You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.13 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Oranos strategies needed!! I also need a couple questions answered....
Bottom
Topic Subject:Oranos strategies needed!! I also need a couple questions answered....
stefano12
Mortal
posted 17 July 2009 00:06 AM EDT (US)         
Hello fellow AoM lovers!

I am brand new to the community and am starting to play age of mythology (titans exansion). I am trying to learn how to play as Oranos and am starting to get better. I watch expert recorded games, practice, etc. I play online with a good friend. We were playing 3 cpu's on moderate.

The thing I did not understand is why all of the cpu's were attacking me!! I dont know if the fact that I am better than my friend has anything to do with this, but, I do know that all the computers attack me for some reason.

So what am I really asking for? I am asking for support from you guys (tips for playing as Oranos), and an answer to why I get a full out attack from the AI while my friend is peacefully building his economy.

Edit: My friend & I were on the same team.

[This message has been edited by stefano12 (edited 07-17-2009 @ 00:34 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
humblebumble
Mortal
posted 17 July 2009 03:40 AM EDT (US)     1 / 13       
LOL, that's pretty funny. I think it's supposed to be non-biased. Or perhaps you're strategically closer to them on the map, not that I know if they pay attention to that kind of stuff.
TTK_GeneralNoob
Mortal
posted 17 July 2009 04:03 AM EDT (US)     2 / 13       
Hmmm don't they have a tendancy to always attack the host? Or the person with the highest score?

"The next turn I attacked those that had been attatched, fiendishly fracturing the friendly faction fraction"
-Wartrain.

"Why not do the exciting thing and sit back, boom to a rag and use flaming weapons? - Who would have thought a Thor player could show this level of innovation?"
-Vagabond Tom.

skizm
Mortal
posted 17 July 2009 04:03 AM EDT (US)     3 / 13       
Are you hosting? AIs are definitely host-inclined.

Also, they offer very redundant tactics and teach lazy habits compared to those seen from the ESO (online) community. To really improve, it's unanimously advised that you both wet your feet there, under the conditions that you own separate & unique product keys. =/

Alternatively, post a recorded game vs. your friend to demonstrate where you stand. There's simply too much ground to retread without a clue!

<3 this game ~
stefano12
Mortal
posted 17 July 2009 09:08 AM EDT (US)     4 / 13       
I forgot to turn on "record game" in the option but I can give details. It seeemed fair at the begining, but, later in the game they focused on me and all 3 ended up full out attacking me. I think that it must be based on score because despite resigning I still had the 2nd highest score while my friends was much lower. I think the best way to reply to this are some things I can do once I reach the classical age with Oranos.
Major_Rackham
Banned
posted 17 July 2009 09:28 AM EDT (US)     5 / 13       
Don't play against AIs.
Nirwanda
Mortal
posted 17 July 2009 10:33 AM EDT (US)     6 / 13       
The AI attacks with the following priorities:

A) Each score point above your other teammates gives you 1 AI point. So if you have a score of 1337 and your friend has a score of 1330 you have 7 AI points.

B) Each feet closer (original settlement placement only counts) to the AI at hand grants you one point. So if you are 4 feet closer to the AI, you will gain 4 AI points and your buddy zero.

C) The host of the game always gets 5 AI points at the start of the game. These never changes, and was implemented to give a harder time to the host, since he sets the rules and gets the least lag.

D) At the end of you and your buddies archaic age, the CPU will make a scouting count. The one who scouted the most dark areas (1 point/5 square feet more scouted) is more likely to be attacked by the CPU. Ofcourse this also counts to your total AI points, and is accounted only when you and all your allies finish the archaic age.
This was implemented to somehow tell the CPU which player is more competent/agressive to give an easier time on the beginners who stays at home.
If you play with "Revealed Map", section D will not be accounted for at all.

The one with the most AI points will be attack, always, unless you are attacking the AI himself, in which case he will defend.

Hope this helps!

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"

Gandalf - JRR Tolkein. The Fellowship of the Ring
DragonQ
SC2H Seraph
posted 17 July 2009 10:45 AM EDT (US)     7 / 13       
This game works with metric units actually but otherwise that sounds plausible.

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...
Nirwanda
Mortal
posted 17 July 2009 10:48 AM EDT (US)     8 / 13       
Ofcourse DQ, I ment metres.

It's my USA blood messing with me again.

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"

Gandalf - JRR Tolkein. The Fellowship of the Ring
stefano12
Mortal
posted 17 July 2009 11:42 AM EDT (US)     9 / 13       
I thank everyone that posted here especially the post about the AI points. I have one question left. How do I close this thread?
Sam_Ham
Mortal
posted 17 July 2009 01:54 PM EDT (US)     10 / 13       
You ask a moderator to close it

Sometimes you need to scare the lambs,
tell tales of evil bad wolves.
Because if there is nothing to fear,
they might think for themselves.
Marclo40
Mortal
posted 17 July 2009 02:12 PM EDT (US)     11 / 13       
If you are new to the game, learn as Greeks, because every other civ is based on them

also, Norse are perfect atty killers especially Loki, you won't have a good classical counter for infantry
stefano12
Mortal
posted 17 July 2009 03:58 PM EDT (US)     12 / 13       
I have realized norse people destroy me lol.

I really still want to use Oranos because of the time I have put into using him.

I would like strategies including but not limited to raiding with him defending a raid,economy, post classical, etc.

I read the strategy guides but I am still not that good (at the most beat 2 moderate AI's).

I have watched quite a few expert recorded games (www.ksjoseywales.nodecam.com/, but its not helping that much.

Help would be useful.

Regards

[This message has been edited by stefano12 (edited 07-17-2009 @ 04:01 PM).]

VB_WhiplashJC
Mortal
posted 17 July 2009 09:08 PM EDT (US)     13 / 13       
http://agesanctuary.com/index.php?portal=AOT&showtopic=83025

also
Register -> Download recs from that site.

www.vbclan.net - Aussie/Kiwi AoT and AoE3 clan

[This message has been edited by VB_WhiplashJC (edited 07-17-2009 @ 09:13 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames