, 3v3 advanced with random god and just have fun. Although I have to stay above 1600 to get into most games.
TTK_GeneralNoob
Mortal
posted 14 July 2009 01:43 AM EDT (US)     8 / 15       
I still see u on sometimes on AGAW... i'll have to message u sometime

"The next turn I attacked those that had been attatched, fiendishly fracturing the friendly faction fraction"
-Wartrain.

"Why not do the exciting thing and sit back, boom to a rag and use flaming weapons? - Who would have thought a Thor player could show this level of innovation?"
-Vagabond Tom.

a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 14 July 2009 11:14 PM EDT (US)     9 / 15       
Yea. We should play some 2v2 or so. Like the good ole' days ha
Dark_Armor
Mortal
posted 15 July 2009 01:09 PM EDT (US)     10 / 15       
I play this game online since (around) November 07 and I had a break from January to April in 2008 and again in 2009, but a year ago after the break I kept playing a whole year.

This year it's different I think I haven't played this game for more than a month now. Atm I don't even feel like coming back in few weeks but I have summer vacation in two weeks now... I'll see.
NomadicNoodle
Mortal
posted 20 July 2009 12:43 PM EDT (US)     11 / 15       
I know what you mean, one day I just found myself staring at the ESO screen without any interest or intent to play any games.

When I first came here I used to spend all of my time in GD, now I visit here rather rarely.
fox7574
Mortal
posted 22 July 2009 09:16 PM EDT (US)     12 / 15       
i know what you mean, sometimes maintaining your rating just doesnt cut it
and my old friends play it a lot now but my disk is broke, =[
if your in a good clan its ace but i dunno what the activity is like nowadays, being in curd clan was the best times on this game

NotN00b23
fox7574
Seven_Curd
fox7574
Mortal
posted 22 July 2009 09:17 PM EDT (US)     13 / 15       
the next best part was beating action, if anyone remembers the cocky so and so

NotN00b23
fox7574
Seven_Curd

[This message has been edited by fox7574 (edited 07-22-2009 @ 09:17 PM).]

ich_bin_n00b