You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Isis vs Gaia on Marsh
Bottom
Topic Subject:Isis vs Gaia on Marsh
maggioli
Mortal
posted 20 July 2009 09:26 AM EDT (US)         
What is Gaia's best strategy against Isis on Marsh assuming Isis goes FH and two temples (massed priests) + siege? A/E seemd to be two devastating followed by massed priests and siege towers... and if the Gaia can survive this then adding barrack units + scorpions to the mix will do it. Any ideas for the weaker side? Anygames that would show this idea in practice would be appreciated...
AuthorReplies:
VB_WhiplashJC
Mortal
posted 20 July 2009 10:57 AM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
Hold him off as best you can with kata/turma. always run from a/e. Get heroic at a decent time and make arci.

I'll look for a rec, but it will be as oranos.

www.vbclan.net - Aussie/Kiwi AoT and AoE3 clan
Major_Rackham
Banned
posted 20 July 2009 11:16 AM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
Yup, as soon as you can get Arcus + Katas out the easier it is to counter this priest + siege bs. I now like to use a strategy that is jijzoekt's which is behemoth rushing 11. It may not work out great vs an Eggy that does priest + siege but he shouldn't be doing this anyways if you are doing this strat. It is basically a 2TC FH where you spam Behemoths and Arci to counter his FH. Works great for me
maggioli
Mortal
posted 20 July 2009 11:38 AM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
Thanks, Major do you have rec of this strat you suggest ( 2TC FH + spam Behemoths and Arci)?
Major_Rackham
Banned
posted 20 July 2009 12:30 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Well here's what he says about the strat and how to execute it:
Brush stands for behemoth rush and is a variation to the 2tc boom.
You will probably only be using this strat vs. eggy on high-hunt maps. Your aim is to rush their migdol with a behemoth+arcus+turma combo as soon as you possibly can.
Start with a 2tc boom, but aim on going heroic at about 7:00-7:20 (so you’ll be up at 8:00-8:20.). You will have to have some idle tc time for this at both tc’s.
Whilst upping, AQ vills at both tc’s again and build 2 rax and a crax if you havent done so already. Make sure you’ll be able to spam behemoths, arcusses and turma's as soon as you get up.
When you get up, AQ behemoths and arcus from both rax(build turma's whilst upping from classical to heroic). Immediately scout around with your caladria to see where he is building his migdol, (usually at a gold spot) and kill this migdol ASAP whilst you keep on booming and spamming behemoths and arcus. (and some murmillo’s later on)
If you get his migdol down, it will be an enormous blow for him. Keep putting pressure on him and try to get map and gold control.
In case of fighting Isis, you will have a huge chance of him casting a+e on your army. If this happens, either flee or, if you have enough res, upgrade your arcus to heroes and fight it. Then kill the migdol.
Here are some recs:

Brush on Land

Brush on Water

Enjoy

[This message has been edited by Major_Rackham (edited 07-20-2009 @ 12:31 PM).]

NorseBash
Mortal
posted 20 July 2009 01:03 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
For a priest spam, they dont even make a midgol, so your behemoths will be wasted since you really got nothing to of value to take down besides his main tc which would be heavily guarded. And a good priest spam will have a group of priests out very early along with a/e so a brush would get owned hard. I think the best way is to fh yourself and make kata/destroyer/arcus.
Major_Rackham
Banned
posted 20 July 2009 01:47 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       
Did you even read what I wrote 2 post up? You basically rewrote what I said 11
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames