You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.14 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Villager Strategys
Bottom
Topic Subject:Villager Strategys
Sprlster
Mortal
posted 24 July 2009 12:01 PM EDT (US)         
Hi Guys I'm having a little trouble with my villagers on what resource to gather at the start and finish.

FOR EXAMPLE

8 Food
5 Wood
5 Gold
-Advance-

If you could it would help me loads,
Thanks
AuthorReplies:
Silicone Ruff Jr
Mortal
posted 24 July 2009 12:29 PM EDT (US)     1 / 14       
I'm by no means a strategy expert, but here's what I just did to win a game:

Start by making villagers on repeat. Set a gather point on some sort of food. Stop when you have about 12. If you need additional wood/gold for a temple, train more and retask about 4 of them.

Build the temple, then advance to the next age. Villagers on repeat again, until you have at 8-10 villagers on two resources, and 12 or more (you can distribute them as you like) on the resource you're lacking at the moment.

_/o___
_(__\____
AGE OF MYTHOLOGY'S THIRD UNMODDED FULL CAMPAIGN __\^^\)___ AGE OF MYTHOLOGY'S THIRD UNMODDED FULL CAMPAIGN
__"\_____
"This is shaping up to be the best campaign on AoM heaven" ____(_\___
"This is shaping up to be the best campaign on AoM heaven"
buppy
Mortal
(id: pubby8)
posted 24 July 2009 12:29 PM EDT (US)     2 / 14       
x_x what god are you using?

They change depending on the map, and the other player.

I'll ususally put an extra villy or two on food against a rusher. For water maps, I usually go put a few on food, then get lots of wood for fishing ships.

It's very important the order you go in. For example, I usualy go Food->(some) gold->wood->gold, but if I get hunting dogs I do wood before gold.

If you're going for a rush, you usually want more on food.

[This message has been edited by pubby8 (edited 07-24-2009 @ 12:31 PM).]

Silicone Ruff Jr
Mortal
posted 24 July 2009 12:36 PM EDT (US)     3 / 14       
I was using Hades.

_/o___
_(__\____
AGE OF MYTHOLOGY'S THIRD UNMODDED FULL CAMPAIGN __\^^\)___ AGE OF MYTHOLOGY'S THIRD UNMODDED FULL CAMPAIGN
__"\_____
"This is shaping up to be the best campaign on AoM heaven" ____(_\___
"This is shaping up to be the best campaign on AoM heaven"
henk14
Mortal
posted 24 July 2009 01:14 PM EDT (US)     4 / 14       
Your villager BO depends on:
- Your god
- Your strategy
- The map
- The enemys strategy

So supplying some of these points would be useful.

/-\ () |\/||-| Rules!
Respect the Moderators Authority.
Marclo40
Mortal
posted 24 July 2009 03:29 PM EDT (US)     5 / 14       
generally, you want about 6 - 8 on food at start
next 4/6 - alternate between wood/gold and then add 4 more to food
on non water maps, you shouldn't have too much wood vills (3 max) - send a few more to wood in classical and even more if you plan on making archers

water - send one starting villager to build dock, send 4 to food, then keep adding to wood and auto produce fishing ships

really depends on your god and strategy however
HailToTheOboe
Bitten by a radioactive ostrich
posted 24 July 2009 10:39 PM EDT (US)     6 / 14       
The first few vills are to make sure you can maintain steady villager production.

After that, you put the vills on whichever resource you need to get your temple and eco upgrades at the time you want for your strategy to work, and then usually a pile more go on food so you can advance.

For example, as norse you can go 7 vills on food 5 on wood 5 on gold in that order.

Or you can go 4 vills on food, 3 on wood, 2 on gold, get pickaxe, alternative vill on food and dwarf on gold, and move the 2 gold vills to wood and still advance 7-5-5 at the same time, but have pickaxe much earlier and more dwarves on gold (instead of gatherers).
Often you want a second ulf for grabbing goats, so you'd have to tweak the Build Order to account for that as well.

Really, you want to figure out your goals for archaic (approximately what time you want your temple, monuments, and upgrades, etc) and try out a few things and watch a few recs.

But remember, do not rely on a single unchanging build order - every map and every game is different, and if the map throws you a curveball (hunt behind trees?), you have to adapt.
Sprlster
Mortal
posted 26 July 2009 08:10 PM EDT (US)     7 / 14       
Hey Guys

thanks guys this is helpful,
I mainly use Zeus and also Thor....are these Gods any good?
Im not really good at this game i can defeat 1 Hard and can withstand 2...any tips on getting better?

I mostly play on Acropolis and now recently starting to enjoying Sudden Death any good strategy's on them? and also what are your Favorite Gods and Techniques?

So you guys think that having 8-5-5 and then doubling the villagers each time you advance is good?

Thanks Guys
ilikeaot
Mortal
posted 26 July 2009 11:14 PM EDT (US)     8 / 14       
acropolis is noob. only play maps that are in rated
cactuarpwn
Mortal
posted 27 July 2009 04:37 AM EDT (US)     9 / 14       
yes they are good, 2 of the best gods in the game

are you playing the original or the expansion

Watch our souls fade away
Let our bodies crumble away
Sprlster
Mortal
posted 27 July 2009 08:03 AM EDT (US)     10 / 14       
what levels do you suggest then ?

and cheers, so I guest I will need to be practising more and
im playing the expansion
FerraL
Mortal
posted 28 July 2009 03:59 AM EDT (US)     11 / 14       
well hades should definitely get the wood econ ups ASAP and put a few more vills to wood than normal because the hades player will want archers.

EDIT: From the Zeus Guide on this Forum

# Put your first 6-7 villagers (total) to food.
# Next two villagers to wood.
# Next two villagers to gold.
# Next villager to build house, then to wood.
# Next 4-5 villagers to food Maybe 2 to food, 3 to wood since u are playing hades.
# As you are putting villagers on to food after gold and wood, when you see your gold and wood around 100, start building your temple with 1 villager.

It's not a terrible BO, but it is a fast one. A Hades player may favor a slower advance and more defensive game. In this case 7 vill food, 3 wood, 3 gold as a start is better.

Thank God SCII finally has a release date but it so so damn far away...
ESO Name: AoTH_ZoOkEePeR

[This message has been edited by FerraL (edited 07-28-2009 @ 04:06 AM).]

Sprlster
Mortal
posted 05 August 2009 05:48 PM EDT (US)     12 / 14       
cheers guys any strategy's for Zeus or Thor?
Arus_II
Mortal
posted 06 August 2009 04:09 PM EDT (US)     13 / 14       
Villager Strategys
The vill rush is the only one I know.
cheers guys any strategy's for Zeus or Thor?
Thor: go to mythic like crazy through Bragi and cast ragnarok+flaming weapons = gg
Or just raid like crazy or boom like crazy or both of course.
Zeus: Go Hermes, build a 2nd TC just by his base (and when he attacks it cast CF) and just tox/hop fight will work on lower levels.
HailToTheViper
Mortal
posted 07 August 2009 10:12 AM EDT (US)     14 / 14       
what you are probably after is a build order, but i cant give you one becuase i dont know many that are useful.

I can give you a fairly basic, but often overlooked villager micro strategy.

This only applies to norse.

When you start you get 2 villies and ox cart (loki/odin) if you see hunt, walk towards the hunt (do not click to attack the hunt from afar), walk right next to the hunt and before your villagers stop, shoot the deer/animal.

What this does - means you arent standing far away shooting off very inaccurate shots. Sometimes a villager might hit the deer but the other misses and the deer runs away, your villies try to shoot, they miss, try to shoot, they miss, deer runs into the black, and causes alot of problems.
-most efficent way to kill a deer becuase you are already walking the same distance anyway, you might as well walk there, then shoot accurately, your villies wont miss fron close by and then start gathering asap.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames